PDA

View Full Version : Please start promoting the next moneybomb today and do it every day!

qwerty
07-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Letīs get Ron a BIG birthday present!

http://ronpaul1776.com/

AUGUST 20th is THE DAY!

Start promoting it and promote every day! Letīs make it HUGE! Start promoting early that people can save money!

qwerty
07-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Vote up in Reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/iwp4u/next_moneybomb_for_ron_paul_on_august_20th/

Matthew Zak
07-22-2011, 04:25 AM
We had two months to promote the last one, and it was a total dud. We have less than a month to do this... it might break $250,000, but I doubt it. Still worth promoting, of course... but let's not kid ourselves, it won't be big unless Ron Paul makes really big splashes.

It would be more beneficial to Ron's campaign and probably generate more "Revenue" if we just filled a back pack with fliers and told at least 5 new people in person about Ron Paul every day.

We're broke. We need more donors.

MelissaCato
07-22-2011, 04:49 AM
I think we need to change our tactics with these MoneyBombs especially if we have so many like every month. Promoting moneybombs all the time to the online community doesn't look good. IMO. :cool:

What we could do is some sort an drive get those Veteran RP post cards that were published last campaign, only change them to look like the "ready to restore america's prosperity" slimjim from the campaign store that have the donation section.

Then do like we did last campaign (with the Veteran post cards) and mail them out via postal service to promote a moneybomb. If we did this in all 50 states for a certain moneybomb we would also learn our numbers of those offline and offline is a whole new money pool. Offline support is the way to go if some say online is broke, which we are obviously.

We need something from the RonPaul2012 store so the mail outs are ligit and donations get mailed back to RonPaul2012.

JMO.

pacelli
07-22-2011, 05:44 AM
We had two months to promote the last one, and it was a total dud. We have less than a month to do this... it might break $250,000, but I doubt it. Still worth promoting, of course... but let's not kid ourselves, it won't be big unless Ron Paul makes really big splashes.

It would be more beneficial to Ron's campaign and probably generate more "Revenue" if we just filled a back pack with fliers and told at least 5 new people in person about Ron Paul every day.

We're broke. We need more donors.

Broke or already maxed out. I agree.

dbill27
07-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Every comment above is dead on, all those with lots to give are maxed out, there isn't much excitement to get new donors when there is a money bomb every month. We need a new way to promote because facebook and the internet seem to have taken us as far as we can get. It would be nice if a fundraiser went hand in hand with some kind of actual physical event.

The great thing about the bombs in 07 besides the money was the publicity, raising half a mill doesn't do that anymore. If we could have a fundraiser coinciding with some sort of huge march on washington or some event to get behind and actually see then we could raise more money and get the press.

Matthew Zak
07-22-2011, 06:06 AM
It's already the end of July...

August, September, NOVEMBER 5th, DECEMBER 16th.

In my opinion, if we want these money bombs to achieve what they are supposed to, we need to be focusing on those two dates, and that's it as far as money bombs go.

Arklatex
07-22-2011, 06:19 AM
I wonder what it would have been like if we planned only 3 money bombs,

an early season one
Nov 5th
Dec 16th

I could see that going nuts!!!

I must admit, I have never ever seen the buzz like I did for the very first money bomb, I mean every other youtube video I clicked on a comment, that's even how I first found out about the moneybombs! Most people don't know about them, those are the ones we need to reach!! Not the ones on this forum and our lists! We need like a new thing, a different type of organization, like a nationwide tea party, everyone just put on Ron Paul shirts, hold tea partys, give out bumper stickers at the grocery stores, give out free beer!! Things of this nature! Also we need hot females because they make everything easier!! Try going door to door, then try with a fine lady friend. 100x effectiveness.... it's the truth!

Matthew Zak
07-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I wonder what it would have been like if we planned only 3 money bombs,

an early season one
Nov 5th
Dec 16th

I could see that going nuts!!!

