PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Most Anti-Liberty Movie of the Year?

Matthew Zak
07-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Captain America was embarrassingly nationalistic, pro-war, have faith in your government propaganda. Do not let your kids see this terrible movie.

Never once was an actual noble cause given for the war.

The war, fighting war, and being proud of war was the entire premise of the movie.

The ending credits featured this poster:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/images/tlc0090.jpg

Slutter McGee
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry. Captain America kicked ass. You all get too fucking intense when a movie seems to violate your philosophy. I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything if I got all worked up every time a movie did something that was contrary to my beliefs.

HAVE FUN. That movie was fucking awesome.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Matthew Zak
07-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Imagine seeing it through the eyes of a 10 year old and tell me I'm too intense. I'm not even a father and my blood is boiling.

Furthermore, the graphics were surprisingly bad. The plot was nauseatingly predictable. And the writing was awful.

It was basically one giant product placement for: The U.S. Army.

Danke
07-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Furthermore, the graphics were surprisingly bad. The plot was nauseatingly predictable. And the writing was awful.

Besides maybe the graphics, it sounds like a typical Hollywood movie.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-24-2011, 12:22 PM
It will be incredibly interesting to see what Joss Whedon, the very anti-state creator of Firefly, will do as the writer/director of the upcoming "The Avengers" film. Everything Whedon does is badass and well crafted in addition to being very anti-control and individualistic. The fact that he was brought on to do such a massive hollywood flick that they could have easily made as propaganda is astonishing in itself.

We'll see!

AGRP
07-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a documentary based on facts. Isn't that what America really is? If it was Captain Liberty, then I would be furious. I probably wont see it for years, but Im really enjoying conan's promo segments on the movie.

Freaking hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjETJtzgO2A

Theocrat
07-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry. Captain America kicked ass. You all get too fucking intense when a movie seems to violate your philosophy. I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything if I got all worked up every time a movie did something that was contrary to my beliefs.

HAVE FUN. That movie was fucking awesome.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I, too, enjoyed watching the movie. I don't believe it was promoting a particular pro-war agenda as much as it was telling the story within the context of the original comic book. That's how I understood it, anyway.

Except for some editing issues, I thought Captain America was nicely done. It had humor, good action sequences, and the storyline was intelligently done to link to other Avenger films. I didn't think Chris Evans would pull it off as Captain America, but he did a surprisingly good job.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Come on man, its a movie.

devil21
07-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Enough with the stupid super hero movies. Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.

Romulus
07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Come on man, its a movie.

It's more than that. It always is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlr0qf0eTHU

Legend1104
07-24-2011, 02:18 PM
You should read the Civil war series of marvel comics that came out a few years back. Captain America was very pro liberty and anti-collectivism in it. He opposed a superhero registration act. That is the Captain America I like.

messana
07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Aren't the anti war/state movies more popular anyways?

ProIndividual
07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
As a comic enthusiast I can tell you, many comic books of this era were propaganda pieces meant to brainwash children, funded by the CIA. Captain America stands as the most glaring example. His enemies in comics were often racist caricatures of Japanese, Chinese, Russian, German, and other peoples our government had a conflict with. It's pretty widely accepted the plots and story lines, not to mention characters, of Captain america were in their original form CIA plants.

It was simply an anti-communist character at first, and then expanded. He isn't a pro-liberty character. You might want to go buy some of the first ten or 20 years of the story line.

His first appearance was in March of 1941, in Captain America Comics #1. Captain America was first published by Timely Comics. Timely Comics would later go on to be Marvel Comics. His creation was several years in the making before that though. Creators Joe Simon and Jack Kirby felt that a war with the Nazis was inevitable. Also, that the American public was in need of a galvanizing figure to lead the charge. Morale was not always great in the country and the times ahead were uncertain.

Captain America was a propaganda tool for them and Captain America would star in comics combating the Nazis and other Axis powers of World War II. Captain America was an instant success, selling over a million copies in his very first appearance. That issue, Captain America Comics #1, notably featured Captain America punching Hitler in the face. No punches were pulled with Captain America, the creators voiced their thoughts and ideals exactly as they had them.

