PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to go "Perot"

fedup100
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes, our people have been watered down, dumbed down and know nothing of the Constitution. Civic's, most of them aren't even taught how to read, on purpose. An educated populace is a danger to the fascist state.

I digress though.

Ross Perot had several one hour spots on national T. V. complete with pointers and charts and that famous quote "that giant sucking sound will be your jobs leaving the country"

Ron Paul could put together a few 1 hour infomercials that would really highlight who he is, what he will do and what the outcome would be. The spots today on channels such as Oxygen, or A&E for example are not expensive and can be put in between the infomercials for knives and how to make a fortune in Real estate.

let them play on for months, and let the whole country that are addicted to the tube feel the love.

It worked for Ross Perot, and if they had not threatened to kill his children, he would have won.

The internet is great, and it will be the downfall of the controlled MSM, but for this race at this time, Dr. Paul has to straddle the line so to speak because of his MSM censor.

He still must reach the masses that are sitting home watching T.V., that do not even own a computer.....and that is most folks over 50.

I hope he does this and ends it with "Stop Dreaming" it would be a show stopper folks.

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
how about "somewhat Perot" haha.

I do think that would be a great idea, IF he has the money, AND the timing is right.

But as I recall, after Perot bought a few of those info spots, and his numbers started to rise, the networks refused to sell him any more. I remember him being quite angry about that. There is a chance that they would just refuse to sell Paul big chunks of national airtime like that.

"measure twice, cut once"......let's get under the hood and fix it"

oh yea, I remember Perot, I'm OK with Paul going "somewhat Perot" just not full fledged Perot!

mdh
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Do people really watch infomercials who vote? My guess is that the people who watch infomercials are not a good demographic for voters, but I could be wrong.

Quantumystic
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Great sentiment, bad idea.

Here's WHY:

HUGE drain on campaign finances that can be better accomplished with little expense.

Specifically... IF Dr. Paul wants to do something along these lines, rather than rely upon the great YouTube vids out there that already communicate his positions in his own words, great. But...

Upload a digital version to his website. Let US download it, burn it to discs, and hit the bricks.

How many have have laptop/notbooks? A TON. Pick a public place. Get a permit. Set up for the day w/ free snacks or whatever. Have the laptops running RP vids. Start up actual conversations w/ people.

"Hi. Try some of this free sampler food, it's delicious... So things are getting crazy lately, huh? Yeah... seeing the troops stuck in that lousy situation is really depressing. And then you hear about that mess at Walter Reed, and how they're not even being taken care of after all they've done... it's criminal. Somebody should DO something, ya know?"

"Have you heard about that Texas Congressman, Ron Paul?"

"No? Really? Wow. He's big thing is cuttting taxes to fix all this."

...and then, when they start asking questions... you're IN.

Dr. Paul needs ALL the money he can get to be kept for what we CAN'T do. We CAN do THIS.

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Do people really watch infomercials who vote? My guess is that the people who watch infomercials are not a good demographic for voters, but I could be wrong.

Perot's infomercials were nation wide, over the air, in prime time just weeks before the election, people did watch them, and it was helping, but they couldn't completely undo the "whacky" label the MSM had put on him, and his personality did play into that label some. Ultimately, the MSM cut him off, and wouldn't sell him any more time.

Paul's personality does not come off as whacky at all, and they would have a hard time painting him as such, especially the more people hear him speak. I doubt they would ever sell him the time. Paul's infomercials would probably be much more effective than Perot's.

fedup100
06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
The point is it will reach a vast group of people you will never reach on the internet.

The answer to your question is, if they can fog a mirror, they vote.

I used the term infomercial just as an example......it will just be a neat 1 hour of spots that will rotate on different days and times in order to snag as many mirror foggers as possible.

We can have different groups or associations buy the time for Dr. Paul....and example would be the league of women voters (GAG) or how about the league of internet voters, or ............................

How about we have Dr. Paul do the spots with that guy that dresses as Bejamine Franklin and does the PBS shows....screamin idea. What ever he does, it must be entertaining.....something that will cause a buzz. He and Ben would cause a buzz.....and in the end, Benjamin Franklin could endorse Ron Paul!!

