PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous & Lulz Security Statement

tangent4ronpaul
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
http://pastebin.com/RA15ix7S

Hello thar FBI and international law authorities,

We recently stumbled across the following article with amazement and a certain amount of amusement:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/20/138555799/fbi-arrests-alleged-anonymous-hackers

The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this
article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are
happy to provide you with a response.

You state:

"We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable,
[even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely
unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and
your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell
you what WE find unacceptable:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep
them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.

* Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking
advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for
federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.

* Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits
higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around
the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough
so the status quo will never change.

These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to
fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly
includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to
us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your
citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our
mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you
can possibly to do make us stop.

"The Internet has become so important to so many people that we have to
ensure that the World Wide Web does not become the Wild Wild West."

Let me ask you, good sir, when was the Internet not the Wild Wild West? Do
you really believe you were in control of it at any point? You were not.

That does not mean that everyone behaves like an outlaw. You see, most
people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to. We become bandits
on the Internet because you have forced our hand. The Anonymous bitchslap rings
through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back - and we're
not going anywhere. Expect us.

==========

Supposedly they posted links to part of 1 GB of NATO files they just stole, but it's not part of this notice. Wonder if any of it is about Lybia.

Also, 21 of them got busted in the past week in the US, UK and Holland.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-21-2011, 02:27 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef015433e6ad49970c-600wi

squarepusher
07-21-2011, 02:29 PM
http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-lulzsec1606/1.jpeg

VBRonPaulFan
07-21-2011, 02:37 PM
god bless anon :)

dannno
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM
"...you cannot arrest an idea."

Powerful stuff.

dannno
07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I wonder how many of the arrests were of people who have no connection to anonymous, with the exception that their computer's identity was used by one of them.

HOLLYWOOD
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see any of these anon/lulz statements on Faso-Corporate MSM news airwaves?

Damn-It... I keep forgetting the corporate media is the 4th branch of the American governments.

JasonC
07-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I see groups like this giving the govmnt a reason to "regulate" the internet. Is it just me?

HOLLYWOOD
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I see groups like this giving the government a reason to "regulate" the internet. Is it just me?They already spy on all of us... they already log and record everything... the major communication platforms (Yahoo, MS, AT&T, Verison, Google, etc) already give all of our information to the government. The NSA is the largest user of data storage, followed by the FBI... anything that's sent over the airwaves or wire are collected and control by government. We've all heard plenty on their "programs" of data mining, failures and waste of taxpayer dollars.

Billions spent on spying just within the CONUS. Of course all of this is under the umbrella corporation of immunity and best interests of the United States .gov.(not so much the best interest of Americans, Main St. or the country)

PS: Not only do they spy on everyone... they gave themselves RETROACTIVE IMMUNITY when breaking the law.

fisharmor
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I wonder how many of the arrests were of people who have no connection to anonymous, with the exception that their computer's identity was used by one of them.

The safe money is on 21.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I see groups like this giving the govmnt a reason to "regulate" the internet. Is it just me?

on the contrary, it's in response to the government regulating the internet. I've caught my ISP blocking websites.

pcosmar
07-21-2011, 03:24 PM

What "reason" did they have when they started to regulate the internet years ago.

It is the response to government repression and regulation that created these groups.

:confused:

it's like saying Germany occupied Paris because of the french resistance.
:rolleyes:

Peace&Freedom
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
We all WISH there was an effective cyber group fighting off Big Brother, but what is the truth? The jury is still out as to whether Anon/Lulz is a genuine response to tyranny, or just another controlled government op that is making all its loud, conveniently timed noises to merely act as rainmakers to justify a new spate of cyber laws. Or is the group's purpose to serve as flypaper for the feds, to attract true hackivists to their 'cause,' only to get swiftly arrested?

yoshimaroka
07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Lulz security has got to be a CIA front or they are being used as a means to promote internet regulation, what with all the "hacking" memes in the MSM as of late.

The FBI could've easily subpoenaed Twitter account for lulzsec's info and they could've taken down their website like they took down thousands of websites already. The FBI doesn't even bother to do take the easiest of steps apparently.