He's a pro-war character, trying to drum up support for war in Europe. Hardly peace loving defender, or pro-liberty, eh?

Captain America is a superhero that can have different people in his role. He is a creation of the United States government and was enhanced by them to help achieve their mission. Essentially, Captain America was a type of super soldier created by the government. However, this person can be chosen by the government at will and doesn’t have to remain consistent.

Just a uniform, that any hero can wear...hmm, brainwashing kids into the warrior fantasy...

. His costume is easily recognizable; he carries a shield with a United States red, white and blue, stars and stripes theme. His clothes feature the same style, as he proudly supports the United States and furthers their wartime needs.

You'll notice the character is shelved whenever peace "breaks out".

The Captain America character was killed in 2007, after a near continuous run after his reintroduction in 1964. This was largely due to the political strife in the nation. Fans from one political end wanted Captain America fighting wars in the Middle East while fans from the other end wanted Captain America to be a critic of the American government.

Rather than allow him to be a critic, they killed him off.

Source : http://www.superherocomicshop.com/captain-america-history

Think back to your days watching "G.I. Joe"...do you realize now the CIA was planting BS in your head as a child? Let us review the shows opening theme song:

Yo Joe!
He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble.
GI Joe is there.

It's GI Joe against Cobra the enemy
Fighting to save the day.
He never gives up.
He's always there,
Fighting for freedom over land and air

GI Joe- A real American hero
GI Joe is there

GI Joe is the codename for American's daring, highly trained
special mission force.
It's purpose, to defend human freedom against Cobra-
a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

He never gives up.
He'll stay til the fight's won.
GI Joe will dare.

GI Joe

Did anyone notice Cobra was a bunch of Middle Easterns?

Sure, it's subtle...but when Cobra Commander teamed up with a new Cobra leader, a genetic mix of the greatest tyrants in history, the Cobra war-cry become "Cobra-la-la-la-la-la-la!".

Who yells, "La-la-la-la-la-la!", except crazy arabs in the Middle East? Exactly, no one does.

These cartoons are part of a half a century or so long psy-ops on American children. A clandestine operation to brainwash children.

Next time you watch a pro sport, a kid's game essentially, notice all the military advertisements...it's everywhere your child looks.

The newest Navy commercials on ESPN say "The Navy, A Global Force for Good", and say it should be there "until natural disasters don't strike"...which we all know is never going to happen, nor does it have anything to do with policing the world, and it also doesn't explain why it's our responsibility to play Santa Claus to the world. But there it is, on a sports channel, where children are sure to see it.

Pay attention to your children's cartoons, I bet there is at least one trying to lure them into this nationalist zombie mentality, and put them in harm's way for the governments betterment.

Captain America is a warmonger, always was...a character they break out to drum up support for an upcoming war, or to promote ongoing wars. He's a zombie nationalist, not a patriot. He's not a hero at all, he's a villain dressed up by the government as a hero.

ProIndividual
07-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't believe it was promoting a particular pro-war agenda as much as it was telling the story within the context of the original comic book.

The original comic book was a pro-war agenda.

Theocrat
07-24-2011, 03:04 PM
You should read the Civil war series of marvel comics that came out a few years back. Captain America was very pro liberty and anti-collectivism in it. He opposed a superhero registration act. That is the Captain America I like.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/090-0425211614-captainamerica-ron-paul.jpg

Slutter McGee
07-24-2011, 03:09 PM
You people really are nuts sometimes.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

ProIndividual
07-24-2011, 03:49 PM
You people really are nuts sometimes.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Damn those historical facts...lol.

KCIndy
07-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Enough with the stupid super hero movies. Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.

Nooooo!!!

Not yet!! They haven't made "Superman vs. Batman" yet!

:D

Okay, okay, I'll admit I'm a nerd.

Ytrebil
07-24-2011, 07:50 PM

Here's proof, I almost puked when I saw this trailer. It looks like they're attempting to "dark knight" spiderman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-24-2011, 07:58 PM
As a comic enthusiast I can tell you, many comic books of this era were propaganda pieces meant to brainwash children, funded by the CIA. Captain America stands as the most glaring example. His enemies in comics were often racist caricatures of Japanese, Chinese, Russian, German, and other peoples our government had a conflict with. It's pretty widely accepted the plots and story lines, not to mention characters, of Captain america were in their original form CIA plants.