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think it is a bad idea at all, just not now. Perot did it because the media was no longer reporting his positions fairly, or not reporting him at all, same thing is happening to Paul.

A nationwide, over the air, 30 minute infomercial is very expensive, but it would be vastly more effective than anything on YouTube, you would reach many.many times more people.

Paul doesn't have near that kind of money right now. But if he does later on, and the MSM is still blackballing him, and it's 1 or 2 weeks before Super Tuesday, then it might not be a bad idea at all, IF, and big if here, the MSM would sell him the time.

Quantumystic
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you really think after 2 generations of a Bush as Pres that most Americans under 35 even know WHO Franklin was?

NOT.

Great sentiment, BAD idea. Waste of campaign resources, when volunteers can do the "meet'n'greet" heavy lifting.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2007, 04:47 PM
What I'd like to see are a handful of short videos, 1 per issue, that we could burn to CDs and take to the streets, handing out, along with other literature, door-to-door.

We simply need more ammo to pass out other than his 2 sentence per position handout. A lot of people don't know him and need more than this.

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Great sentiment, bad idea.

Here's WHY:

HUGE drain on campaign finances that can be better accomplished with little expense.

Specifically... IF Dr. Paul wants to do something along these lines, rather than rely upon the great YouTube vids out there that already communicate his positions in his own words, great. But...

Upload a digital version to his website. Let US download it, burn it to discs, and hit the bricks.

How many have have laptop/notbooks? A TON. Pick a public place. Get a permit. Set up for the day w/ free snacks or whatever. Have the laptops running RP vids. Start up actual conversations w/ people.

"Hi. Try some of this free sampler food, it's delicious... So things are getting crazy lately, huh? Yeah... seeing the troops stuck in that lousy situation is really depressing. And then you hear about that mess at Walter Reed, and how they're not even being taken care of after all they've done... it's criminal. Somebody should DO something, ya know?"

"Have you heard about that Texas Congressman, Ron Paul?"

"No? Really? Wow. He's big thing is cuttting taxes to fix all this."

...and then, when they start asking questions... you're IN.

Dr. Paul needs ALL the money he can get to be kept for what we CAN'T do. We CAN do THIS.

We can't do this now, no way. But we can use your YouTube idea over the next 6 months, to raise the money where he could do an infomercial, or similar idea.

For every person that watches YouTube videos, there are 1,000 who have an anntenna and a TV. Plus, watching a YouTube video is something you choose to go do. People would be seeing RP's infomercial just because they forgot to change the channel after watching their nightly news.

Ron Paul IS Ross Perot, with a lot more common sense and a lot less money, but they are similar in how they threatened the PTB, and how they are/were treated by the MSM. It would be a very good study to analyize the two.

Many say that when the contributions start pouring in for Paul, the MSM will treat him different, I do not believe this at all, look at Perot. Perot had all the money he needed, and eventually he had to buy air time to get his message out, and as I already mentioned, the MSM eventually stopped him from doing even that.

If Paul has a lot of money to spend before the primaries really kick in, and the MSM is still giving him the "Perot" treatment, (and I think both are likely) then he should explore buying over the air, nationwide TV time, and when/if the MSM refuses that,
he should consider what it would cost to mail a DVD to every household in America
or something along those lines, I guess they would have a hard time stopping him from doing that.

Regardless of how much money Paul has, I don't think the MSM or TPTB will ever treat him fairly.

Studying what happened to Perot would not be a bad idea at all for us in getting ready to kick the RP campaign into full gear.

Liberty
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Too bad enough of the electorate didn't listen to Perot's message regarding lobbyist control of our politicians. That control is ruining our country economically
and got us in that hellhole war. I believe Ron Paul is the only candidate looking to change this arrangement.

Quantumystic
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
We can't do this now, no way. But we can use your YouTube idea over the next 6 months, to raise the money where he could do an infomercial, or similar idea.

For every person that watches YouTube videos, there are 1,000 who have an anntenna and a TV. Plus, watching a YouTube video is something you choose to go do. People would be seeing RP's infomercial just because they forgot to change the channel after watching their nightly news.

Ron Paul IS Ross Perot, with a lot more common sense and a lot less money, but they are similar in how they threatened the PTB, and how they are/were treated by the MSM. It would be a very good study to analyize the two.

