PDA

View Full Version : imho Ron should make a conviction style ad about civil liberties, the TSA etc

sailingaway
07-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I want it to be the patriot act but even tsa as an example of more is ok.

No one is addressing this, and Bachmann voted for the Patriot Act.

Sola_Fide
07-24-2011, 09:49 AM
You are 10000000% right about this SA. This is Ron's issue and he needs to run with it.

trey4sports
07-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I want it to be the patriot act but even tsa as an example of more is ok.

No one is addressing this, and Bachmann voted for the Patriot Act.

while it may feel good, the GOP primary is not the best place for civil liberties being brought up.

jbuttell
07-24-2011, 10:09 AM
it's all in the presentation and language. it could be very effective.

sailingaway
07-24-2011, 10:10 AM
while it may feel good, the GOP primary is not the best place for civil liberties being brought up.

I disagree. I really really do. I at least suggest the campaign include it in their GOP polling questions to figure this out. I have been GOP forever, I was just apathetic. I assure you there is an audience for this.

Sola_Fide
07-24-2011, 10:17 AM

This may be just the sense I get from conservatives in Kentucky, but they are VERY much against the TSA. I don't know if it is from Rand's influence or it its nationwide, but here in KY, we are very much against it.

sailingaway
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Texas just voted in a law to ban TSA, and it took Perry-games to kill it. Since when is Texas a liberal state?

JamesButabi
07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Ron's most effective ad would address the fact that hes the only person with a plan to fix entitlements. 30 seconds......all about seniors....and how Ron Paul is going to help them receive what they paid into their whole life. Ron Paul will fight for seniors and thinks we need to take care of Americans first. You want to see a poll bump? This would do it.

Secondly what do you see on the bottom of every yahoo / news article? People talking about cutting congressional pay. Ron Paul has NEVER voted for a congressional pay raise and doesn't accept the lucrative congressional pension. People need to know this.

asurfaholic
07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree 100% with the OP - its not just an important issue, its an important issue that sets him apart from ALL the other candidates, and needs to be capitalized on.

sailingaway
07-24-2011, 10:26 AM
A tag line at the end....

"Ron Paul, he's on your side..."

trey4sports
07-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Ron's most effective ad would address the fact that hes the only person with a plan to fix entitlements. 30 seconds......all about seniors....and how Ron Paul is going to help them receive what they paid into their whole life. Ron Paul will fight for seniors and thinks we need to take care of Americans first. You want to see a poll bump? This would do it.

Secondly what do you see on the bottom of every yahoo / news article? People talking about cutting congressional pay. Ron Paul has NEVER voted for a congressional pay raise and doesn't accept the lucrative congressional pension. People need to know this.

agreed.

trey4sports
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I disagree. I really really do. I at least suggest the campaign include it in their GOP polling questions to figure this out. I have been GOP forever, I was just apathetic. I assure you there is an audience for this.

yeah, i imagine conservatives don't really care for the TSA but my point was that is not going to win you a primary. When you only have enough money for a few different ads im not sure that producing an ad about the TSA and civil liberties will have as big of an impact as we'd like.

sailingaway
07-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I disagree, I think it is galvanizing. They can poll it and find out. It is a symbol of government overreach, that ring loudly.

I don't disagree an ad on his transition plan using the points he mentioned in the PBS interview on social security and medicare being otherwise funded and allow kids to opt out is a necessary ad. I'm not sure 'fighting for seniors' is the way to put it. I'd say 'fighting for the people against the Washington Machine' or 'against status quo politics' or whatever. Dividing people by generation isn't helpful. And his plan just as much helps younger people, who get to opt out.