PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul Can Win The Mainstream...

No Free Beer
07-22-2011, 07:01 AM
How do you all feel about this? I thought this lady was a big government progressive. Am I wrong?

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/2011/07/22/how-ron-paul-can-go-mainstream-and-become-our-next-president/

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I was just going to post that. I also thought she was redistributionist, but maybe it was in the context of choices limited by a particular bill. I'll look at her more. Some liberals think she has integrity, which is a little different than thinking 'OMG! She's so COOL!!' as with Obama. I have reservations, but I'd look into her more. I only know some discussions of her around Dodd Frank and they didn't sound good from my point of view. But everyone in the discussion had their own agenda.

jonhowe
07-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Very interesting article. Might be a bit naive, though.

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 07:27 AM
It's all a moot point unless Dr. Paul wins the Primary. And if he does win the Primary, I can't imagine him wasting such an opportunity by naming a VP that does not share his core values in regards to Liberty. So no, he won't be picking this woman or Gary Johnson.

jonhowe
07-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Very interesting article. Might be a bit naive, though.

smartguy911
07-22-2011, 08:04 AM
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/2011/07/22/how-ron-paul-can-go-mainstream-and-become-our-next-president/

So here’s what I propose. Congressman Ron Paul should get Elizabeth Warren as his VP candidate. Imagine the passion that ticket would enlist in people. It might actually win! It’d be impossible for any true “conservative” to vote against presidential candidate, Ron Paul. And it’d be impossible for any true “liberal” to vote against vice presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren.

:confused:

Paul4Prez
07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Picking a VP candidate too early won't win the mainstream. What will win the mainstream is a well-funded and well-organized campaign, focusing on the big issues of concern to the electorate and Ron Paul's unmatched record, coupled with realistic and detailed transition plans explaining how Ron Paul would actually govern. The VP pick and cabinet appointments should come after winning the Republican nomination.

ForLiberty2012
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I like this article.... I don't know about his solution though...

Paul Or Nothing II
07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Picking a VP candidate too early won't win the mainstream. What will win the mainstream is a well-funded and well-organized campaign, focusing on the big issues of concern to the electorate and Ron Paul's unmatched record, coupled with realistic and detailed transition plans explaining how Ron Paul would actually govern. The VP pick and cabinet appointments should come after winning the Republican nomination.

I think it's pretty much the opposite. As I've said in the other thread, other candidates entering/leaving the field has very little impact on Ron's numbers which shows that he has a loyal base BUT it ALSO shows that the other ~90% of voters are saying "anyone but Paul", the other ~90% of vote keeps shifting around between the other candidates depending on who enters/exits the field which means that mainstream has NOT warmed up to Paul & barring some miracle, I don't think it willl considering that GOP establishment, media & big money all are working against Ron & THAT'S WHY declaring a VP BEFORE the primaries who has mainstream REPUBLICAN following could go a long way in giving Ron a realistic chance of winning the GOP primaries.

Reagan did something similar in 1976 (he'd chosen a Democrat though) & he missed the GOP nomination by an absolute WHISKER; running a "regular" campaign works well for the establishment candidates which is what we've had for a LONG LONG TIME but if Ron wants to get ahead then he might have to pull some rabbits out of his hat.