Many say that when the contributions start pouring in for Paul, the MSM will treat him different, I do not believe this at all, look at Perot. Perot had all the money he needed, and eventually he had to buy air time to get his message out, and as I already mentioned, the MSM eventually stopped him from doing even that.

If Paul has a lot of money to spend before the primaries really kick in, and the MSM is still giving him the "Perot" treatment, (and I think both are likely) then he should explore buying over the air, nationwide TV time, and when/if the MSM refuses that,
he should consider what it would cost to mail a DVD to every household in America
or something along those lines, I guess they would have a hard time stopping him from doing that.

Regardless of how much money Paul has, I don't think the MSM or TPTB will ever treat him fairly.

Studying what happened to Perot would not be a bad idea at all for us in getting ready to kick the RP campaign into full gear.

Maybe YOU can't. But *I* sure as Hell CAN.
And I've got a small force down here in Central Florida that is utterly committed to seeing Dr. Paul as the Next President of the U.S.

This "HE needs to spend more money on TV"... is lame.

This man is already risking his life, and the lives of his family by standing up to these NeoFascists.

WE need to start making some real sacrifices.

This ain't a bandwagon. It's a Revolution. And it's hard and dangerous.

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe YOU can't. But *I* sure as Hell CAN.
And I've got a small force down here in Central Florida that is utterly committed to seeing Dr. Paul as the Next President of the U.S.

This "HE needs to spend more money on TV"... is lame.

This man is already risking his life, and the lives of his family by standing up to these NeoFascists.

WE need to start making some real sacrifices.

This ain't a bandwagon. It's a Revolution. And it's hard and dangerous.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying we can't spend the big bucks for a nationwide infomercial right now, but we can use the grass roots, YouTube idea now to raise the money he would need for big spots later, like right before Super Tuesday.

I think the over the air, nationwide infomercial, would be a great idea on the conditions we help him raise a lot of money in the next 6 months, and if the MSM is still ignoring or distorting his message, AND the MSM would actually sell him the time. All of that is a long ways off, we have to do what we can do for now.

IrrigatedPancake
06-12-2007, 05:47 PM
making your own compilations of RP's speeches and explanations of how he sees issues and giving out CD's and or DVD's of that to people can be helpful too.

Quantumystic
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
"Wecandoit":

Sorry. I did misunderstand your point.

But I'm a "streetfighter". A "Get-out-there-and-get your-hands-dirty" kinda guy.

Don't know if you ever spent any time in Philly or NY, but those people KNOW "grassroots". Even if it's in concrete.

We ned to be like gangsters.

wecandoit
06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
"Wecandoit":

Sorry. I did misunderstand your point.

But I'm a "streetfighter". A "Get-out-there-and-get your-hands-dirty" kinda guy.

Don't know if you ever spent any time in Philly or NY, but those people KNOW "grassroots". Even if it's in concrete.

We ned to be like gangsters.

well that's good to hear, because this will be a knock down, drag out bloody fistfight to get this thing done, and that's coming from a backwoods redneck :)

Quantumystic
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
well that's good to hear, because this will be a knock down, drag out bloody fistfight to get this thing done, and that's coming from a backwoods redneck :)

I've been back in Florida for 20 yrs.

Nothing wrong with a few "rednecks" that got their priorities right! :D

coboman
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Someone must take this idea seriously and run with it.

1) Ron Paul's ideas take time to explain and digest, 60 second TV spots are not useful here.
2) Infomercials can be seen by anyone with a TV.
3) It can include testimonials of people like you, with a great story to tell.
4) It can reach the people that currently know only about the candidates through MSM.
5) An infomercial can ask for contributions on the spot, making it easy to measure its effectiveness, and also help to make it pay for itself.
6) People can donate via telephone (which would reach a larger amount of people than the internet)

JMann
11-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Perot bought multiple channels during prime time. At a cost of over 5 million dollars 15 years ago. The bars and graphs were not very interesting to anyone but CNN and they talked about it endlessly. I doubt Paul would get the same positive free coverage. Maybe if he runs as an Independent but this isn't a thing to do in the primary. Paul needs to work on Iowa, NH, SC and Nevada.