PDA

View Full Version : TODAY Blue Republican on Iowa Radio!

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I will be joining Iowa Democrat Ed Fallon on his radio show Fallon Forum TODAY, Friday(22nd) at 2pm(Central) to discuss encouraging anti-war advocates regardless of party to vote for Ron Paul in the Ames Straw Poll and Iowa Caucus. Listen live if you are in the Des Moines area on 98.3, live stream on the website (http://983wowfm.com/) and/or call it to join the conversation: (866) 908-TALK.

I need the support of callers, especially if you are a non-republican in Iowa. The host is very favorable to the idea, but in the past callers have not been, so call in your support.

Ed Fallon is a prominent Iowa Dem who is a former state Representative, and former candidate for congress and governor.

I am a Iowa libertarian who ran for state house last year, as well as a medical student and Paul supporter. I started the site Republican for a Day (www.republican4aday.com), advocating exactly what Robin Koerner discussed in his article about 'Blue Republicans', before it became popular.

Thanks All!

Eric21ND
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
bump for Iowans

speciallyblend
07-22-2011, 09:57 AM
good luck and hit a grand slam;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY&ob=av3e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY&ob=av3e

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Bump: 1 hour to showtime

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Bump: ON NOW, call in your support!

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I lol'd that the popup banner on the live stream has "sponsored by Progressive!". how apt.

JamesButabi
07-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Good stuff so far. Calling all callers :)

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM
doing great.

Feeding the Abscess
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Whoever is on right now completely misses the point. The support is great, but you've got to meet them on their terms.

Foreign policy and civil liberties, and if you're going to talk about taxes and what not, frame it around working Americans.

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Careful with this, they are being accused of gaming the primaries in at least one article (by a far left Dem who is worried for Obama, I suspect), when Dustin just wants to get those who would vote for Ron in the general to vote for him in the primary.

Bruno
07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Shoot! I wanted to call in but have been stuck in meetings

Feeding the Abscess
07-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I'd call in, but I'd like to leave it to Iowans to talk on the show. Here are a few helpful talking points:

If you're going to talk about taxes, frame it around Alan Grayson's The War Is Making You Poor Act - Ron was one of the only co-sponsors for this legislation. End the wars, eliminate income tax for the first 30k of income

Also mention Grayson's support for the Audit the Fed bill

Hype Ron and Kucinich's work against our foreign policy - they have sponsored many bills together that would curtail our imperialism

Ron and Barney Frank's marijuana bill

What not to do:

The antagonistic RFID chip asshole on right now

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 01:56 PM
oh geezus

edit:
this:

What not to do:
The antagonistic RFID chip asshole on right now

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 01:59 PM
lol, totally pwned that bachmann supporter on the afghanistan question.

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
It is easy for trolls to make us look bad by playing to stereotypes of what people think we are like.

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
lol, totally pwned that bachmann supporter on the afghanistan question.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the response, I think I heard the host Ed laughing in the background.

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the response, I think I heard the host Ed laughing in the background.

Yeah, he was laughing his @ss off, it was a great response.

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Thanks, Dustin. There was an article calling you and Fallon out for this, yesterday. Did you see it?

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, he was laughing his @ss off, it was a great response.

Thanks, for those who missed it, here is how it went:

Frank (caller/bachmann supporter):
"Charles Barkely once said that he was being followed out of a bar buy a guy who had both fists up, now what should he do?"

My Response:
"The response is clear, you find out where that guy lives and you go beat up his family, and then find his cousins and you beat them up."

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks, for those who missed it, here is how it went:

Frank (caller/bachmann supporter):
"charles barkely once said that he was being followed out of a bar buy a guy who had both fists up, now what should he do?"

my response:
"the response is clear, you find out where that guy lives and you go beat up his family, and then find his cousins and you beat them up."

lol!

They finally released a Rasmussen poll they took at the end of June in case you missed all four of those threads on here, showing Ron polling second best of all candidates against Obama. Romney polls best, then Ron, then Perry, then Bachmann... and it goes down hill from there.....

Ron takes independents from Obama who only polls at 41% against Ron (although he still hypothetically wins, but I put that down to people not being willing to poll against their primary candidate's interests as much as anything.)

It is being reported as Ron being one of the four who are in hailing distance of Obama. I think they might not have released it at all, except then they couldn't tout Perry's numbers, since he was behind Ron.

DDkrutsinger
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Dustin. There was an article calling you and Fallon out for this, yesterday. Did you see it?

Yep, John Deeth is a Dem blogger who lives in my town. Nice guy, but very against the idea. Since we live in the most liberal town in Iowa, with about a 80-20 Dem split, he knows how big of an impact such an idea could have.

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Yep, John Deeth is a Dem blogger who lives in my town. Nice guy, but very against the idea. Since we live in the most liberal town in Iowa, with about a 80-20 Dem split, he knows how big of an impact such an idea could have.

:D

Feeding the Abscess
07-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Good work, OP. If you end up getting interviewed again, post it here and I'll call in.

DDkrutsinger
07-23-2011, 08:40 AM
http://www.983wowfm.com/article.asp?id=2243892&cache=no Here is a link to the podcast, enjoy and thanks for the support

Eric21ND
07-23-2011, 12:46 PM
awesome job and thanks for the link! We might need to get you some of those Blue Republican handouts for your city :)