PDA

View Full Version : What is the GOP's Problem???

speciallyblend
07-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Folks, i ask this question because in my activist work and going around town. I have had several folks that approach me 2 this morning alone at Subway. What did they say you ask? I Love Ron Paul and of course i say well if we want him to get elected. We have to win the GOP nomination. Then they say i will vote for him in a general but i do not want to be associated with the likes of the GOP.

I then go into the spill, if we get everyone like you to join the GOP. We become the GOP not them(GOP est and neo-cons). It is a hard sell for sure.

Bottom Line , Ron Paul 2012 will Win a General Election but it is the GOP that is tarnished and isolated themselves from voters. The GOP is a product many in Colorado want to ignore or disassociate themselves with or even throw away. Why?? I think the GOP leadership clearly knows the answer:(.. The GOP would rather elect obama. Then Win A General Election with Ron Paul 2012, the only republican running on small government, LIBERTY and FREEDOM AND A SANE FOREIGN POLICY!

I am now 100% certain if the GOP does not nominate Ron Paul 2012. It will be the GOP who elects obama republican or democrat!!

Obama vs Ron Paul vs Obama Republicans(GOP establishment/neo-cons)

Ron Paul 2012, the rest lack credibility and trust!!!

brushfire
07-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Unprincipled voters = unprincipled politicians.

Ron Paul is a fantastic example of the courage it takes. He has stood in opposition to the very things that have put us into this mess, and long before the consequences began to materialize. He took a lot of hits, was laughed at, and ridiculed by the establishment/media. But it all started with Ron's constituents, who were all courageous people for voting for him.

People need to step out of the rut if they want anything to change... Courage - standup, and quit doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. If you like Ron, vote for him, or know that you are contributing to the demise of our nation. Because voting on anything less that principle is what puts people like Bush and Obama into office...

jkr
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM
THEY WANT 2 loooooooooooooooooooooose

Acala
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Print out the Blue Republican article and give it to them. If that doesn't work, they are hopeless.

erowe1
07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Just ask them, "If you have the ability to help make sure that Ron Paul is the GOP nominee rather than one of the others, why wouldn't you do it?"

Travlyr
07-22-2011, 10:10 AM
OP is spot on. Obama is their guy. The team is red & blue.

fisharmor
07-22-2011, 10:11 AM
It's all party politics.
They wrecked the country from 2001-2009.
Obama got into office as a result.
He's been wrecking things, sure, but in four years the public will not perceive that he had enough time to fix things.
I think the GOP knows that the perception is that W wrecked things, and also that Obama has to have his 8 years, and has to really wreck things worse than W, before they can get another candidate elected in the general.

Of course, the alternative is to stop hamstringing the guy who stands a chance at beating Obama, but they're not going to do that. For them, it's either 4 years of watching their gravy train get dismantled, or 4 years of watching plebians suffer, knowing that at the end of it it'll be their turn to make them suffer.

erowe1
07-22-2011, 10:15 AM
OP is spot on. Obama is their guy. The team is red & blue.

Yeah, but Obama won't be seriously contested. They have no reason to vote in the Dem presidential primary. But if they'd rather have RP be the GOP nominee than anyone else, they do have reason to vote in the GOP primary. And they're free to do that and then turn around and support Obama in the general if they want.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
This is why we MUST focus on likely Republican voters instead. They are the only ones that matter in a primary. Chasing liberals or independents or Democrats won't win Ron the election. We have to convince Republicans to vote for him because they are they ones that vote in the Republican primary in the greatest number.

erowe1
07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
This is why we MUST focus on likely Republican voters instead. They are the only ones that matter in a primary. Chasing liberals or independents or Democrats won't win Ron the election. We have to convince Republicans to vote for him because they are they ones that vote in the Republican primary in the greatest number.

I'm going to focus on likely Republican voters, and I agree that most of us need to.

But if someone thinks their niche is getting crossover votes, then more power to them, I don't want to discourage them from that. Crossover votes will help us. They have been a big factor before and they can be again. And there are some RP supporters who, because of where they live or what their circles of influence are, will win over more votes by doing that than they would by focusing on conservatives.

speciallyblend
07-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Print out the Blue Republican article and give it to them. If that doesn't work, they are hopeless.

yeah i might do that, let them read it on their own time etc etc , make copies at work;)