PDA

View Full Version : Are We About to Enter the Perfect Storm?

georgiaboy
07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the fact that the debt ceiling 'deadline' of August 2 - and whatever aftermath follows - leads us right up to Ames does nothing but help RP's chances of winning the straw poll.

It places the economy, debt, spending, etc, front and center, which is Ron's strong suit.

It allows Ron to react and respond regardless of what Congress and the White House end up doing, a great setup for him to launch into all his favorite topics - reducing spending, reducing regulations, freeing the marketplace, and how he's steadfastly been trying to do these things for decades.

Are we about to enter the perfect storm for a Ronslide?

trey4sports
07-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I think the fact that the debt ceiling 'deadline' of August 2 - and whatever aftermath follows - leads us right up to Ames does nothing but help RP's chances of winning the straw poll.

It places the economy, debt, spending, etc, front and center, which is Ron's strong suit.

It allows Ron to react and respond regardless of what Congress and the White House end up doing, a great setup for him to launch into all his favorite topics - reducing spending, reducing regulations, freeing the marketplace, and how he's steadfastly been trying to do these things for decades.

I think this is exactly what the campaign was thinking when they decided to do this ad.

mit26chell
07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm concerned about Paul in this upcoming climate. I agree with Paul, that if Washington acted correctly and we pass the deadline with no debt limit increase, that does not mean a default. However, I would not put it past Obama and his handlers to intentionally inflict pain on those Americans who are living on Social Security benefits, etc. While there is plenty of money to fund SS w/o a debt limit increase, Obama's first comment regarding what wouldn't go out was regarding how seniors may not see their SS checks! Obama will act in his political interest in order to try and hurt many Americans, then blame it on the republicans. Paul is leading the charge on this issue, and I believe is the only one who has boldly stated we should just go ahead and default. He is in front of the pack on the debt talks, and is therefore more susceptible to attacks.

The campaign needs to play this very, very carefully.

Ben Richards
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I think that if Obama didn't send out Social Security checks he would be impeached on the charge of attempted manslaughter. At the end of the day it is his choice where to spend the money, and if he wants to spend it bombing brown people and killing grandmothers he'll have to sale it to the American people.

trey4sports
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
the media is saying the proposal that is gaining steam holds no tax increases... .so what happens if the debt ceiling is raised and it actually plays more favorably to the tea party, doesn't that weaken the message of this ad?

georgiaboy
07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
the media is saying the proposal that is gaining steam holds no tax increases... .so what happens if the debt ceiling is raised and it actually plays more favorably to the tea party, doesn't that weaken the message of this ad?

how does raising the debt ceiling play well with the tea party? It just perpetuates the status quo, allowing spending to continue to grow and debt to pile up, currency to weaken,....

georgiaboy
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I think that if Obama didn't send out Social Security checks he would be impeached on the charge of attempted manslaughter. At the end of the day it is his choice where to spend the money, and if he wants to spend it bombing brown people and killing grandmothers he'll have to sale it to the American people.

Completely agree. SS checks not going out only hurts Obama, especially while foreign spending continues.

harikaried
07-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Also, don't forget about the debate that comes up just before the Iowa Straw Poll (Aug 13th).

The debate is..

August 11, 2011 – An Iowa debate, hosted by the Iowa Republican Party, The Washington Examiner and Fox News Channel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_ debates,_2012

brushfire
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
How can Ron Paul lose - with either outcome?

What really needs to be done, will not be done. Ron Paul will be there for the followup.

rich34
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Ron needs to be assertive in that debate and also be very careful not let fox news pull any stunts on him like they tried in SC.

tangent4ronpaul
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm really surprised Ron hasn't introduced legislation outlining his own plan to balance the budget and deal with the debt ceiling. The couple of plans that have been introduced have been front page news and the lead stories of news commentators.

I would imagine such a plan would include getting out of several wars and bringing the troops home, shuttering a number of federal agencies, etc.

It's a small time window, but you can't buy PR as good as this would.

-t

LibertyEagle
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm really surprised Ron hasn't introduced legislation outlining his own plan to balance the budget and deal with the debt ceiling. The couple of plans that have been introduced have been front page news and the lead stories of news commentators.

I would imagine such a plan would include getting out of several wars and bringing the troops home, shuttering a number of federal agencies, etc.

-t

Yup, that would be killer.

georgiaboy
07-25-2011, 06:26 PM

-t

indeed.

Inflation
07-25-2011, 06:33 PM

The Ronslide started in 2007.

Now we're seeing the beginning of Ronageddon.

The aPAULcalypse cometh!

Get your gold, guns, and gardens ready for Zero Hour.

Being very well prepared can't hurt, in any outcome.

georgiaboy
07-25-2011, 06:37 PM
yep, Inf, the r3VOLution is rising. Let's all make sure we show the 3VOL to those around us in need when the time comes.

just saw in a related thread the vaunted Fox News talking of a possible RP win in Ames. My, my, what a difference a few short years makes.

