PDA

View Full Version : Politico: Bachmann is Pawlenty's unlikely Iowa ally

sailingaway
07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110721/NEWS0605/110729971

tpreitzel
07-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Amusing ... Let these two candidates sling it among themselves for the "Perry" vote while Ron rides in on a white horse ... We'll see soon enough whether Iowans are serious about changing the course of this country.

specsaregood
07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Pawlenty friends say he's privately exasperated that, after rising from campaign driver to prosecutor to state House leader to governor, his presidential ambitions could be snuffed out by somebody who attained national stature without ever paying similar dues.

Oh poor baby. Only those who have paid their dues can be president. Screw you pawlenty.

To wit: the former governor and his team are preparing the ground to effectively disqualify the results of the event should other, more ideological candidates like Ron Paul finish at the top.

"Part of it is who else is in that top few," said Pawlenty. "If there's another person who emerges who's viewed in the long term as not credible than it affects our analysis of those results."

And yet you are putting all your chips on the table to try in vain to beat those you don't consider "credible".

Short on cash, pinned down in Iowa ahead of the August 13 straw poll and having to fend off a home-state politician he sees as little more than a gadfly – this is not where he expected to be at this stage of the campaign.

HAH, so now michele even gets to steal our claim to the gadfly label.

sailingaway
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh poor baby. Only those who have paid their dues can be president. Screw you pawlenty.

And yet you are putting all your chips on the table to try in vain to beat those you don't consider "credible".

Yeah, I noticed that, but coming from someone who polls so much worse against Obama, nationally, than Ron does, I think Pawlenty's is a losing strategy.

HAH, so now michele even gets to steal our claim to the gadfly label.

She's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya! ;)

trey4sports
07-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I noticed that, but coming from someone who polls so much worse against Obama, nationally, than Ron does, I think Pawlenty's is a losing strategy.

Pawlenty is dead in the water unless he wins.