PDA

View Full Version : The Grassroots Press, Full Edition (Iowa) PDF Online

pfarley
07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Here is the full Iowa edition of The Grassroots Press.

http://www.thegrassrootspress.com/drafts/RPGRP_IA_Final.pdf

I think our team did a fabulous job, especially considering time constraints and other challenges!

We took a lot of input from Iowa grassroots organizers - and they seem happy with it! And yes, we listened on Ron Paul Forums, too! :-)

42,000 copies were ordered for Iowa today. We have the funds to print/ship more if those get circulated quickly. We'll follow soon with custom editions for South Carolina and New Hampshire - until the 100,000 circulation in these three early primary states are done. It was important to us to get the Iowa edition out as quickly as possible!

Thanks to everyone here who helped in this success!

LatinsforPaul
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
WOW! Truly impressed.

Is there anything in the works for other states NH, SC, NV?
Should we spread these through emails, twitter, and facebook?

pfarley
07-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi LfP,

Thanks!

Yes, please feel free to circulate electronically

Where possible, we appreciate it if folks will download it and send as attachment to email lists, etc.

We have SC and NH imminently in the works. We will be setting a schedule to cover NV too.

Thanks for your comment!

asurfaholic
07-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow! That is incredible! Unless it is not ok with the author, I am going to print up several packets of this and distribute them around at work. All the best stuff in one place!

pfarley
07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow! That is incredible! Unless it is not ok with the author, I am going to print up several packets of this and distribute them around at work. All the best stuff in one place!

Thanks! Distribute as you like! The team that developed the paper are on board with circulating to the fullest extent possible - they (we) are all Paul supporters, after all. :-) Great idea to print them on your own. The trick, I think, will be the dimensions (10.5"w x 21"h) - but you're welcome to do it!

Some folks have decided to print just the "Constitutional Conservative" Challenge on page 2 as a flyer.

Thanks for thinking about how to get Dr. Paul's messages out :-)

trey4sports
07-22-2011, 04:06 PM
wow, that is an incredible paper. +rep

JoshLowry
07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Promoted.

Great work!

pfarley
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Promoted.

Great work!

Awesome! Thanks, Josh!

blabam
07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Worth the donation :) great work!

muzzled dogg
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
looks good
let me know when NH is done and we can talk about gettin some up here!

LibertyEagle
07-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Thank you for including Ron Paul's Statement of Faith. I know that it was a last minute addition, so thank you very much for getting it in there.

Eric21ND
07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow those look amazing!! I can't wait to print some out.

FA.Hayek
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
this is amazing!!!

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
They are beautiful, and I am glad you have the statement of faith in there.

Is what you have on social security all from Ron, though? That 13% decrease off the top is something I've never heard him mention. He is stressing that he would tide people over with cuts in military and cutting departments that aren't authorized by the Constitution, then let kids opt out so we don't perpetuate the failure on the next generation. This is a sensitive subject with a lot of people who have paid for decades. Did that 13% come from something Ron put out?

pfarley
07-22-2011, 08:03 PM
They are beautiful, and I am glad you have the statement of faith in there.

Is what you have on social security all from Ron, though? That 13% decrease off the top is something I've never heard him mention. He is stressing that he would tide people over with cuts in military and cutting departments that aren't authorized by the Constitution, then let kids opt out so we don't perpetuate the failure on the next generation. This is a sensitive subject with a lot of people who have paid for decades. Did that 13% come from something Ron put out?

That statement is attributed to a 2009 government report (attribution is there in the paragraph you're reading). It's there to ensure readers understand the program is insolvent to the point the gov't is advocating benefit cuts.

Dr. Paul's quote is under the heading "Unburdening Future Generations: The Plan".

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 08:24 PM
That statement is attributed to a 2009 government report (attribution is there in the paragraph you're reading). It's there to ensure readers understand the program is insolvent to the point the gov't is advocating benefit cuts.

Dr. Paul's quote is under the heading "Unburdening Future Generations: The Plan".

It kinda looks like Ron is advocating it, but I was skimming everything quickly. It does say the govt report.

LibertyEagle
07-22-2011, 10:34 PM

I am very concerned about how this will be interpreted. I guess we shall see.

TomtheTinker
07-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Bump

ninepointfive
07-23-2011, 01:39 AM
spot on!

wormyguy
07-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Very impressed except for the section about entitlements, especially this quote:

"This is not a new idea for Ron Paul either. He has been calling for the abolition of Social Security since 1988."

Sorry, that is NOT going to be winning him any votes...

Eric21ND
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Very impressed except for the section about entitlements, especially this quote:

"This is not a new idea for Ron Paul either. He has been calling for the abolition of Social Security since 1988."

Sorry, that is NOT going to be winning him any votes...
The irony being the Ron Paul would actually treat social security as a trust fund and not spend the money that's taken in. He would actually strengthen social security, while working towards a better system.

V3n
07-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Awesome work folks!! Good job! I especially liked the statement of Faith, I hadn't actually read it before. My wife (also a fan) asked me to read it out loud - she was in tears by the end!

You all should be very proud of the work you've done! Home run! You knocked it out of the park!

speciallyblend
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
this paper should be handed out to everyone as they leave churches across the state of iowa!!!

Eric21ND
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
this paper should be handed out to everyone as they leave churches across the state of iowa!!!
I concur. When can we expect them to hit Iowa?

radiofriendly
07-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Amazing work. Thank you, everyone who had a hand in it!

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 08:44 AM
The irony being the Ron Paul would actually treat social security as a trust fund and not spend the money that's taken in. He would actually strengthen social security, while working towards a better system.

Yeah, but that is a huge difference, and this is a real hot button issue.

Eric21ND
07-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, but that is a huge difference, and this is a real hot button issue.
I personally think we should stay away from SS and Medicare issues until we have a rock solid plan in place. If you want to point out that Dr. Paul never voted to spend one dime from SS that would be a worthwhile point, or treated medicare patients out of his own pocket.

speciallyblend
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I personally think we should stay away from SS and Medicare issues until we have a rock solid plan in place. If you want to point out that Dr. Paul never voted to spend one dime from SS that would be a worthwhile point, or treated medicare patients out of his own pocket.

very good point!!

trey4sports
07-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I concur. When can we expect them to hit Iowa?

bump for answer. Is the paper going to be in place to help with Ames or is this going to be rolled out to affect the caucus?

sailingaway
07-29-2011, 05:43 PM

I agree.