They must also see the writing on the wall -- Ron stands to make the most hay of this debt ceiling issue no matter which way it goes.

georgiaboy
07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Bob Cusack, reporter with TheHill.com, was on C-SPAN this morning, and he mentioned Ron Paul several times when giving examples about those uncompromising 'no' votes to the latest Boehner bill.

Obama just spoke about a 'faction' holding up getting the debt ceiling raised.

Reid just mentioned 'extremists led by the tea party'

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Despite the all the pressure, armtwisting, public calling out, etc., the tea party stronghold is not wavering. These heroes are to be lauded.

If the tea party succeeds in not raising the debt ceiling by Aug. 2, their leverage gain will be immense.

If the big gov't D&R goes around the tea party and passes more spending and fluff, the stronghold will have at least kept its word while allowing others to show their true colors, which is also enormous.

Again, Ron gets to lead the discussion going into Ames; he wins either way.

FSP-Rebel
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Despite the all the pressure, armtwisting, public calling out, etc., the tea party stronghold is not wavering. These heroes are to be lauded.

If the tea party succeeds in not raising the debt ceiling by Aug. 2, their leverage gain will be immense.

Thanks in part to Mark Levin as he listed all those reps that needed to be reminded of their tea party roots on his website and social sites and told his massive audience to get in touch with them over this. I believe he calls it the official Levin Surge. Heck, even Hannity has been plugging the Mack/Paul budget plan for days now.

FSP-Rebel
07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
dupe

KingRobbStark
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree with the Tangent. Paul needs a competitive bill of his own.

georgiaboy
08-06-2011, 06:56 AM
well, bump. Stock market drop, Europe, econ. reports, S&P downgrade should play right into Ron's hands.

georgiaboy
08-18-2011, 03:30 PM
perfect storm, indeed. 152 votes shy of beating free Randy Travis tix. and a Jon Stewart media surge. and a huge NH HQ opening and welcome.

Sjmfury
08-18-2011, 03:43 PM
It's only the beginning, this year is the year Ron Paul wins it all.

afwjam
08-18-2011, 03:49 PM
The Ron Paul Birthday Bomb will be kicking it all off!! We have a bunch of first timers getting ready to pop their cherries and the start of the school year! Things are about to get CRAZY!

Kords21
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM
As much as I don't like seeing people losing their money in their retirement funds and such, but the reality of the matter is that the weaker the economy gets the stronger a case Dr. Paul can make on being the only guy on the stage to see it coming. I told me Mom today that regardless of if you agree or disagree with him on other things doesn't matter. If this country doesn't get its financial house in order all those other issues aren't going to matter. I'd much rather have the guy who truly understands the problem, was warning people for years at the helm to fix the problems. We can deal with those other issues afterwards.

outspoken
08-18-2011, 04:28 PM
As much as I don't like seeing people losing their money in their retirement funds and such, but the reality of the matter is that the weaker the economy gets the stronger a case Dr. Paul can make on being the only guy on the stage to see it coming. I told me Mom today that regardless of if you agree or disagree with him on other things doesn't matter. If this country doesn't get its financial house in order all those other issues aren't going to matter. I'd much rather have the guy who truly understands the problem, was warning people for years at the helm to fix the problems. We can deal with those other issues afterwards.

Human beings are such that we only raise our state of consciousness when suffering is first applied. With great suffering come great awakening... let's get on with the suffering so that people can awaken to the value of true freeom both internally as well as externally. Be prepared for the pressure and be a source of comfort to those around you, then let us each become like diamonds from the coal rather than dust.

georgiaboy
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Irene came, fortunately didn't cause nearly the kind of damage that the mediasphere anticipated. Yet laid at Ron Paul's feet was an opportunity to expose another wasteful gov't bureaucracy - FEMA - and to allow RP to again distinguish himself from among his fellow candidates. Perfect storm, indeed. Couldn't have written it better myself.

Paul4Prez
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM
We're already in the perfect storm:

Economic collapse Ron Paul predicted
Obomba bombing half the world
Record spending, deficits, and debt
Bankster bailouts and stimulus for the culprits
TSA groping young and old alike
Guitar makers, Amish farmers, and medicinal herb dispensaries being raided by federal goons
Americans watching people worldwide demanding freedom from oppressive govt
A weak Republican field copying his ideas

Topping 10% in the polls as Trump, Palin, Pawlenty, Cain, Gingrich, Bachmann, and now Romney fade

CaptainAmerica
08-31-2011, 12:35 AM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/d5fc8d0b.jpg

georgiaboy
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
stormy weather continuing as Dow plummets.

Ron Paul takes 2nd in NH poll, great new ad, and debate tonight.