PDA

View Full Version : CA - Cops - "or we do this the hard way, we come back with a warrant and shoot your dog"

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Alameda sheriffs threaten to kill paraplegic man's dog in marijuana raid

http://www.examiner.com/medical-marijuana-dispensaries-in-portland/alameda-sheriffs-threaten-to-kill-paraplegic-man-s-dog-marijuana-raid

An Alameda County medical marijuana patient is reeling after sheriffs raided his garden and threatened to kill his pet dog today.

Jason Rivera, a paraplegic who suffers severe chronic pain, was detained by sheriffs presenting a warrant at his recording studio. The warrant was based on the tip of an anonymous informant, said Rivera, recounting the statements of deputies on the scene.

As sheriffs executed the warrant at the studio, one asked Rivera about searching his home. Rivera says the deputy threatened to kill his dog if he didn't cooperate. "We can do this the easy way and you can take us to your house to look around," Rivera recounts the deputy saying, "or we can detain you for six hours while we get a warrant and go to your house and shoot your dog."

The killing of family pets by SWAT officers during marijuana raids has generated numerous headlines recently, including chilling video of a raid in Columbia, Missouri, where a man's dog was shot seven times while the man's seven-year-old child slept in the next room. In these cases, police spokespersons defend the actions of the officers by explaining that in these no-knock raids, securing the premises and eliminating immediate threats to officer safety is standard operating procedure. Rarely are any officers punished for the wanton killing of these animals that are merely defending their homes from intruders.

In Rivera's case, however, we have officers who are obviously aware there is a dog at his home. They cannot justify using force against the animal when they have plenty of time to contact Animal Control and deal with the potential threat humanely. This threat is nothing more than emotional terrorism by our domestic police force to trample a disabled man's Fourth Amendment rights in a crusade over a plant.

jkr
07-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Mod note: Removed - forum guidelines

fisharmor
07-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Now hold on, local LE in California won't be looking for drugs from a medical patient, and it doesn't say what the warrant is for.
So we should know what crime he committed before coming down on his side.
For instance, it was a recording studio, he could be pirating MP3's, in which case this might be justified.

/sarcasm

hillbilly123069
07-25-2011, 02:44 PM
You mess with my dog, we'll do it the hard way. I may not win, but I'd let them know they'd been in a fight.

moonshineplease
07-25-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7u91A3KGQ

heavenlyboy34
07-25-2011, 02:56 PM
How much more of this kind of shit needs to happen before the sheeple will WAKE THE FUCK UP?!! :mad:

mrsat_98
07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I hope this scum ba$tard police officer's fellow officers understand that some people may just judge them by the company they keep.

fisharmor
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
How much more of this kind of shit needs to happen before the sheeple will WAKE THE FUCK UP?!! :mad:

Well, the people they kill are still slipping through the cracks, but the dogs are making them crazy.
Seems like they're waking up, but obviously haven't gotten their coffee yet.
I find the fact that they care more about dogs than people more exasperating than if they didn't care at all.

squarepusher
07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
so, this makes it pretty clear that cops kill animals for terrorism, not for self defense/protection/etc...

Nirvikalpa
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I can't even... :mad: Scum of the earth...

amonasro
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
If they already had a search warrant, technically they didn't need to ask. They could have just barged in. But threatening the dog is uncalled for--sounds like the officer was just being a prick.

pcosmar
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
so, this makes it pretty clear that cops kill animals for terrorism, not for self defense/protection/etc...

At least the are finally being honest about it.
:mad:

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Well, the people they kill are still slipping through the cracks, but the dogs are making them crazy.
Seems like they're waking up, but obviously haven't gotten their coffee yet.
I find the fact that they care more about dogs than people more exasperating than if they didn't care at all.

No SHIT!!! That ^^^

Remember the Marine "puppy tossing" incident.

That soldier could have smoked a whole car full Iraqi families every day and nobody would bat an eyelash, hell, he'd get awards.

Toss a puppy off a cliff?

String 'em up!

flightlesskiwi
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
made another notation in my "book of double standards".

sounds like the cops were a bit...hmm... extreme?

mrsat_98
07-25-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/contact_us.htm

acptulsa
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I really, really want to see the warrant where the judge specifically ordered the dog shot. I really, really want to see that.

Want to see where the Constitution allows pet executions, too.

Time for some judges to get freaking pissed at these cops. And I think we should be the ones to encourage these judges to get that pissed. Because it's judges the cops are dissing, and it's judges who are best placed to make the cops' lives a living hell.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM

AFPVet
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I am starting to think that a lot of these departments are picking the war hardened and unemotional veterans per order of the feds. I think this is a design. Couple this with steroid abuse and you have what we are seeing today. I still need to get started on my blog about the us v. them mentality being taught at academies.

amy31416
07-25-2011, 05:59 PM
No SHIT!!! That ^^^

Remember the Marine "puppy tossing" incident.

That soldier could have smoked a whole car full Iraqi families every day and nobody would bat an eyelash, hell, he'd get awards.