It's theatre.

specsaregood
07-21-2011, 09:42 PM
This should prove interesting:

Anonymous announced on Twitter that they had retrieved a document from the U.S. Treasury providing previously unseen information on the debt ceiling.

The document, which is a page long, was not obtained through illegal methods, says group spokesman “An0n0ps”. In an exclusive online chat with TheDC, An0n0ps stated that the data contained in this document will be “surprising” and will be detrimental to the GOP’s efforts in settling the debt ceiling issue.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/21/anonymous-to-release-new-data-on-the-debt-ceiling/

Release 7/22
Friday Morning (7/22) at 7AM EST an0n0ps will be posting a major release concerning the #debt ceiling here in the USA.

Follow us on twitter: http://bit.ly/oPDO6U
Pastebin: http://bit.ly/n8W237
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/nAEbz5

squarepusher
07-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Lulz security has got to be a CIA front or they are being used as a means to promote internet regulation, what with all the "hacking" memes in the MSM as of late.

The FBI could've easily subpoenaed Twitter account for lulzsec's info and they could've taken down their website like they took down thousands of websites already. The FBI doesn't even bother to do take the easiest of steps apparently.

It's theatre.
I say give them a raise if it is true!

AuH20
07-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't trust Anon. They're statists who don't like the manner in which the state is being run.

ghengis86
07-21-2011, 10:01 PM

Anonymous announced on Twitter that they had retrieved a document from the U.S. Treasury providing previously unseen information on the debt ceiling.

The document, which is a page long, was not obtained through illegal methods, says group spokesman “An0n0ps”. In an exclusive online chat with TheDC, An0n0ps stated that the data contained in this document will be “surprising” and will be detrimental to the GOP’s efforts in settling the debt ceiling issue.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/21/anonymous-to-release-new-data-on-the-debt-ceiling/

I hope it's better than wikileaks devastating data dump that brought down Bank of America

JasonC
07-21-2011, 10:28 PM
It seems I may not have been clear enough with my statement. I wasn't saying I am against these groups or anything. In fact, I don't even know much about them. My point was that the govmnt will use groups like these as an excuse to put even more control and regulation on the internet--in typical govmnt fashion, of course.

josh b
07-21-2011, 10:46 PM
We all WISH there was an effective cyber group fighting off Big Brother, but what is the truth? The jury is still out as to whether Anon/Lulz is a genuine response to tyranny, or just another controlled government op that is making all its loud, conveniently timed noises to merely act as rainmakers to justify a new spate of cyber laws. Or is the group's purpose to serve as flypaper for the feds, to attract true hackivists to their 'cause,' only to get swiftly arrested?

Anonymous working for the government? lol, I really doubt it. The central hub of Anon is 4chan. That place is definitely not a secret gov operation. They're just a crazy bunch of hackers.

Nirvikalpa
07-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't trust Anon. They're statists who don't like the manner in which the state is being run.

Some, yes. A good number, no.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

http://pastebin.com/RA15ix7S

Hello thar FBI and international law authorities,

We recently stumbled across the following article with amazement and a certain amount of amusement:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/20/138555799/fbi-arrests-alleged-anonymous-hackers

The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this
article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are
happy to provide you with a response.

You state:

"We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable,
[even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely
unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and
your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell
you what WE find unacceptable:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep
them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.

* Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking
advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for
federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.

* Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits
higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around
the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough
so the status quo will never change.

These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to
fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly
includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to
us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your
citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our
mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you
can possibly to do make us stop.

"The Internet has become so important to so many people that we have to
ensure that the World Wide Web does not become the Wild Wild West."

Let me ask you, good sir, when was the Internet not the Wild Wild West? Do
you really believe you were in control of it at any point? You were not.

That does not mean that everyone behaves like an outlaw. You see, most
people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to. We become bandits
on the Internet because you have forced our hand. The Anonymous bitchslap rings
through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back - and we're
not going anywhere. Expect us.

==========

Supposedly they posted links to part of 1 GB of NATO files they just stole, but it's not part of this notice. Wonder if any of it is about Lybia.

Also, 21 of them got busted in the past week in the US, UK and Holland.

