PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama worse than Carter?

KramerDSP
07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I was born during the Carter administration, so I don't really know how it compares to the Obama administration. For those of you who were in HS or working during the Carter administration, how do the two compare?

suoulfrepus
07-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Don't know much about Carter, but I've heard libertarians say that Carter was the least bad President in at least the last fifty years.

Rothbardian Girl
07-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Carter gets a lot of hate, and a lot of it is unjustified in my opinion. He wasn't a good president, but neither was anyone else during the 20th century. It's unfair to single him out, in other words.

Sam I am
07-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I was born during the Carter administration, so I don't really know how it compares to the Obama administration. For those of you who were in HS or working during the Carter administration, how do the two compare?

If by worse than carter, you mean he came in at a worse time, then yes, yes he did

acptulsa
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Times are worse, and we're in a worse position to deal with them. But Carter mainly got a bad rap because he wasn't, shall we say, globalist enough to suit Congress. They were all 'team players' back then and Carter was an outsider. So, the name of the game throughout was saboutage. Ever wonder why it was liberal Carter who couldn't get the hostages home while warmongering Reagan could? Mondale wasn't a CIA insider and Bush was. That tell you anything?

Obama is far, far worse than Carter in every way.

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Times are worse, and we're in a worse position to deal with them. But Carter mainly got a bad rap because he wasn't, shall we say, globalist enough to suit Congress. They were all 'team players' back then and Carter was an outsider. So, the name of the game throughout was saboutage. Ever wonder why it was liberal Carter who couldn't get the hostages home while warmongering Reagan could? Mondale wasn't a CIA insider and Bush was. That tell you anything?

Truth ^^^

YumYum
07-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Didn't the economy under Carter come to a downward crescendo climax from Nixon letting the dollar free-fall in 1971? I never understood why Carter was blamed for what Nixon did.

acptulsa
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Didn't the economy under Carter come to a downward crescendo climax from Nixon letting the dollar free-fall in 1971? I never understood why Carter was blamed for what Nixon did.

Well, that didn't help. At the time, it was blamed on the OPEC embargo, but this was just cover for the first massive Fed devaluation. Which, in turn, led to Ford's silly-assed Whip Inflation Now buttons. And some horrendous interest rates, which pretty much brought expansion to a standstill.

No, not Carter's fault.

purplechoe
07-25-2011, 05:37 PM
At least Carter is much better when it comes to the Palestinian situation...

acptulsa
07-25-2011, 05:43 PM
At least Carter is much better when it comes to the Palestinian situation...

They had to give him the Nobel Peace Prize for Peace! Imagine that--a prize named for the inventor of the deadliest substance since ever given for actual efforts on behalf of peace! Gawd how they hated having to do that!

Danke
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
They had to give him the Nobel Peace Prize for Peace! Imagine that--a prize named for the inventor of the deadliest substance since ever given for actual efforts on behalf of peace! Gawd how they hated having to do that!

"Peace Through Strength." ;)

purplechoe
07-25-2011, 05:50 PM

Well Obama got one as well, those people are freaking hypocrites...

acptulsa
07-25-2011, 05:59 PM
If Carter had the brains and balls to go with his conscience, he could have done some real good. But he seemed to have faith in the Fed, for example, even though it was killing us at the time. Dumb stuff. And the Education Department was his baby too.

His main problem was he believed in the very stuff that was destroying him. No wonder he didn't get reelected.

amy31416
07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Carter appointed Brzezinski, and as far as I'm concerned, that's really freaking bad.

Of course, Brzezinski has Obama's ear too.

erowe1
07-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Of course Obama is worse than Carter. That's not even a contest.

Frankly, you could make a case that every single president we've had since Carter has been worse than Carter. I'm not sure which way I'd vote for those comparisons.

akforme
07-25-2011, 06:27 PM
I think it was lew rockwell who said Carter was the least evil president we've had in a long time. I'd probably agree with that. Carter sucked, but not as much as the neocons like to paint him out to be. The entire economy collapse in the 70's, blame the democrat.

libertyjam
07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Carter appointed Brzezinski, and as far as I'm concerned, that's really freaking bad.

Of course, Brzezinski has Obama's ear too.

+1
Yep, I can't think of anything tame enough to say about that one in public. A monster, along with Kissinger.

libertyjam
07-25-2011, 06:36 PM
I think it was lew rockwell who said Carter was the least evil president we've had in a long time. I'd probably agree with that. Carter sucked, but not as much as the neocons like to paint him out to be. The entire economy collapse in the 70's, blame the democrat.

The only reason I could agree with Lew on that is that Carter was too fucking ignorant to be actually evil. Smart, but ignorant, and if ever anyone says you cannot be both, Carter is the best example of it ever.

But yes, Obama is worse, much, much worse.

erowe1
07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
The only reason I could agree with Lew on that is that Carter was too fucking ignorant to be actually evil. Smart, but ignorant, and if ever anyone says you cannot be both, Carter is the best example of it ever.

I would much rather a president who's too ignorant to be evil over one who's evil.

There haven't been any presidents since Coolidge that deserve to be called so much as decent. The best any of them were was benign in comparison to the others. Ford was probably pretty benign in comparison too. Honestly, when all's said and done, so was Clinton. Not sure where I'd put Reagan.

Brian4Liberty
07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Carter never told a lie.
Obama never told the truth.

Pro-Life Libertarian
07-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't believe in this Jimmah Carter nice-guy nonsense.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48232

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/carter_im_probably_superior_to_other_former_presid ents.html

oyarde
07-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes , the economic damage done by Obama is much worse than Carter.