PDA

View Full Version : AZ primary Jan 31?

johndeal
07-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like Jan Brewer is leaning towards an earlier primary. At least she has to make the decision 150 days prior to the primary (September). I was wondering what advice you guys would have should this go down in Arizona, Florida and other states.

What did people do in Michigan do last time around and what can we do now if this goes down? Obviously it is targeted to help Romney which is the same thing he pulled in Michigan last time around.

Dorfsmith
07-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Since we're talking about Arizona, I keep talking to Independents who think they can vote in the AZ Republican primary. My wife called the Secretary Of States office and they told her that the Arizona presidential primary is NOT open (Congressional and other primaries are). We need to make sure that we get Arizona Ron Paul supporters registered Republican ASAP!

RonPaul101.com
07-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Since we're talking about Arizona, I keep talking to Independents who think they can vote in the AZ Republican primary. My wife called the Secretary Of States office and they told her that the Arizona presidential primary is NOT open (Congressional and other primaries are). We need to make sure that we get Arizona Ron Paul supporters registered Republican ASAP!

Correct, AZ is a closed primary for presidential politics: http://archive.fairvote.org/?page=1801 so register as a Republican if need be. Voters should be reminded that even if they still "favor" Obama, they should register as Republican so that their second choice (GOP candidate) gets in since there is no Democrat Primary this cycle.

libertybrewcity
07-25-2011, 12:35 PM
let's hope this is not official. this could be deadly

Dorfsmith
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM
let's hope this is not official. this could be deadly

All articles I've read suggest that Brewer has pretty much made up her mind to do this. We'll see. If so, we have our work cut out for us here.

ChrisDixon
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Who do we have out there in Arizona right now? I have a buddy out there who wants me to put him in touch with some grassroots people out there to start getting involved.

trey4sports
07-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Az will be a lost cause, unless we make a big splash in Iowa and NH

Badger Paul
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Basically we'll have the same calendar as we had in 2008. We'll start in Wyoming Jan. 7; Iowa Jan. 9; New Hampshire Jan. 17; Nevada and South Carolina Jan. 21; Louisiana Jan. 28 and Florida and Arizona Jan. 31; Maine, Feb. 4 and Super Tuesday, Feb. 7

Dorfsmith
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Who do we have out there in Arizona right now? I have a buddy out there who wants me to put him in touch with some grassroots people out there to start getting involved.

If your buddy is in Northern AZ he should hook up with us. We're very active up here:

http://www.facebook.com/dorfsmith#!/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-Flagstaff-Arizona/141707019230784

If he's in Phoenix, these guys are awesome (we work together on big events):

http://www.meetup.com/RonPaulPhoenix/