PDA

View Full Version : New Video! Ron Paul - "Controversial"

Csturmer
07-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm a 25 year old male from the east coast. I have donated, volunteered and advertised the thoughts/campaign of Ron Paul and I have been searching for new ways to contribute to his bid for the 2012 whitehouse seat. My girlfriend got me a magnet to put on my car, which I keep looking good to sport Ron's name. See: http://thegldnrule.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/my-new-car/

I went to film school and am also a part time photographer, which was an interest of mine through highschool and college. I also have an interest in writing and the geopolitical implications of our monetary policy. A few months ago I started a blog called "The Golden Rule," which aims to explore independently verified but contrarion worldviews. I have dabbled with writing and maybe putting together some type of documentary, but have struggled with lack of focus because I don't have a partner to push and expand ideas with me.

However, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and create a short (>10 minute) construction of some of Ron paul's key issues; foreign policy and monetary policy. This is basically a first cut but I like to play with harmonies and music to rouse emotion as well as key phrases that either resonate "truthful" or "deceitful." Please let me know your thoughts and if you like it, pass it on with a link to my blog please!

http://thegldnrule.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmPw_jtoALk

Note *I have given this the creative commons license on Youtube so feel free to copy and spread. This is my donation for the campaign so I don't care if I get credit for it or not, so long as it is spread and seen.

Deborah K
07-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Welcome Csturmer. I think you're on the right track. :)

sailingaway
07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks!

I don't know how many people will see this in this subforum, though.

Working Poor
07-25-2011, 10:04 AM
cool

economics102
07-26-2011, 02:03 AM
This is one of the best RP videos I've seen. I think this is actually a good "intro" video to RP because it bounces around issues and decades just enough to generate intrigue while showing a lot of RP's great comments over the years. I think if you show this to someone not familiar with RP it would lead to the reaction of "that's, interesting, I'd like to see more about this guy."

Csturmer
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I never did get to a level where I was comfortable being flashy or fancy with my editing...I really enjoy playing with visuals/voice with a vocal-less soundtrack. I like syncing the harmonies with certain expressions or words, and when it comes to picking the right words I just listened to my OWN feelings when I heard Ron speak. He's not what most people consider a "good speaker" but he is (moreso in his younger days) a great DEBATER. He's full of information and the soundbyte generation is NOT his forte. He needs time and freedom to express nuance, and when he does I find him a very POWERFUL intellectual.. That's key, to me - and when I was selecting these clips I really just tried to pick the ones that either caught me off guard, or really made me say "HMmmmmmm! That makes so much sense." I felt like the more of those I put in a sub 10 minute video, the more successful it would be.

Just as a side note, regarding Paul's speaking abilities; one of his greatest successes is his ability to keep his cool. There is NO better example of this than when he was on the Morton Downey Jr. show and was getting ANTAGONIZED by Downey himself. It has helped me to not get emotional in debates since I started watching videos of him.