PDA

View Full Version : Get Ron Paul on Glenn Beck

ForTheRepublic
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
What do you all think about trying to get Ron Paul on Glenn Beck's show? Supposedly he was invited but couldn't make it. My guess is that Paul wouldn't turn down the invitation if he really could make it. I think this would be a great place to open up the debate even more.

Thoughts?

FTR

Mani
06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
What do you all think about trying to get Ron Paul on Glenn Beck's show? Supposedly he was invited but couldn't make it. My guess is that Paul wouldn't turn down the invitation if he really could make it. I think this would be a great place to open up the debate even more.

Thoughts?

FTR

Glenn Beck is very critical of Ron Paul's non-intervention policy, he feels it's a mistake and he thinks the libertarian way of life is a great idea, but not practical. He doesn't consider Ron Paul a serious candidate.

GoRonPaul
06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
While I think getting Paul out to any mass media is good... Glenn Beck is one of those islamo-fascist obssessed wing-nuts who would do his best to discredit Paul's foreign policy stance...

Could be wrong about that though.

ForTheRepublic
06-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Glenn Beck is very critical of Ron Paul's non-intervention policy, he feels it's a mistake and he thinks the libertarian way of life is a great idea, but not practical. He doesn't consider Ron Paul a serious candidate.

So wouldn't that be a perfect place for him to debate his views.

ForTheRepublic
06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
While I think getting Paul out to any mass media is good... Glenn Beck is one of those islamo-fascist obssessed wing-nuts who would do his best to discredit Paul's foreign policy stance...

Could be wrong about that though.

I think Glen Beck is a reasonable guy. He even agreed with Ron Paul to some extent. Glen still has the blinders up and I think Ron Paul is the guy who can shine some light on the topic.

Mani
06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
So wouldn't that be a perfect place for him to debate his views.

I wouldn't want him set up like Hannity's attack on Ron Paul after the second debate. I can't even listen to Hannity after that, why would I want to hear Glenn do something similar?

I've heard Glenn put people on before just to mock them. I've heard Glenn laugh about Ron Paul call his supporters a few internet spammers.

Glenn was joking about Ron Paul as the crazy old naive guy, completely made a joke of him. How would Ron Paul get a fair debate when Glenn talks about him so rudely?

billv
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't want him set up like Hannity's attack on Ron Paul after the second debate. I can't even listen to Hannity after that,

Same here. I also realized that day that I would no longer feel even remotely comfortable in a room of Republicans at their Convention or something like that.

ForTheRepublic
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Same here. I also realized that day that I would no longer feel even remotely comfortable in a room of Republicans at their Convention or something like that.

It seems as though a large part of the republican party has really gone off the deep end.

Broadlighter
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I think Ron Paul's better interests are served if he gets shows that don't go for the knee-jerk, shock-jock, combative stuff. There's way too many of them out there. No sensible human being wants to listen to that.

His interview with Laura Knoy in New Hampshire was a sterling example of the kinds of interviews he needs for helping him get his message out. I would stay away from the Sean Hannitty, Glenn Beck, Pat Gray type shows. They serve no helpful purpose, except for their advertisers.

wwycher
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I know they suck and all, but we have to get invoved in our local GOP to become delegates and talk some sense into these people. It is the only way Ron Paul is going to get nominated.

G-khan
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Ron Paul can go on with anyone - it is not Ron Paul it is his message and he knows how to stay on message.... I don't think he can be hurt - the others person will end up looking bad.. Just my opinion

GoRonPaul
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
http://kineticreaction.blogspot.com/2007/06/glenn-beck-removed-ron-paul-from-online.html

ForTheRepublic
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I think Paul would do well with Glenn Beck. And i think it would be a huge victory for him. Check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqcReDCsYFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA3mAe2IdUM

barronbhl
08-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I know they suck and all, but we have to get invoved in our local GOP to become delegates and talk some sense into these people. It is the only way Ron Paul is going to get nominated.

i agree 100%

I think Glen Beck is a reasonable guy. He even agreed with Ron Paul to some extent. Glen still has the blinders up and I think Ron Paul is the guy who can shine some light on the topic.

Glen along with much of his audience.

*edited*

glts
08-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Glenn Beck is an actor and a Hannity want to be. Both are cut from the same cloth. Ron shouldn't go anywhere near Becks show. Beck is nothing but a pretender. Ever once in a while his mask slips and you can see that he's all wind and nothing substantial.

barronbhl
08-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Glenn Beck is an actor and a Hannity want to be. Both are cut from the same cloth. Ron shouldn't go anywhere near Becks show. Beck is nothing but a pretender. Ever once in a while his mask slips and you can see that he's all wind and nothing substantial.

Exactly why it would make positive publicity. His audience needs to be exposed to the freedom message. Besides, if GB attacks him it makes for great online material, and if he agrees it's a step deeper into mainstream media. Win/Win to me. Like wwycher said, the neocon audience has to be won over first.

J4ck
08-14-2007, 02:19 AM
I hate this guys, but it would be good for the campaign.

Man from La Mancha
08-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Wow ye of little faith in our hero. If Dr.Paul is given a chance to speak and not shouted out there is no talk show dragon he can't slay and should be every given opportunity to do so.

libertarian4321
08-14-2007, 04:08 AM
It seems as though a large part of the republican party has really gone off the deep end.

Yup, and the wing nuts are driving people away from the Republican Party.

The Republicans did as much to hurt themselves last fall as the Democrats did to beat them- when the right wing crazies try to drive out every "RINO"- which these days seems to mean anyone who doesn't agree with George Bush 100% of the time, they end up killing their own party.

Patriot
08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Glenn Beck (guest host Joe Pags?) mentions (barely) Ron Paul Iowa results on last nights show (8/13). Its not much but more than the other networks. Maybe we can get Ron on the show!