PDA

View Full Version : Obama Debt Ceiling Speech 7/25

TheViper
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyG0kFCx-qE

zeegrim
07-25-2011, 08:29 PM
"It's not fair." I'm starting to hate that sentence.

purplechoe
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
"It's not fair." I'm starting to hate that sentence.

it gets my panties in a bunch when I hear politicians talking about "sacrifice"... I'm no slave!!!

http://libertarianchristians.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/800px-ama-gi.png

wannaberocker
07-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Obama speech summery : “Shared sacrifice, its not fair, Bush did it, Its not my fault, No party is blameless apart from me, Raise Taxes on the rich”.

wannaberocker
07-25-2011, 08:48 PM
The things this guy says. Still trying to ride that infrastructure spending boat, wait wasnt the billions in stimulus money for that purpose? I tell ya this guy has never seen a spending plan that he didnt like and he wants to act like Mr Resonable.

jware
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm so tired of the "We need the rich to pay their fair share" bullshit. Because the government knows how to spend people's money better than they themselves do? It's outrageous. All the wealth of the U.S.'s wealthiest citizens isn't a drop in the bucket compared to our national debt anyway. It's such a stupid, worn out argument that does nothing to help the U.S. with its current situation.

We're gonna cut spending, so we need to raise taxes on the rich to increase revenue to make up for the money that we're....saving???

PineGroveDave
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow...Yooz guyz really need to look beyond your "Ron Paul Mantra". This speech was masterfully executed. Articulate, concise where it needed to be, with just the right dose of obfuscating to allow the general populace to want to drop and suck his dick. reminds me of why he won the election. The dude can make people want to be fucked by him. Sure he's full of shit. Sure he's partisan. Sure he's floundering...but he looks (and sounds) good doing it...and Americans are gonna follow him into oblivion...unless we get RP to replace him.

mport1
07-25-2011, 10:01 PM
It infuriates me how he ALWAYS says "ask" when refering to demanding and stealing our money. If he is just asking me to contribute, I guess I can decline right? I guess armed men calling themselves the police won't eventually come throw me in a cage will they...

georgiaboy
07-26-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry but that's just 14 minutes and 44 seconds of my life I'm not willing to sacrifice.

angelatc
07-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Now, what makes today’s stalemate so dangerous is that it has been tied to something known as the debt ceiling – a term that most people outside of Washington have probably never heard of before.

Obviously, most people are just too stupid to have a valid opinion. Best to just let Obama decide how to handle this.

Bruno
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
How much money is Obama sending voluntarily to the IRS each year, in addition to what he has to pay? Why is he taking advantage of tax loopholes on the "those fortunate people like me who can afford to pay more" (his words) are allowed to take? His tax preparers don't have to do that, he could just choose not to use those tax breaks. He could send in $1,000,000 extra if he feels he isn't paying his fair share.

Does he really need a tax law change to make him do what he believes is morally right?

EDIT : These are all rhetorical questions, of course. :D

Matthew Zak
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not going to watch it. I haven't taken my blood pressure medication.

I do not require blood pressure medication, but if I watch that video I will.