PDA

View Full Version : Mail Bombs? What do you think?

Chris from Upstate NY
07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Ok, so it seems like fundraising is covered by the moneybombs, and whether you hate em', love em' or otherwise, they have been getting the job done. There are a lot of people working on better ideas or more promotion of them. But what are we going to do about getting Dr. Paul some better media coverage?

How about we do a "Mail Bomb", specifically an e-mail bomb where one day a week we all pledge to e-mail a particular network show suggesting to get Ron Paul on and about the good he will do the country. Shows we could do would be like The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Daily Show, Colbert Report, etc. How many e-mails do you think The Today Show gets in one day? Imagine how flooded their inbox would be with Ron Paul e-mails! To do this we would need to really promote this, something I have no knowledge of. "Mail-Bomb Mondays" sounds kinda catchy to me. Maybe we could get a banner on the top of the site page every Monday to remind people. Every Monday the show that was decided will have their contact e-mail posted up so everyone will know where to send it. Every e-mail will have to be written in your own words briefly saying why you support Ron Paul and why you would like to see him on their show, this way they can't say we are spamming. We don't need to spend a lot of time deciding which show to write to the next week, there are plenty of weeks to come, we will be able to get every major show. Maybe there is a strategic order, save the best for last?

Tell me what you think, this came to me today while driving. Man its hot here in NY.

John of Des Moines
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
My two cents worth regarding "mail bombs": Bad idea. Too much bad mojo associated with the term "mail bomb."

RonPaul101.com
07-21-2011, 11:25 AM
My two cents worth regarding "mail bombs": Bad idea. Too much bad mojo associated with the term "mail bomb."

True, bad name but not necessarily a bad idea. The Media may not listen, but we won't know until we try.

Name, How about "Inbox Mondays" instead...?

Chris from Upstate NY
07-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah good point about the name... The media may not listen, true, but it will still send a message, and some shows will listen.

Ben Richards
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Hand written letters are worth more than a million e-mails, always.

Patriot123
07-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I think that would just annoy the networks rather than make them listen. I mean, it's creative, but... it would just create a LOT of animosity, I think. Imagine if the inbox of your companies employees were flooded by the same political group. What would you do? Block them, and then have a deep hatred for them, lol. If you were to go about doing something like this, I think you'd need to do it in a... very appropriate manner. Not just flooding inboxes with "Give Ron Paul media coverage!" You know? Ben (^^^) might be right -- if you're going to do this, if you handwrite them that... might work better. It still might have the same effect, though.

wizardwatson
07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I've already mailed out all the mail bombs I could afford this year.