-t

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 05:50 AM

Well the site they were supposed to release it at:
http://an0n0ps.tumblr.com

was taken down before this latest release got out.

ghengis86
07-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Well the site they were supposed to release it at:
http://an0n0ps.tumblr.com

was taken down before this latest release got out.

Color me not surprised.

Kelly.
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
wonder where this release will pop up??
im interested to see it :)

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 08:47 AM
wonder where this release will pop up??
im interested to see it :)

Yeah, this was the last thing twitted:

an0n0psAnonOps
#anonops someone is following me. I have to re encrypt my release. Give me 15 mins. Apologies
3 hours ago

Perhaps they are just a bunch of drama queens.

pcosmar
07-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, this was the last thing twitted:

Perhaps they are just a bunch of drama queens.

perhaps they are actively hunted and know it.

SHTF ,,I will not be posting online. You may hear the noise,,but you won't see me.

specsaregood
07-22-2011, 09:14 AM
perhaps they are actively hunted and know it.

Certainly a possibility.

pcosmar
07-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Some investigative reporting,,,
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2096036/inquirer-reveals-appearance-hacker-leader-louise-boat?WT.rss_f=&WT.rss_a=The+INQUIRER+reveals+appearance+of+hacker +leader+Louise+Boat

lol

follow the links and related stories. Worth the lulz

Invi
07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
That response doesn't read like any release I have seen out of Anon before. Like, at all. And I'm pretty sure it's missing part of the usual closing line.
I realize they're not really an organized group, but their releases are usually written in a similar manner?
Maybe I'm imagining things. Or maybe some new kid decided it was his turn. I dunno. I'm a bit skeptical of it.

tropicangela
07-27-2011, 08:34 AM
http://pastebin.com/LAykd1es

Dear PayPal, its customers, and our friends around the globe,

This is an official communiqué from Anonymous and Lulz Security in the name of AntiSec.

In recent weeks, we've found ourselves outraged at the FBI's willingness to arrest and threaten those who are involved in ethical, modern cyber operations. Law enforcement continues to push its ridiculous rules upon us - Anonymous "suspects" may face a fine of up to 500,000 USD with the addition of 15 years' jailtime, all for taking part in a historical activist movement. Many of the already-apprehended Anons are being charged with taking part in DDoS attacks against corrupt and greedy organizations, such as PayPal.

What the FBI needs to learn is that there is a vast difference between adding one's voice to a chorus and digital sit-in with Low Orbit Ion Cannon, and controlling a large botnet of infected computers. And yet both of these are punishable with exactly the same fine and sentence.

In addition to this horrific law enforcement incompetence, PayPal continues to withhold funds from WikiLeaks, a beacon of truth in these dark times. By simply standing up for ourselves and uniting the people, PayPal still sees it fit to wash its hands of any blame, and instead encourages and assists law enforcement to hunt down participants in the AntiSec movement.

Quite simply, we, the people, are disgusted with these injustices. We will not sit down and let ourselves be trampled upon by any corporation or government. We are not scared of you, and that is something for you to be scared of. We are not the terrorists here: you are.

We encourage anyone using PayPal to immediately close their accounts and consider an alternative. The first step to being truly free is not putting one's trust into a company that freezes accounts when it feels like, or when it is pressured by the U.S. government. PayPal's willingness to fold to legislation should be proof enough that they don't deserve the customers they get. They do not deserve your business, and they do not deserve your respect.

Join us in our latest operation against PayPal - tweet pictures of your account closure, tell us on IRC, spread the word. Anonymous has become a powerful channel of information, and unlike the governments of the world, we are here to fight for you. Always.

Signed, your allies,

Lulz Security (unvanned)
Anonymous (unknown)
AntiSec (untouchable)

tropicangela
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
EBay stock value plunges over $1 billion amid ‘Anonymous’ boycott

Following the announcement of a boycott by hacktivist groups "Anonymous" and "LulzSec," shares in PayPal parent company eBay plunged by over $1 billion in value before perking back up as opportunistic investors bought into the company in hopes of a deal.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/27/paypal-boycott-chops-1-billion-off-ebay-stock-value-in-mere-hours/

jware
07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
So did they ever publish the document from the Treasury??