PDA

View Full Version : VFW Responds to Non-Endorsement Policy

rs3515
11-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Disappointing. Unfortunate this had to be the result when so many of us were calling for this to be removed well before the VFW made contact.

http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=4343

--------------------------

VFW Reiterates Non-Endorsement Policy of Political Candidates

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 31, 2007--The Military and Veterans for Ron Paul 2008 website contains a banner headline and link that is clearly designed to mislead visitors into believing that Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has received a national VFW endorsement for president. That is not correct, and we have requested that the headline and link be deleted.

The VFW is non-partisan and does not endorse political candidates because it would violate our congressional charter. However, for sake of clarification, the VFW Political Action Committee is a separately incorporated organization that does selectively endorse candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate who advocate for our nation’s veterans and for America’s security.

The PAC did endorse Congressman Paul in his recent 2006 congressional campaign, but that must not be misconstrued as an endorsement for a higher office. To be fair, the VFW PAC has endorsed a total of seven of the current presidential candidates in their election bids for the House or Senate.

The PAC consists of an 11-member Board of Directors that sets the endorsement criteria. They have not endorsed any candidate in this campaign and will not endorse any candidate for the office of the president of the United States.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 04:21 AM
We need a rule in these forums that calls for banning anyone who uses the word "endorsement" for something less than an endorsement. Too many people are way too casual about this. We can't have people who don't understand the basics of the English language or who lie in order to get attention. This kind of deceptive and stupid behavior could cost us this election and change all our lives forever. It's simply unacceptable and I hope our moderators see why we need zero tolerance on this issue.

literatim
11-01-2007, 04:24 AM
So some random Ron Paul supporter website requires a press release? Are these people nuts? All the website does is give information of the previous 2006 congressional endorsement.

Trassin
11-01-2007, 04:26 AM
So some random Ron Paul supporter website requires a press release? Are these people nuts? All the website does is give information of the previous 2006 congressional endorsement.

Na, just retired with nothing better to do.

rs3515
11-01-2007, 04:48 AM
All the website does is give information of the previous 2006 congressional endorsement.

The site's owner worked out an agreement with the VFW to edit the posting since the title and text were misleading. Prior to yesterday it had no mention of being about previous Congressional races.

rs3515
11-01-2007, 04:50 AM
It's simply unacceptable and I hope our moderators see why we need zero tolerance on this issue.

Agreed, although this was also actively posted on both DailyPaul.com and in the Meetup group message boards. It spread like wildfire.

freedominnumbers
11-01-2007, 06:14 AM
It's still gold.

I've been trying to track down when exactly the VFW PAC has endorsed Paul and so far I've found 2004 and 2006.

constituent
11-01-2007, 07:17 AM
The PAC consists of an 11-member Board of Directors that sets the endorsement criteria. They have not endorsed any candidate in this campaign and will not endorse any candidate for the office of the president of the United States.

yea, 11 members who need to get a job or spend more time w/ the grandkids (assuming their kids actually bring them over to visit). the vfw is a totally fascist organization and the roots of their origination really say it all.... don't take my word for it, look into it yourself.

both my grandpas were vets of foreign wars and neither was a member of the VFW.

constituent
11-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Agreed, although this was also actively posted on both DailyPaul.com and in the Meetup group message boards. It spread like wildfire.

one more reason to stick with The Ron Paul Nation (http://www.ronpaulnation.com) and Free Me TV (http://freeme.tv).

steph3n
11-01-2007, 07:20 AM
yea, 11 members who need to get a job or spend more time w/ the grandkids (assuming their kids actually bring them over to visit). the vfw is a totally fascist organization and the roots of their origination really say it all.... don't take my word for it, look into it yourself.

they'll be history soon enough, time is on our side (that's low, I know... but i have no respect for murderers, fascists or fascist murder apologists either)

both my grandpas were vets of foreign wars and neither was a member of the VFW.
tone down the rhetoric and think how your post can be used in other contexts.

constituent
11-01-2007, 07:25 AM
mind your own business steve3PO. you've been barking orders since you got here.

mind your own business.

constituent
11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
what's funny was i thought about cleaning it up just to be nice... but now that you've quoted it... what good will that do? that's what PMs are for.

since you're so concerned about forum protocol and appearance.

gimme a break.