PDA

View Full Version : World Series of Poker November Finalists Set

DirtMcGirt
07-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I know there has been talk about an outreach to poker players. Not sure of the exact dates in November and their restrictions for individual player's sponsorship, but I am sure we could get some literature or billboard up in time for the event.

Here are the finalists:

Seat 1 – Eoghan O'Dea – 33,925,000
Seat 2 – Martin Staszko – 40,175,000
Seat 3 – Ben Lamb – 20,875,000
Seat 4 – Phil Collins – 23,875,000
Seat 5 – Pius Heinz – 16,425,000
Seat 6 – Anton Makiievskyi – 13,825,000
Seat 7 – Samuel Holden – 12,375,000
Seat 8 – Badih Bounahra – 19,700,000
Seat 9 – Matt Giannetti – 24,750,000

TCE
07-21-2011, 09:03 PM
There is a new rule this year about advertising at the WSOP which restricts advertising. It is now a government thing, it is the Rio which made the rule. If you'll notice, no one is wearing a patch or any heavy advertising for any of the poker websites as they have in years past and the same goes for other advertisers. This is partially due to Black Friday (the Department of Justice shutting down 3 of the biggest poker websites), and partially because they expect online gambling will be legalized, and they don't want it to cut into their expected profits. Basically: Good luck advertising at the WSOP.

As an interesting side note, a good chunk are libertarians since a libertarian would allow them to play unabridged. However, they have gotten behind Johnson: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

Eric21ND
07-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Johnson will be out by November.

dean.engelhardt
07-22-2011, 06:53 AM
The Hewitt meltdown was epic. Good TV. I do like how they show more of the action then in past years. I am getting use to not seeing the hold cards preflop, but seeing more hands makes up for it.

Gary Johnson is making a big push at two + two, but there are tons of RP supporters there. Here is a thread about the republican nominee: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/41/politics/who-will-2012-republican-presidential-nominee-745368/

DirtMcGirt
07-22-2011, 08:41 AM
You know how Obama is having these raffles to have dinner and whatnot to raise some cash. The campaign should consider having a raffle to play poker w/ RP and a couple of donors a few days before the tournament.
They'll will be a buzz leading up to the tournament by ESPN so I would think they would get some publicity...

TCE
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Johnson will be out by November.

Source? I suspect he'll get smashed in a couple of states before he drops out. Why would he come this far only to not see through even one primary state?

The Hewitt meltdown was epic. Good TV. I do like how they show more of the action then in past years. I am getting use to not seeing the hold cards preflop, but seeing more hands makes up for it.

Gary Johnson is making a big push at two + two, but there are tons of RP supporters there. Here is a thread about the republican nominee: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/41...ominee-745368/

Agreed. The live action is amazing and I'm glad Antonio Esfandiari called a couple days of the play. Nice to have a sit-in pro analyzing the play. The super-aggro guys are insane, though. Would have liked to see more TAG players make it deep.

You know how Obama is having these raffles to have dinner and whatnot to raise some cash. The campaign should consider having a raffle to play poker w/ RP and a couple of donors a few days before the tournament.
They'll will be a buzz leading up to the tournament by ESPN so I would think they would get some publicity...

Cost-benefit analysis: Would it hurt him more with the Religious Right or help him more with the mainstream? I have no problem with Dr. Paul aligning himself with Poker players and making it a campaign issue, but again, which groups would he lose support from?

DirtMcGirt
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Cost-benefit analysis: Would it hurt him more with the Religious Right or help him more with the mainstream? I have no problem with Dr. Paul aligning himself with Poker players and making it a campaign issue, but again, which groups would he lose support from?

Good Point. Maybe it will be better suited for the general election.

Invi
07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Good Point. Maybe it will be a better suited for the general election.
I c wut u did thar.

TCE
07-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Good Point. Maybe it will be a better suited for the general election.

Agreed.

DirtMcGirt
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Here is Obama's dinner raffle:

“We rely on everyday Americans giving whatever they can afford--and I want to spend time with a few of you,” Obama's e-mail reads. “So if you make a donation today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to be one of the four supporters to sit down with me for dinner. Please donate $5 or more today.”

The e-mail, which also says the campaign does not take contributions from lobbyists or special-interests, says that “most campaigns” invite high-powered guests to its fundraising dinners. It fails to note, however, that President Obama himself has conducted several high-dollar fundraisers in the weeks since he announced his reelection effort.

“Most campaigns fill their dinner guest lists primarily with Washington lobbyists and special interests,” says the e-mail. “We didn't get here doing that, and we're not going to start now. We're running a different kind of campaign. We don't take money from Washington lobbyists or special-interest PACs--we never have, and we never will.”

Describing the event as a “casual meal among friends,” the e-mail goes on to imply that the dinner will be a chance for the president and four lucky supporters to share stories and ideas about national policy.

Winners will receive free airfare and hotel accommodations should they win.

“We'll pay for your flight and the dinner--all you need to bring is your story and your ideas about how we can continue to make this a better country for all Americans,” says the raffle e-mail.

“This won't be a formal affair,” reads the solicitation. “It's the kind of casual meal among friends that I don't get to have as often as I'd like anymore, so I hope you'll consider joining me.”

In order to enter, supporters are directed to one of two pages. The first--linked to twice in the e-mail--sends people to a donation page for the president’s campaign. The second, found only in the fine print, allows one to enter the contest without donating.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-campaign-5-buys-dinner-president

Bergie Bergeron
07-25-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/phil-collins.jpg

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Join Rounders for Ron Paul:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/RoundersForRonPaul/240070542679882