PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Cop Interacts With Concealed Carrier in Oceanside California

AuH20
07-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Not all our pigs, thank god. Both the police and the concealed carrier were ex-USMC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzH5Oe-YL4&feature=player_embedded#t=151s

However, this is million times better than this travesty of justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc&feature=player_embedded

Fredom101
07-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Unnecessary. The cop was harassing him. No reason he should have had to give his name. The guy carrying did a great job. I live in SD and Oceanside as military as it gets, and some of the highest crime rates in the county.

Revolution9
07-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Decent cop. Didn't get tough for no reason. Don't know the reason for the stop or the neighborhood. I assume he was checking to see he was unloaded while walking. He was and there was no other issue. This guy should give seminars to other departments on how to deal with civilians.

Rev9

thehighwaymanq
07-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Haha that cop was awesome!

Bruno
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Decent cop. Didn't get tough for no reason. Don't know the reason for the stop or the neighborhood. I assume he was checking to see he was unloaded while walking. He was and there was no other issue. This guy should give seminars to other departments on how to deal with civilians.

Rev9

Agreed. + rep

Carehn
07-21-2011, 10:24 PM
He was not the worst but why did this happen at all? Why would he need to check the gun for the cops (his safety) if the most safe thing the cop could have done is leave the guy alone?

This cop was better then most but that does not make a random stop right. why did he stop this man?

AGRP
07-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Unnecessary. The cop was harassing him. No reason he should have had to give his name. The guy carrying did a great job. I live in SD and Oceanside as military as it gets, and some of the highest crime rates in the county.

This x200

What gives officers the right to detain and harass everyone for doing something thats completely legal?

Lets all detain and harass officers for legally carrying.

Golding
07-21-2011, 10:55 PM
He was not the worst but why did this happen at all? Why would he need to check the gun for the cops (his safety) if the most safe thing the cop could have done is leave the guy alone?

This cop was better then most but that does not make a random stop right. why did he stop this man?I tentatively agree with this post. The video is a little incomplete in terms of establishing why the open carrier was stopped and searched. I certainly give credit to Officer Lyons for not threatening to murder anyone, but that is an unfortunately low bar set to hurdle. He was certainly trying to sugar the open carrier into doing things he didn't have to do.

Just goes to show that intimidation isn't the only weapon being used out there. There will also be lying with a smile and a handshake. Good on Jeremy for keeping his composure, knowing his rights, and making that message clear.

Revolution9
07-21-2011, 11:09 PM
He made pals with the cop. I have been yanked over since I was 16 by cops because I just look like I may be up to shenanigans with my leprechaun grin. I didn't like it but after they talked to me I never got bothered again. They were mostly seeing what I was up to. On the other hand, I have been hauled to jail 13 times with no charges sticking and 12 cases tossed, was kidnapped by police twice, harrassed dozens and it was never by the ones that got to know me. Get to know your local cop. Times are a changing and he just might be on your side. I doubt it but a little reconnoitering never hurt.

Rev9.