PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Ban Debate in a Bar (Video)

SilentBull
07-22-2011, 06:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2wiZNtkQU&

TruckinMike
07-22-2011, 08:33 AM
This is one of my favorite liberty debate topics at truck stops. Its a great topic for breaking folks out of their conditioned collectivist thought processes. The non-smokers as well as the smokers walk away with a new way of thinking. And because its apolitical in terms of the left/right paradigm its an easy sell. Try it sometime.

TMike

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-22-2011, 09:43 AM
It's so dumb.

The bar I go to down the street from my job voluntarily does not allow smoking in his establishment. A bar opened next door that DOES allow smoking. I go to both, sometimes I go to the non-smoking bar because some of my co workers dont like the smell of smoke. Other times I go to the smoking back because......well, I like to smoke when I drink. Let the business owners decide how they want to operate their establishments. The workers that must inhale 2nd hand smoke have a choice on if they want to work there or not.

Nate
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM
It's so dumb.

The bar I go to down the street from my job voluntarily does not allow smoking in his establishment. A bar opened next door that DOES allow smoking. I go to both, sometimes I go to the non-smoking bar because some of my co workers dont like the smell of smoke. Other times I go to the smoking back because......well, I like to smoke when I drink. Let the business owners decide how they want to operate their establishments. The workers that must inhale 2nd hand smoke have a choice on if they want to work there or not.

+10000000000000000000000000000

SilentBull
07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
This is one of my favorite liberty debate topics at truck stops. Its a great topic for breaking folks out of their conditioned collectivist thought processes. The non-smokers as well as the smokers walk away with a new way of thinking. And because its apolitical in terms of the left/right paradigm its an easy sell. Try it sometime.

TMike

Yeah that's why I made the video. I spoke to a liberal about this and he didn't have an answer when I asked him what exactly was wrong with people having an option of both types of bars.