PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul is up against.

Anti Federalist
07-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Sizing Up the Republican Field: Fascists, Clowns, and Creeps

by Anthony Gregory

http://lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory227.html

This is not an exhaustive list of everyone who is running for the GOP nomination, or everyone who might. It is a sample of potential candidates comprehensive enough to demonstrate the utter futility of relying on the so-called Republican frontrunners or their carbon copies to pose any sort of principled opposition to Obama. This article is also not thorough on all the problems with each of these men and women, but rather just gives a taste.

I do not include Ron Paul here, and it almost pains me to mention his name in the same article. I also am not including Gary Johnson, a candidate whose positions on some important issues are not as libertarian as Ron’s but who is nevertheless far better than anyone explored below. Johnson has been marginalized out of the debates, and I feel bad for that. They would do the same to Ron if they could get away with it.

I think there is at least a strong possibility one of the forthcoming names will be at the top of the ticket in 2012, and if that is the case, there will probably be no reason a fan of liberty should care much about who wins.

(rest at link)

TCE
07-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Liked the article. Really lays out the specific reasons to dislike each candidate as opposed to simply saying I like Dr. Paul the best.