PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wallstreet?

QueenB4Liberty
07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Has anyone else heard of this?

http://occupywallst.org/

brushfire
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Nope - sounds eerily familiar though... Friends of Van?

QueenB4Liberty
07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
What/who is van?

erowe1
07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
If you want to occupy Wall St. just buy stocks. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

The same luxury doesn't apply to the regime in Washington, DC.

brushfire
07-25-2011, 12:49 PM
What/who is van?

Sorry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones

My take on this is that its a form of "financial terrorism". The very stuff that is being encouraged by members of the "open society".

Just my opinion...

NewRightLibertarian
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Why not occupy Washington D.C.?

Oh wait, I guess that wouldn't be in line with the agenda of the group organizing this

jeann888
08-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Has anyone else heard of this?

http://occupywallst.org/

"Friends of Van" Who is "van".

Is there anything, anything at all that people can do united in this country? So much easier to blame another side, while the country has been sold and taken from within. Some people would not know freedom if the bald eagle flew up thier ass.

This is what the DayofRage is which is supporting #occupywallstreet.

ourrighttoknow.blogspot.com Scroll down. It's the second or third blog.

It's about the fact that a government run by bribery is not a government of, by and for the people. So in essence its not yours. You have lost it. You let it be taken. Honey, its gone. Why? because you're too busy looking to the right or the left of EVERYTHING.

It's the corruption stupid!!!

I'll be back. I'm at work right now.

erowe1
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Is there anything, anything at all that people can do united in this country?

I don't know. But why does it matter?

The idea of unity as a virtue is the foundation of major ethical problems (e.g. wars "to preserve the union"). If all individuals independently decide they want the same thing, and unity comes out of that by way of their free choice, that's fine. But if people are compelled to go along with something they don't want, just for the sake of unity, that's horrible.

Can we do something united in this country that we actually all do freely? I don't know. But I do know that if we can, protesting capitalism isn't it, because I'll have nothing to do with it.

I'm guessing what's happened here is that you're somehow involved in this boondoggle, and as Aug. 9th approaches, it's becoming more and more obvious to you that it's doomed to be a flop, so you came here hoping you could rally conservatives to your cause with some kind of a guilt trip. Is that right?

babykibbon
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
I've seen clips of the protest and it doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon. I heard 7 were arrested for too many of them wearing masks..apparently only two people in a group can be wearing masks per NYC ordinance. From the footage I have watched and the signs they are holding, the Tweets and articles I've been reading I see some good and some bad. It looks like there are some Ron Paul supporters there spreading information and holding signs, there are Anti-war protesters, progressives, liberals, ex-wallstreet people, anarchists, communists, lots of college students, all different causes, people who are bored, so it is a real mix. I don't know anyone from the Manhattan area that is a Ron Paul supporter...I posted on my NJ Ron Paul group asking if anyone knew if there was an organized effort for people to walk around the protest because it is a really good place to get new supporters. If we had people out there making sense and talking to people...because from what I have seen there are a bunch of discussion groups going on and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to work Ron Paul into the conversation about Wallstreet, the Fed, explain to them the difference between crony capitalism and free market capitalism..it would be an amazing recruiting effort that is easy.

00_Pete
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
""Young people have no conception of the conspiracy's strategy of pressure from above and pressure from below. [The radical activists] have no idea that they are playing into the hands of the Establishment they claim to hate. The radicals think they're fighting the forces of the super rich, like Rockefeller and Ford, and they don't realize that it is precisely such forces which are behind their own revolution, financing it, and using it for their own purposes." - Jerry Kirk, former member of SDS, Black Panthers and Communist Party USA in a testimony before the House and Senate Internal Security Panels in 1969

brushfire
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2YeW3XKSCY