PDA

View Full Version : Could Ron and/or Rand use this method to effectivly bring congress to a halt?

Standing Like A Rock
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
The idea is to introduce thousands upon thousands of bills into congress. Basically spam the hell out of congress. Every bill has to at least be looked at. Even if they go nowhere, it could really slow things down tremendously.

Is this possible?

Sam I am
07-24-2011, 11:57 AM
no

Dustancostine
07-24-2011, 11:59 AM
So basically you want Ron and Rand to attempt a denial-of-service attack against Congress.

TheNcredibleEgg
07-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't think it'd work.

But if they did it - the only tenable option would be to introduce thousands and thousands of bills that would repeal bad laws.

Then they might get some grassroot support.

Unelected
07-24-2011, 12:24 PM
So basically you want Ron and Rand to attempt a denial-of-service attack against Congress.

Let's get a few more libertarians in Congress and turn it into a DDoS.

Captain America
07-24-2011, 12:37 PM
!!!

Standing Like A Rock
07-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Basically, yes. And like TheNcredibleEgg said, they could all be legitimate bills that would repeal bad laws.

Feeding the Abscess
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Cause too much trouble like that and they'd kick them out. If two-thirds of the Congress wanted them gone, they'd be gone.

dejavu22
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
You know what... i am not against this as a post election project for this board. We could collectively yet individually go through different laws that have been passed and submit a ton of one page bills repealing parts of past laws that are overstepping or unconstitutional. I mean hell we could probably even come up with a template for the wording in the bills to streamline them and make them more likely to pass. I don't think this is necessarily a DDOS attack as it was originally presented but i think it could be an example of the kind of reasonable and readable bills that we expect our representatives to pass rather than 3000 page behemoths that are passed without debate or read in their entirety.

I look at this as another lesson in politics that Ron/Rand could teach the sheepish reps. Also if it were effective it would make it less possible for people to call Rand ineffective (as many have pegged Ron's record) should he chose to run at a later date.

07-25-2011, 05:07 PM
No. Committees deal with bills first,even in the Senate.