PDA

View Full Version : Rules outlined for the Iowa Republican debate on Aug. 11

sailingaway
07-23-2011, 08:09 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/07/23/rules-finalized-for-the-iowa-republican-debate-on-aug-11/

MelissaWV
07-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I was hoping for something more ThunderDome-esque.

pacelli
07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Two men enter, one man leaves.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
No hitting, spitting, biting, pulling of hair, fighting etc...

Oh... sorry, that's right. "There is no fighting in the war room"

LOL

devil21
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Gary Johnson isn't on the Ames straw poll ballot?

malkusm
07-24-2011, 01:54 PM
He is.

Valli6
07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Tickets are not for sale but will be given to supporters and those who sponsor a pre-debate reception, a party spokesman said.
Just what does that mean? Which supporters? Who's sponsoring the pre-debate reception?

devil21
07-24-2011, 02:07 PM
He is.

You sure? A thread in the Ames forum also claims GJ isn't on the ballot.

realtonygoodwin
07-24-2011, 02:20 PM
He is not on the ballot.

civusamericanus
07-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I wish they would stick to the immediate current issues, namely the economy and how each of the candidates would deal with those issues. Perhaps, make this a real debate and have the candidates debate each other on their points of view!!!

But I'm sure it's going a little like this, "Mitt Romney as successful businessman and governor, what would you do as president to grow the economy". Same question for Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Thaddeus McCotter, Tim Pawlenty, and Rick Santorum" ......... "So Congressman Paul, you didn't vote for the current "Cut, Cap, and Balance Proposal" like nearly all of your Republican Colleagues in congress agreed to (even though Bachmann didn't sign it either), are you on the same team or do you even care about America?, or are you more comfortable playing ball with Barney Frank, by trying to legalize Marijuana and poison the children"

Napoleon's Shadow
07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Have you ever seen the film Idiocracy?

musicmax
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Have you ever seen the film Idiocracy?

Seen it? We're living it!

KEEF
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I wish they would stick to the immediate current issues, namely the economy and how each of the candidates would deal with those issues. Perhaps, make this a real debate and have the candidates debate each other on their points of view!!!

But I'm sure it's going a little like this, "Mitt Romney as successful businessman and governor, what would you do as president to grow the economy". Same question for Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Thaddeus McCotter, Tim Pawlenty, and Rick Santorum" ......... "So Congressman Paul, you didn't vote for the current "Cut, Cap, and Balance Proposal" like nearly all of your Republican Colleagues in congress agreed to (even though Bachmann didn't sign it either), are you on the same team or do you even care about America?, or are you more comfortable playing ball with Barney Frank, by trying to legalize Marijuana and poison the children"

Dr. Paul's response "I follow what the constitution says!"...and the crowd goes wild! Then Faux news will say that Ron Paul just bused in all of the same obnoxious supporters from the last debate and then declare either MB or Caine as the hands-down victor of the debate...and Oh yeah Mittens had an excellent showing and still shows why he is the front running candidate.;)

KEEF
08-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Yeah I would totally be down with Tina Turner running the debate with her big hoop ear rings and Master Blaster thumping all of the Neo Cons with their chumpy canned answers.

HarryBrowneLives
08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
The rules are:

1. Limit the time of one candidate who shall remain nameless.

2. Ask this candidate only questions that have no basis in current events or possibly even reality (especially avoiding all questions on jobs and the economy).

3. Get Frank Luntz to gather a bunch of highly screened, catatonic, people from some other state (or possibly another planet) (who apparently have never formed an opinion on anything in their lives), get them to agree on somebody the Establishment Crowd could stomach, and proclaim them instantly King or Queen for the Joe Sixpacks watching Faux News on the couch with their beers.

harikaried
08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Have Huntsman and McCotter been in polls recently to get the 1%?

KingRobbStark
08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Rules? lol

MJU1983
08-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Rules? lol

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.