It was simply an anti-communist character at first, and then expanded. He isn't a pro-liberty character. You might want to go buy some of the first ten or 20 years of the story line.

He's a pro-war character, trying to drum up support for war in Europe. Hardly peace loving defender, or pro-liberty, eh?

Just a uniform, that any hero can wear...hmm, brainwashing kids into the warrior fantasy...

Think back to your days watching "G.I. Joe"...do you realize now the CIA was planting BS in your head as a child? Let us review the shows opening theme song:

Sure, it's subtle...but when Cobra Commander teamed up with a new Cobra leader, a genetic mix of the greatest tyrants in history, the Cobra war-cry become "Cobra-la-la-la-la-la-la!".

Who yells, "La-la-la-la-la-la!", except crazy arabs in the Middle East? Exactly, no one does.

These cartoons are part of a half a century or so long psy-ops on American children. A clandestine operation to brainwash children.

Next time you watch a pro sport, a kid's game essentially, notice all the military advertisements...it's everywhere your child looks.

The newest Navy commercials on ESPN say "The Navy, A Global Force for Good", and say it should be there "until natural disasters don't strike"...which we all know is never going to happen, nor does it have anything to do with policing the world, and it also doesn't explain why it's our responsibility to play Santa Claus to the world. But there it is, on a sports channel, where children are sure to see it.

Pay attention to your children's cartoons, I bet there is at least one trying to lure them into this nationalist zombie mentality, and put them in harm's way for the governments betterment.

Captain America is a warmonger, always was...a character they break out to drum up support for an upcoming war, or to promote ongoing wars. He's a zombie nationalist, not a patriot. He's not a hero at all, he's a villain dressed up by the government as a hero.

There is definitely more to many cartoons than one would imagine.

fisharmor
07-24-2011, 07:59 PM

No.
They aren't done until I get either Lobo or Marshall Law and it has to be done correctly - none of this "Lobo has a teenage girl sidekick" shit I've heard about. Those titles have to go marching toward NC-17 from the onset and not look backward for a second.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Here's proof, I almost puked when I saw this trailer. It looks like they're attempting to "dark knight" spiderman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4

gehy.

can't believe they are remaking a very recently successful franchise. I never saw the third one, but the first two were great. Dafoe as the Green Goblin was perfect. Is this what we are to expect every new decade? Remakes of the same movies over and over again?

Cutlerzzz
07-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Nooooo!!!

Not yet!! They haven't made "Superman vs. Batman" yet!

:D

Okay, okay, I'll admit I'm a nerd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uklSyanOQfY

It's been settled.

Cleaner44
07-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I am waiting for this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW8spd55t8I

brushfire
07-24-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkDPM5j_6hk

Slutter McGee
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
gehy.

can't believe they are remaking a very recently successful franchise. I never saw the third one, but the first two were great. Dafoe as the Green Goblin was perfect. Is this what we are to expect every new decade? Remakes of the same movies over and over again?

Third one was horrible.

Slutter McGee

libertybrewcity
07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
haven't seen it yet, when did it come out?

headhawg7
07-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Besides maybe the graphics, it sounds like a typical Hollywood movie.

Yep....I have netflix and enjoy watching movies. The best movies I have seen by and large over the last few years have been foreign movies. You have to be able to watch subtitles but that's ok with me to actually get to watch a movie that has a good story line that is not predictable and is written and directed well.

Athan
07-24-2011, 11:03 PM
It was a good movie. If your looking for more liberty message, Optimus Prime does a better job, yes; but your ruining the movie for yourself.

Noob
07-25-2011, 06:19 AM
The movie was base on the Captain America comics books that came out during World War 2.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-25-2011, 06:09 PM

wgadget
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Well, Michael "Neocon" Medved like it.

