PDA

View Full Version : Shocker! not really-6 seconds go missing from video of Bakerfield shooting

ravedown
07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Holy shit, how totally obvious does it have to get? first the video in the vegas shooting gets "damaged" now the Bakersfield cops that shot that ex-football player get off because the video has missing footage..hahahaha wtf?
some real shitty journalism here too. all emotional pandering with the info buried in the end,

Sheriff's review board: Fatal shooting of David Turner within policy
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x1206332303/Sheriffs-review-board-Fatal-shooting-of-David-Turner-within-policy

Legend1104
07-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Wait just a second... I am sure there is a logical explanation for this cover-up.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
!!!

brushfire
07-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Un f'n real...

squarepusher
07-21-2011, 07:53 PM
After the search Turner picks up the bags he set down and turns to walk away. One deputy follows him and can be seen striking Turner while the other deputy moves to keep the other individuals -- who included Turner's 19-year-old son, according to reports -- back from the confrontation.

But the video cuts out just before the fatal shotting, omitting a crucial six-second segment.

Youngblood said the video was on a motion sensor and the camera shut off for a brief time until additional motion triggered it to start recording again.

//// Wouldn't there be a way to verify if the motion detector story is legitimate or not?

Watch
07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Only way to find out if the motion detect stuff is bogus is to know the make and model of the camera. Here at my work, our cameras rarely go into stand-by mode(when no motion is detected). Also, it takes more than just a few seconds of no motion for them to go into that loop. Maybe it can be preset to a certain time, who knows. Doesn't really matter, the whole thing is BS.

devil21
07-22-2011, 01:02 AM
I dont buy that motion story for one second. Conveniently the entire part where the officer is allegedly attacked is GONE. How do you rule something justified if the entire part of incident that makes it justified is completely gone?? The video simply didn't show what the cops claimed and had to be "fixed".

Im increasingly considering that every time I happen to be in the vicinity of a police officer, the odds of me dying increase dramatically.