I must admit, I have never ever seen the buzz like I did for the very first money bomb, I mean every other youtube video I clicked on a comment, that's even how I first found out about the moneybombs! Most people don't know about them, those are the ones we need to reach!! Not the ones on this forum and our lists! We need like a new thing, a different type of organization, like a nationwide tea party, everyone just put on Ron Paul shirts, hold tea partys, give out bumper stickers at the grocery stores, give out free beer!! Things of this nature! Also we need hot females because they make everything easier!! Try going door to door, then try with a fine lady friend. 100x effectiveness.... it's the truth!

You just gave me an idea.

1. We should all order 100 or so of those button-sized stickers that promote Ron Paul in 2012.

2. We should all throw a HUGE PARTY. Go ahead and spend money on this thing -- make it epic. Have party music (throw a couple of Ron Paul tracks on the mix). Invite everyone you know and encourage them to invite people too. (Don't tell them it's Ron Paul themed).

3. Slap the Ron Paul stickers on every single beverage. Give beer away for free at the party. Have Ron Paul bumper stickers covering the keg. Put beer in the Ron Paul cooler. Or in the Ron Paul fridge. Put Ron Paul reading material in the bathroom. Leave some material laying around indicating that Ron Paul would remove that federal .08 limit leaving it to the states, as well as legalize pot. (What better time to reach that audience than during a party?)

You don't have to talk about Ron Paul at all if you don't want to, but don't you think people will ask? Especially if they don't already know who he is?

Napoleon's Shadow
07-22-2011, 06:42 AM
No, the next one needs to be the end of the quarter.

qwerty
07-22-2011, 07:16 AM
INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS FOR THE EVENT!

http://giacobam.blogspot.com/2011/03/inviting-all-your-friends-to-facebook.html

qwerty
07-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I think you guys ARE TOTALLY WRONG!

The campaign needs STEADY FLOW OF CASH, not just one or two big moneybombs( WE TRIED THAT LAST TIME!). Money will have greater impact when itīs spent now!

Nate-ForLiberty
07-22-2011, 08:03 AM

The campaign needs STEADY FLOW OF CASH, not just one or two big moneybombs( WE TRIED THAT LAST TIME!). Money will have greater impact when itīs spent now!

No one is saying "hold on to your cash", except those in favor of moneybombs. Moneybombs encourage donating at a later time as opposed to right now.

PaulConventionWV
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Broke or already maxed out. I agree.

This is not true. We have only raised 5 million dollars so far. We still have plenty of money left from our supporter base. Just because we burn out our supply every 2 weeks, doesn't mean we're broke. We need t wait awhile before the next one.

On another note, stop promoting your moneybomb like it's already settled! The August 20th moneybomb is a minority view on this board. This is very dishonest. We need to have an honest discussion. So far, the September 17th moneybomb has more support. It's also a much better date. Starting threads like this is just uncalled for and unnecessary and it's dishonest. Don't be a jackass.

PaulConventionWV
07-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Just stop it. We had only just thought of the moneybomb last time and it was too late. Waiting until September is not too late. August is too early.

UtahApocalypse
07-22-2011, 08:34 AM

This ^^^

For now On I will NOT donate on any Moneybomb day. I will be donating on my payday. Just as soon as I can get the campaign money it's going to them.

Matthew Zak
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
I would say scrap the money bomb completely and just donate as much as possible now. And donate again later if you can. That's serious support for a serious contender. But Ron Paul Nation (if you will) seems stuck on the money bomb and if we're going to do it I say let's do it right.

Personally though, I'm out-growing the money bomb concept. I think it's time we take to the streets. We need new ideas, and more activity. And we need it right now.

Eric21ND
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I would say scrap the money bomb completely and just donate as much as possible now. And donate again later if you can. That's serious support for a serious contender. But Ron Paul Nation (if you will) seems stuck on the money bomb and if we're going to do it I say let's do it right.

Personally though, I'm out-growing the money bomb concept. I think it's time we take to the streets. We need new ideas, and more activity. And we need it right now.

Thankfully you're not in charge of raising money. The Ames money asked for 500k and we delivered over 600k fyi.

qwerty
07-22-2011, 12:09 PM
PaulConventionWV

You are dead to me...

