PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is catching on

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Over the past few weeks I've over heard countless conversations at work with people discussing politics. Although I do work at a state govt agency, it seems a lot of people here lean to the right/center right on most issues.

The other day I heard a guy talking about how gold is going up, and they started discussing politics and the economy, and he said he doesn't really like any of the candidates but "That Ron Paul guy is interesting.."

Then yesterday I heard my other co-worker quote some of Ron Paul talking about closing the bases and how "we dont need to be world police agency" I had no idea he was a Ron Paul supporter.

Then today, I was out in the smoke break area, just talking. And we got on the subject of drug legalization. This guy, who I always figured to be pretty liberal, said "I loved it when Ron Paul was asked about Heroin at that GOP debate" and he went on to quote Ron's response "If heroin were legalized tomorrow raise your hand if you would go out and buy some"

It was great. I've never heard this much talk (if any) about Ron Paul here at work.

He is really catching on. I know it's still a long hard road, but I think RP honestly has a shot if everything falls into place. If not win the nomination, atleast get a TON of people questioning the status quo laying the foundation for future candidates (Rand Paul maybe?).

fisharmor
07-22-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm tellin ya....

TXcarlosTX
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
badass! your strategy should now be to get them to vote and be part of the precinct elections.

Bern
07-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Freedom is popular.

Seraphim
07-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Catch 22: Freedom is popular when understood.

We have a lot to thank people like Ron Paul for. I'd be willing to bet that RP wants us to thank him, not by spreading his name, but by "lighting brush fires of liberty in the minds of people".

Freedom is popular.

jkr
07-22-2011, 12:54 PM
i am telling YOU, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, he IS catching on!

MJU1983
07-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Damn, I was hoping for a video of that guy, you know the one! :)

He is catching on and a good showing at Ames will do wonders for the campaign/exposure.

AGRP
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8

iamse7en
07-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah Intrade thinks RP is really catching on too...

Mahkato
07-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I still can't believe that commercial was ever made.

guitarlifter
07-23-2011, 12:33 AM

I felt embarrassed for the year 2008 after having watched that.

headhawg7
07-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Over the past few weeks I've over heard countless conversations at work with people discussing politics. Although I do work at a state govt agency, it seems a lot of people here lean to the right/center right on most issues.

The other day I heard a guy talking about how gold is going up, and they started discussing politics and the economy, and he said he doesn't really like any of the candidates but "That Ron Paul guy is interesting.."

Then yesterday I heard my other co-worker quote some of Ron Paul talking about closing the bases and how "we dont need to be world police agency" I had no idea he was a Ron Paul supporter.

Then today, I was out in the smoke break area, just talking. And we got on the subject of drug legalization. This guy, who I always figured to be pretty liberal, said "I loved it when Ron Paul was asked about Heroin at that GOP debate" and he went on to quote Ron's response "If heroin were legalized tomorrow raise your hand if you would go out and buy some"

It was great. I've never heard this much talk (if any) about Ron Paul here at work.

He is really catching on. I know it's still a long hard road, but I think RP honestly has a shot if everything falls into place. If not win the nomination, atleast get a TON of people questioning the status quo laying the foundation for future candidates (Rand Paul maybe?).

Yep...I have been screaming it from the rooftops. If the republicans(meaning the leadership of the party) REALLY were serious about change they would do everything in their power to make sure Ron was the nominee. He is THE ONLY republican that can garner a LARGE majority of independents and get some democrats to switch sides with his stances on foreign policy, war on drugs, etc...
However the leadership is not serious about change because they know Ron would bring change. They are not serious about fiscal policies or the debt regardless of their rhetoric. They could force Obama and the dems to cut spending now through cutting a deal to reduce current fiscal deficits almost entirely or threaten to not raise the debt ceiling forcing the cuts to be made. They hold ALL the chips. Most people know the blame will go to the person in the WH regardless of what congress does. Most citizens are so uninformed they know that obama is the president and he's a democrat and that's about it. I bet a good number of voters couldn't tell you which party controls each house. So force obama and the democrats hand. It's what needs to be done.
I remember a couple years ago...maybe less can't quite remember the date but I was watching jesse ventura host larry king live on CNN. He had on one conservative, one liberal, Ron Paul and of course himself. The panel to a man virtually agreed with everything Ron was saying including the liberal. Name another republican or democrat in politics today that could do that. I can't think of one. If I were the leadership of the republican party I would do my damnedest to make sure Ron was the nominee because he would CLOBBER obama in the debates and probably win in a landslide.

DamianTV
07-23-2011, 01:39 AM

Encourage him, but dont push him too hard. Right now, more than a gentle nudge could send him in the wrong direction.

I think you should mention that you are a Ron Paul supporter too, and just leave it at that. Leave a bit of mystery for him to discover for himself. Once he approaches you with more Ron Paul ideas, then take him down the Rabbit Hole.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Encourage him, but dont push him too hard. Right now, more than a gentle nudge could send him in the wrong direction.

I think you should mention that you are a Ron Paul supporter too, and just leave it at that. Leave a bit of mystery for him to discover for himself. Once he approaches you with more Ron Paul ideas, then take him down the Rabbit Hole.

Yeah, Im not pushy at all. I usually throw a few points at them sometimes and let it swirl around their head for a bit.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Wait a sec, this is real TV ad? I thought this was some kinda spoof. ROFL damn that is awful!!

StilesBC
07-23-2011, 10:29 AM
You probably won't believe this, but I've overheard people talking favourably about Dr.Paul twice in the past few weeks - in Canada.

trey4sports
07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Winning the presidency would be awesome, but winning the GOP nod in itself would be pretty big. I can sense the GOP trying to find its leader and its our job to make sure that leader is Ron Paul.

right now there are 3 main groups trying to control the GOP

1. establishment - Mitt Romney's core

2. Social Con's/tea-o-con's - Bachmann's group

3. old right - Ron Paul's group

It is our job to make sure the "old right" becomes the predominant wing of the GOP, and we accomplish that by winning the nomination.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Winning the presidency would be awesome, but winning the GOP nod in itself would be pretty big. I can sense the GOP trying to find its leader and its our job to make sure that leader is Ron Paul.

right now there are 3 main groups trying to control the GOP

1. establishment - Mitt Romney's core

2. Social Con's/tea-o-con's - Bachmann's group

3. old right - Ron Paul's group

It is our job to make sure the "old right" becomes the predominant wing of the GOP, and we accomplish that by winning the nomination.

I've heard nobody at work say "I like that guy Mitt Romney" ...They always say "Well...looks like Mitt Romney is going to be the guy"

I heard a few people say they like Bachman and Rick Perry smh