I should've known.

jmdrake
07-25-2011, 06:26 PM
For those wanting an ivory tower view on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EmoryUniversity?v=qqISnrLja6c

bwlibertyman
07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I thought the movie was decent. It actually had a very liberty message. Captain America (the individual) went to defeat Red Skeleton who was trying to take over and collectivize the world. He didn't go fight in WWII. He didn't kill any nazis. It was all about defeating red skeleton.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Yo Joe!
He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble.
GI Joe is there.

It's GI Joe against Cobra the enemy
Fighting to save the day.
He never gives up.
He's always there,
Fighting for freedom over land and air

GI Joe is there

GI Joe is the codename for American's daring, highly trained
special mission force.
It's purpose, to defend human freedom against Cobra-
a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

He never gives up.
He'll stay til the fight's won.
GI Joe will dare.

GI Joe

The spoken word segment of the G.I. Joe theme song is classic brainwashing / programming style.

The verses themselves are very telling.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Captain America: Most Anti-Liberty Movie of the Year?

So what can we discern from a comparison of the box office numbers for Captain America and Atlas Shrugged?

Carehn
07-25-2011, 07:12 PM
What is wrong with people now days. Are we all 13 years old? What kind of grown man goes to see movies at all? Of coarse the movie was stupid. Every god damn movie made is stupid. How long is it going to take all you 13 year olds to learn.

I don't even know how to express the embarrassment i feel when adults talk about transformers or the latest supper hero movie like they are in middle school. Just sad!

Carehn
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
The movie is called Captain America!!! You should know its going to be fucking retarded right off the bat!

BlackTerrel
07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
It's more than that. It always is.

So how do you feel about movies like the Bourne movies or Eagle Eye or a host of other movies where the CIA are the bad guys? There are far more movies where our government is portrayed as evil/corrupt than vice versa.

farrar
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM
So what can we discern from a comparison of the box office numbers for Captain America and Atlas Shrugged?

This:

Captian America -
Budget:

$140,000,000 (estimated)

Atlas Shrugged -

Budget:

$15,000,000 (estimated)

RonPaulFanInGA
07-25-2011, 11:20 PM
This:

Captian America -
Budget:

$140,000,000 (estimated)

Atlas Shrugged -

Budget:

$15,000,000 (estimated)

So the Atlas Shrugged budget was over 1/10th that of Captain America's budget. Did Atlas Shrugged make 1/10th of what Captain America has, even when compared to the latter's opening weekend alone?

KingRobbStark
07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
You guys have to understand that the original comics were propaganda to start with, and I believe that we can use CA to further our own message of liberty. We'll use their tools against them. Now that I've said all that, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Cutlerzzz
07-25-2011, 11:47 PM
What is wrong with people now days. Are we all 13 years old? What kind of grown man goes to see movies at all? Of coarse the movie was stupid. Every god damn movie made is stupid. How long is it going to take all you 13 year olds to learn.

I don't even know how to express the embarrassment i feel when adults talk about transformers or the latest supper hero movie like they are in middle school. Just sad!

People want to go and voluntarily view works of fiction made to entertain them? How could anyone find entertainment to be entertaining? They all must be such immature children for liking movies. Ron Paul included of course.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/ALO-090880.jpg

RonPaulwillWin
07-26-2011, 12:33 AM
This is way beyond me....can we get a star trek thread going?

Captain America
07-26-2011, 12:42 AM
I have not seen the movie but I don't believe we should of been evolved with world war 1.

MaxPower
07-26-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't think the movie was especially pro-war; this is, afterall, in the context of post-Pearl-Harbor-attack World War II, which was surely the most justifiable war the United States entered in the 20th century. There was nothing in there to justify preemptive war or unilateral presidential warmaking power- in fact, I saw little to no commentary on current political issues in the film. Note that the Nazis, Italians and Japanese were very real aggressors with very legitimate military clout, not loose associations of third-world guerrillas, that the US actually did enter the war with a congressional declaration, and that this was against a country which had first attacked it. Now, the movie itself does not go into depth about these sorts of issues, but my point is that I don't think you could even come close to deriving approval for something like what's being done now in Iraq or Libya from this- and in being simplistically positive about the war it directly covers, the movie is merely faithfully relaying the theme of the comics and the perspective of its protagonist.