PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s Dilemma in Iowa

bobbyw24
07-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Ron Paul may be in the ultimate damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t situation as next month’s Ames Straw Poll draws closer.

When he ran in 2007, the Texas congressman managed just 9% in the quadrennial poll. Since that time, his reputation as the king of the Republican straw polls has grown. This year, Paul reeled off high-profile wins at the Conservative Political Action Conference and Republican Leadership Conference as well as smaller events around the country.

Paul is also spending and organizing for Ames in a way that he didn’t in 2007. He has increased his time in Iowa and made the second-largest media buy of the election cycle. His son, Tea Party favorite Senator Rand Paul, is traveling the state on his dad’s behalf. Ron Paul also purchased the most prominent location for the daylong fair and straw poll.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/20/ron-pauls-dilemma/#ixzz1SjYKFZDQ

LibertyEagle
07-21-2011, 04:50 AM
If, on the other hand, Paul finishes first or second, it will feed the narrative that he’s a straw-poll paper tiger with a small but devoted legion of fans that swamped Ames from around the country. The media will give itself permission to ignore the result and instead focus on the “serious” candidates. After a couple of news cycles, it will all be forgotten. While this scenario would do some damage to other candidates, it would serve Congressman Paul little.

Except for the fact, Don, that only Iowans can vote in the Iowa Straw Poll. But, thanks for the shitty article anyway. :rolleyes:

Napoleon's Shadow
07-21-2011, 06:11 AM
I think he used to work for RP in 2008.

Badger Paul
07-21-2011, 06:40 AM
it will feed the narrative that he’s a straw-poll paper tiger with a small but devoted legion of fans that swamped Ames from around the country.

Which of course is utterly untrue and the author knows it. Only Iowans can vote in this poll. That's what makes it different from all other straw polls. That's what gives it relevance, otherwise it would just be another straw poll.

Gee, maybe I will stay at home if there's going to be media people trying pull this crap off. Then again it's Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller so par for the course.

sailingaway
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I posted this in HT, I figured Rasmussen was doing his absolute best to make sure Ron is marginalized no matter what happens.