PDA

View Full Version : Is Having A Moneybomb Once A Month Too Often?

reduen
07-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I say No. Consider this:

Is asking someone to save up $10 a month and participate in a money bomb too much to ask? Where I am at, even in these hard times most people can save up $10 in a month’s time but even those who can't swing $10 a month for this can help to promote these bombs to other people who can.

Ron Paul has over 420,000 followers on facebook and if every one of them were to donate just $10 a month, that is over 4 Million dollars each month. To me, a person does not even have to donate to every bomb if they don't want to or can't but there is really no excuse not to promote each and every one of them...

RonPaul101.com
07-23-2011, 12:58 PM
But the sad fact is that the last moneybomb consisted of about 7,000 donors so if we did $10 each that would be ~$70,000, which could be embarrassing. If there is an event in August I will give to it, but it will have to be far less money than I could otherwise by waiting another month.

johndeal
07-23-2011, 01:10 PM
What would be great is if they could allow people to set up multiple donations at once. Like a bi-weekly $10 donation every time the paycheck comes in.

My Dad gives 250 every moneybomb or end of quarter push and I'm sure there are others so I don't think monthly bombs are a terrible idea, but I think repeating payments might be a better idea (particularly because they can be set up as to minimize fees).

Napoleon's Shadow
07-23-2011, 01:14 PM
The next one needs to be at the end of the quarter

Nate-ForLiberty
07-23-2011, 01:19 PM
There needs to be a constant stream of money going to the campaign. Monthly moneybombs PREVENT that from happening. At most we should have quarterly moneybombs.

realtonygoodwin
07-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Quarterly at most.

RileyE104
07-23-2011, 01:23 PM
The next one needs to be at the end of the quarter

I made a post about this recently but no one seemed to care:

If we do an Aug. 20 moneybomb then it should be in celebration of not only Ron's bday but also the newly formed Super PAC - that way people who are already maxed out will be inclined to donate to RevolutionPAC and thus we'll basically be having two moneybombs in the same day, which I think would be cool.

Then we should follow up in September on the 17th in commemoration of Constitution Day.

After that, instead of having a "end of quarter push" - we should try a "beginning of quarter push" that goes from October 1st to the 15th. Which I find to be very suitable for the campaign seeing as how on October 15th, 1969 over 2,000,000 people demonstrated nationally in favor of ending the Vietnam War. We could honor that spirit and at the same time protest the wars we're currently involved in.

libertybrewcity
07-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Monthly moneybombs need to happen with a break here or there. I think the next one should be at the quarter. A campaign that wants to win needs tens of millions of dollars. We do have lots of volunteers, but probably not enough to cover every voter in every county in every state. The campaign should be focused on the first few states, but if we want to be competitive we need Super Tuesday wins across the board. If we want that to happen the campaign would need a few million dollars to make national ad buys.

On top of that they would need to pay staffers in those specific states, set up campaign offices in some larger ones, phonebanking, microtargetting, paying some knockers, radio ads, and direct mail. Not to mention money to travel to all these states multiple times.

These are the things that the campaign needs money for. The grassroots can't do it all. We hauled in 4.5 million or so, but that is not enough to get us a win. 1 million per month, IF it is sustainable, is an excellent goal.

pacelli
07-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I say No. Consider this:

Is asking someone to save up $10 a month and participate in a money bomb too much to ask? Where I am at, even in these hard times most people can save up $10 in a month’s time but even those who can't swing $10 a month for this can help to promote these bombs to other people who can.

Ron Paul has over 420,000 followers on facebook and if every one of them were to donate just $10 a month, that is over 4 Million dollars each month. To me, a person does not even have to donate to every bomb if they don't want to or can't but there is really no excuse not to promote each and every one of them...

I'd like to propose that anyone who is currently maxed out to the RP2012 campaign instead donate to revolutionPAC on the date of each moneybomb.

Incidentally, over a year ago, I proposed the idea of 1 moneybomb to the campaign per quarter. For this reason as well as others. Now the grassroots is going to be playing the monthly moneybomb name game instead of attracting new donors.