Toss a puppy off a cliff?

String 'em up!

http://www.cbsnews.com/i/tim//2010/05/17/aiyanajones_1_370x278.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/the-resistance/Ed7RshOCOCbRjc7v8nf8xPlkIP4n1HQwg9B7hj05leani4iw9f cTwWlPaHyE/jose-guerena-murder.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1311638576&Signature=Qp4I14BWIzJVYLaJZEkNoiQftcs%3D

http://www.sfbayview.com/wp-content/uploads/oscar-grant.jpg

As disgusted as I was with a soldier throwing a puppy off a cliff, I'm much more disgusted, repulsed and mortified by the humans that are killed.

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
I still need to get started on my blog about the us v. them mentality being taught at academies.

Please do.

I don't want to hound you about it though.

daviddee
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 10:52 PM
AMAZING. Great find.

We all knew this to be true... but it is great having confirmation.

Will be posted on dogmurderers in the hour.

NVM my other post, you got it.

Good job!

speciallyblend
07-25-2011, 11:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM

messana
07-25-2011, 11:53 PM
http://stash.norml.org/alameda-sheriffs-threaten-to-kill-paraplegic-mans-dog-if-he-didnt-comply-in-marijuana-raid

Friday morning update: I contacted the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office (you can, too, 510-272-6878) to get more information on the raid. By “contacted”, I mean, “spoke with humans who worked there”, I certainly don’t mean “spoke with anyone who knew what the hell was going on”.

First the main Administrative Office. I ask for the Public Information Officer. He’s on vacation, I’m told, but Ray Kelly is filling in. I dial the number given and get the “this number is not in service” recording. I call back to verify I, indeed, got the right number and checked my BlackBerry to ensure I didn’t “fat finger” the dialing. Nope, just a Ray Kelly with a disconnected number.

So Administrative Office transfers me to Warrants. The person there can’t find any warrant for a Jason Rivera. They want to transfer me to Jail, but I explain there was no arrest. Perhaps someone in Investigations can help? She transfers me.

Investigations has no record of a Jason Rivera or a warrant served on his property yesterday. Maybe the folks in Records can help out? She transfers me.

Records is an automated message system.

I contacted Jason to get more info. Turns out the warrant was served for “2-Fisted Productions”, his recording studio business, and his name was not even on the original warrant, but was added after police arrived and got his name. He says there were about five cops he was aware of. One of them gave him a card, which Jason will forward to me along with a copy of the warrant. Jason says he was given no other documents relating to the search of his studio, his home, and the removal of his plants and growing equipment.

“Remember the movie Training Day?” Jason asked me. ”It felt like that. When they came in and found out I didn’t have a bunch of cash or usable medicine or guns or anything, they all seemed really disappointed.” Could it be that Alameda County Sheriffs got a tip that a rap recording studio engineer was growing pot and expected to find a Suge Knight-like kingpin with mountains of drugs and an arsenal to defend it? Or was it just another typical “smash-and-grab” operation where they expected to make a hefty profit on asset forfeiture of cash and bling?

Still no charges have been filed and Jason’s not been contacted by police since. Could it be that a marijuana garden in the Bay Area tended by a paraplegic without cash and guns makes for lousy public relations in Alameda County? I’ll keep you posted.

Anti Federalist
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the update ^^^

aGameOfThrones
07-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Intimidation, threats, coercion, all in a days work for a cop.

The requirement for warrants in the seizure of persons and property is an affirmation of common law principles. The declaration in our constitutions prescribing the mode in which they are to issue, reflects the abhorrence of the use of the so-called "general warrants," whereby easy and arbitrary arrests and seizures were made.

Despite such declarations for the security of liberty, privacy and property, history shows that the executive department has strong tendencies to disregard and violate them, as revealed by the U.S. Supreme Court:

"Though the police are honest and their aims worthy, history shows they are not appropriate guardians of the privacy which the Fourth Amendment protects."~Jones v. United States, 362 U.S. 257, 273(1959)

While the Fourth Amendment has been badly violated, we find that the due process of law provision is virtually ignored when it comes to warrants. For the most part it is the due process provision which prescribes the actual requirement of a warrant for all arrests except where public security allows a warrantless arrest.

A treatise on arrest and false imprisonment (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297190-A-treatise-on-arrest-and-false-imprisonment)

Nate
07-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Disgusting.

Bossobass
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
What strikes me is that law enforcement has turned into a military-style (which means no style at all) serial killing mob. I always read that serial killers always begin by killing animals.

How much longer are we gonna let the serial killers represent us around the world an dominate our lives at home?

Probably too long.

Bosso

Krugerrand
07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Also - anonymous tips should not be allowed for search warrants.

HOLLYWOOD
07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Every time I here shit like this... that line for ROBOCOP movie comes to mind.

"Dead or Alive... you're coming with me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjBoRtvhu8

Freedom 4 all
07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Geez, the Crips generally show more compassion than this.