PDA

View Full Version : Total bailout cost so far?

headhawg7
07-22-2011, 01:45 AM
I saw a tweet from Ron Paul a couple days ago and he mentioned the bailouts so far have totaled $5.3 trillion. I was trying to do the math from memory when totaling Bush stimulus, obama stimulus, tarp, talf, etc...

Does anybody have a link or know where to find a breakdown of the total amount invested, amount paid back and amounts backstopped versus actual investments? For example I think fannie and freddie were backstopped at $200 billion each but the total invested is something like $50 billion each. I can't find any up to date numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Unelected
07-22-2011, 01:56 AM
The only people that know the actual number are the ones entrenched within the Federal Reserve. Back in December 2010, the number was 2.5 trillion, now it's $16+ trillion.

At this point, you could probably just roll two dice, put the numbers together, add 12 zeros to that number and you'd be closer to the real number than we are now.

headhawg7
07-22-2011, 04:55 PM
The only people that know the actual number are the ones entrenched within the Federal Reserve. Back in December 2010, the number was 2.5 trillion, now it's $16+ trillion.

At this point, you could probably just roll two dice, put the numbers together, add 12 zeros to that number and you'd be closer to the real number than we are now.
This is what I was thinking as well.