PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has 7k less FB Likes than Bachmann

libertybrewcity
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
How can we let this happen???

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Even if you don't want a FB or plan to use it, you can always just create one using minimal information and like Ron Paul. No picture or anything personal necessary besides an email.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Ron Paul just doesn't dominate the social media scene this time like he did before. In 2007, Paul had the most MySpace fans and YouTube subscribers. Now he's trailing on Facebook and Twitter to people like Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. It's sad.

Romney used to have about 50,000 Facebook 'likes' to Ron Paul's 300,000 (at the time.) Then Romney did an aggressive Facebook ad campaign to bring people to 'like' his page. Paul's campaign should maybe consider dropping some of that money bomb haul on getting 1,000,000 'likes.'

Paul4Prez
07-21-2011, 10:48 PM
The problem is that Facebook is so much bigger now than MySpace and YouTube were four years ago, it's like the scientific polls vs. the straw polls.

qwerty
07-22-2011, 04:17 AM
This is bad... :(

LibertyRevolution
07-22-2011, 06:25 AM
I refuse to have anything to do with facebook. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Ron Paul just doesn't dominate the social media scene this time like he did before. In 2007, Paul had the most MySpace fans and YouTube subscribers. Now he's trailing on Facebook and Twitter to people like Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. It's sad.

Romney used to have about 50,000 Facebook 'likes' to Ron Paul's 300,000 (at the time.) Then Romney did an aggressive Facebook ad campaign to bring people to 'like' his page. Paul's campaign should maybe consider dropping some of that money bomb haul on getting 1,000,000 'likes.'
Bachmann has been paying for ads.

Give it some time, Ron will beat all of them organically. But it's like building a shopping mall as Doug Wead says. It will take some time, won't happen overnight.

davidt!
07-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Those of us that are on FB should invite all of our friends to "like" RP's facebook page.

libertygrl
07-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I refuse to have anything to do with facebook. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

3 words: Central Intelligence Agency. It's been documented.

sailingaway
07-22-2011, 09:56 AM
You have to like Bachmann's page to see it because it has a welcome screen. So does Romney's. So does Cain's. Not so Ron's. A bunch 'liking' Bachmann are certainly just wanting to see what is on her page.

It has been suggested Ron get a welcome screen, by several.

The question is do you want to use it so maximally spread information or maximally get likes? Because I didn't like the others and have no idea what they have on their pages.

And a TON of people who believe in civil liberties and privacy don't like facebook. I'm on it to monitor what my kids put 'out there' but otherwise wouldn't be on. Since I AM on, I've liked Ron Paul related stuff. But it doesn't go anywhere, except to my kids.

brushfire
07-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I guess the question is if "Likes" actually translate to votes... Or does content translate to votes?

I would hope the content would prevail, at this point...

Merk
07-22-2011, 10:15 AM
3 words: Central Intelligence Agency. It's been documented.

Bingo, FB is data mining.

V3n
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Having seen Bachmann's wall, I'm sure many of her "Likes" are just so people can display anger at the candidate on her own wall, they don't really Like her at all.. however, clicking "Like" is also similar to signing up for a subscription, now Bachmann's feed becomes part of their news feed, whether they like it or not.

This is where the "Welcome Screen" idea could be either good or bad for Ron Paul - if someone is just browsing out of curiosity, making them click "Like" also puts future RP articles into their feed where they will at least read the headlines.. but if that person browsing doesn't care enough to hit "Like" to see RP's feed, then they won't see anything at all, now or later.

BrendanWenzel
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
You have to like Bachmann's page to see it because it has a welcome screen. So does Romney's. So does Cain's. Not so Ron's. A bunch 'liking' Bachmann are certainly just wanting to see what is on her page.

You can click the Wall tab without having to like the page. That's why a Welcome page is so important though. Because most people do think you have to like the page to see it. Not to mention, it's really easy for someone sent straight to the Wall to start reading posts and forget to like the page. Most people only visit a page once and if you don't get the like then you just lost a possible conversion. It's marketing and right now we are being out marketed on that front.

but if that person browsing doesn't care enough to hit "Like" to see RP's feed, then they won't see anything at all, now or later.

You're assuming there's nothing on the Welcome page. It's the same principle as a landing page, you give content and ask for the action. You won't get them all, but you will get more conversions than you do without it.

V3n
07-22-2011, 10:54 AM
You can click the Wall tab without having to like the page. That's why a Welcome page is so important though. Because most people do think you have to like the page to see it. Not to mention, it's really easy for someone sent straight to the Wall to start reading posts and forget to like the page. Most people only visit a page once and if you don't get the like then you just lost a possible conversion. It's marketing and right now we are being out marketed on that front.

You're assuming there's nothing on the Welcome page. It's the same principle as a landing page, you give content and ask for the action. You won't get them all, but you will get more conversions than you do without it.

Good points!

DutchLiberty
07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
What about other social networks and Google+ ?