PDA

View Full Version : Enthusiastic voice recording needed ASAP, female preferred [URGENT]

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I'd like to get a good recording of the following text by 5pm Central:

Thank you for supporting Ron Paul for president! Did you know that you can help put Ron Paul on the path to victory in the Iowa caucuses by voting for him in the Ames straw poll on Saturday, August 13? Ron Paul is making it both fun and easy for you to attend by providing free transportation, food and entertainment for the family. Please visit Ron Paul Iowa dot com to find out more. Once again, please visit Ron Paul Iowa dot com. To receive this web address as a text message, press 1 now.

Record it as a 8-bit Mu-law PCM wave .wav file if you can. If you don't know what that means, then just record it however you can and send me the file as an attachment to r, gear, y, i, i, i, at g, mail, dot, com . (No commas.) If I get more than one submission, that's fine--we'll be trying a variety of them.

This message will be played to everyone who indicates and confirms that they support Ron Paul during my robopolls, so do a good job--Ron Paul's success in the straw poll depends on YOU!!!!

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 10:21 AM
By the way, I registered RonPaulIowa.com so that I have an easy-to-remember URL that points directly to the ticket purchase form at IowaForRonPaul.com .

erowe1
07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Contact Shelly Roche. If she can't do it, she can probably get you in touch with someone else who can.
https://www.facebook.com/shellyjroche

specsaregood
07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
//

erowe1
07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
For future reference, I thought I remembered professional voice over people offering their talents on the forum in 2007, and I just searched and found a few. Here's one that's female:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?21675-Voiceover-Pro-Available-For-Free

There was another thread where Tangent said he knew a female voice over pro he could get people in touch with if they pm-ed him.

parocks
07-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Why 8 bit? might you want to get a higher quality audio track and then downconvert it to your specifications.
Either way, sounds good.

What's the latest with the calling project?

What happened?

I'd like to get a good recording of the following text by 5pm Central:

Record it as a 8-bit Mu-law PCM wave .wav file if you can. If you don't know what that means, then just record it however you can and send me the file as an attachment to r, gear, y, i, i, i, at g, mail, dot, com . (No commas.) If I get more than one submission, that's fine--we'll be trying a variety of them.

This message will be played to everyone who indicates and confirms that they support Ron Paul during my robopolls, so do a good job--Ron Paul's success in the straw poll depends on YOU!!!!

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Why 8 bit? might you want to get a higher quality audio track and then downconvert it to your specifications.
Either way, sounds good.

8 bit is what the robocalling system broadcasts. Recording it according to the specs needed is usually better than conversion in my experience. It also allows me to hear what it will sound like before testing it with phone calls.

Renee Daphne
07-21-2011, 11:01 AM
We can do one right now and send if you're still in need.

Renee Kimball
Flourish.US

parocks
07-21-2011, 11:06 AM
8 bit is what the robocalling system broadcasts. Recording it according to the specs needed is usually better than conversion in my experience. It also allows me to hear what it will sound like before testing it with phone calls.

And, it really doesn't matter, it isn't a cd.

What is the overall status of the calling project?

Presumably you're going to some numbers with this message.

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:07 AM
We can do one right now and send if you're still in need.

Renee Kimball
Flourish.US

Yes, I believe I sent you an email.

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
What is the overall status of the calling project?

Things are looking better. Jun (tobefree) has sent me a preview of his report based on follow-up calls to the 312 phone numbers he bought and he's agreed to promote both IowaForRonPaul.com and his rp2012.org voucher offer in follow-up calls. The robopoll itself will promote IowaForRonPaul.com to Ron Paul supporters, which will hopefully result in some ticket sales for the campaign before phonebankers reach them.

You're welcome to purchase more phone number lists.

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:17 AM

trey4sports
07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
one minor thing, isn't the ticket $10 rather than free?

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:24 AM
one minor thing, isn't the ticket $10 rather than free?

Yes. But the items listed are free with the ticket.

Does this seem like it could be a problem?

specsaregood
07-21-2011, 11:24 AM
//

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe I should add "with your tickets". I'd rather not mention any prices in the recording if I don't have to.

rp08orbust
07-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Just sent.

Received, thank you!

tangent4ronpaul
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
For future reference, I thought I remembered professional voice over people offering their talents on the forum in 2007, and I just searched and found a few. Here's one that's female:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?21675-Voiceover-Pro-Available-For-Free

There was another thread where Tangent said he knew a female voice over pro he could get people in touch with if they pm-ed him.

I PM'd him my contacts earlier. There were several females on the list.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I am going to call out Amy. I don't know if she can but she would have a perfect voice for something like this.

amy31416
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
I am going to call out Amy. I don't know if she can but she would have a perfect voice for something like this.

Well thanks, but I tried doing this one other time, and something got messed up with the phone system and I felt bad because I said I would do it, then couldn't carry it out. Very nice of you to say though. :)