Arklatex
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
The moneybomb is still our weapon, we just need another intuitive idea! And make it huge! Completely befuddle the media and establishment like they don't know what in the world happened!

think... think... think...

Side note! Who here doesn't have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on their vehicle!! That's major free moving billboard space right there!

Matthew Zak
07-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Thankfully you're not in charge of raising money. The Ames money asked for 500k and we delivered over 600k fyi.

What do they know that we don't know? Somehow we pulled in over a million with the previous one with less time to prepare.

jp5065
07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
My thoughts (posted in grassroots a min ago)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304562-About-moneybombs-and-other-things

I have seen a lot of confusion and disappointment recently about moneybombs and what should be the best way for the grassroots to spend our money. Although I do not post often here, I have been lurking almost everyday since mid 2007 and have seen what this board can do. So I offer my opinion as to how we should proceed regarding these matters.

The moneybombs in the 2008 campaign were amazing, they were a new creative idea that sparked a lot of excitement in the community and they brought in a lot of money. These days the moneybomb is feeling a little stale. The original idea behind the moneybomb was to make a media splash, to get people to notice Ron Paul and take him seriously. The problem with recent moneybombs is that if you don't out-due your last moneybomb the media has no real interest, also most people already know who Ron Paul is this time around and the media, most of the time, is portraying him as top tier.

So what is the point of the moneybomb this time around? Is it to make a media splash? Or is it just to fund the campaign? If it is to just fund the campaign it should be scraped all together, "give early give often" is a much better mantra for financing the campaign. If we intend to ever make another media splash with moneybombs we need to change our strategy a bit. It seems to me as soon a moneybomb is over these days people are scrambling to be the first to suggest the day of the next moneybomb, next month. Moneybombs need to be special, they need to be BIG, and we need time to reload.

Here is what I propose:

Two more moneybombs for the official campaign until the primary
A Revolution PAC moneybomb
Start getting creative and come up with a new fundraising idea

Limiting the moneybombs to two and setting both dates soon will give the grassroots direction and focus. It will give people clear goals to save up for down the road and give them the time to actually put some money together.

I also think we should have a moneybomb for Revolution PAC. And with this moneybomb I'm not talking about your average Ron Paul supporter giving $20.12 or even $100. I'm talking about networking with wealthy people who can contribute large portions of money. Remember there is no cap on donations to this PAC. How many celebrities support our freedom movement? What if we could convince them to all donate to Revolution PAC on the same day?

The moneybomb was a brand new creative idea back in 2007. we need some new creative ideas. So let's not just fall back on the old moneybomb idea, but move forward, maybe someone has an idea that will be even bigger!

qwerty
07-22-2011, 11:37 PM
People spread the word! We need to give ron paul a hyge birthday present!

MelissaCato
07-23-2011, 07:00 AM
I think for this Birthday moneybomb one I'm gonna advertise in my local area offline. hand out some of these Donation Slim Jims (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/slim-jim-4x9-issue-card-packs/restore-americas-prosperity-pack-of-100/). Try to bring in new donors.

I have the mailing list for all the wards intown of the 17th district, I'll start with my ward and branch out. I have about 210 of these cards now and I ordered another 200.. if anyone can send me some more it would be greatly appreciated. I'll add a note indicating Ron Paul's birthday moneybomb August 20th then walk around dropping them off. I need like an additional 700 if possible. That will cover the 4th and 5th ward as known Republicans. PM me for my address if you can send me more of these cards. Thanks. I always did like canvassing, might as well start early. :cool:

muh_roads
07-23-2011, 07:37 AM
It may sound silly, but I think what motivated people in 2007 to donate so much was all of those great youtube videos. People aren't really putting together impressive videos this go around. The campaign this time feels sort of hollow without them. There used to be competitions and prizes awarded to those with the best RP videos from some rich guy...which brought the best video creators out of the woodwork.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-23-2011, 08:26 AM
No, end of the quarter.