PDA

View Full Version : Fox News at it again...

RonPaulFever
10-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Ron Paul Supporters May Be Using 'Botnets'

http ://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307056,00.html

(cut and paste link, remove space after http)

me3
10-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Belongs in the news forum.

Richandler
10-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Stop watching Fox News now. In fact stay away from all MSM as much as possible. Don't pander to their interests.

Pete Kay
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Somebody needs to goto the Foxnews headquarters and start crackin skulls! Pronto!

progrock
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Univ. of Alabama Birmingham's Gary Warner (the researcher quoted in the story) has this interesting connection: President Birmingham InfraGard

(Non-Profit; 10,001 or more employees; Civic & Social Organization industry)

September 2001 — Present (6 years 2 months)

InfraGard is a public private partnership between the FBI and those who are in charge of protecting our Nation's Critical Infrastructures, be they in Government, Corporate America, or Academia. We have 16,000 members organized into 86 chapters. Gary is currently the President of the Birmingham chapter, and is the SouthEast Regional Coordinator, which is a communications-facilitation position between FBI HQ and the leadership of the 20 chapters in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and North and South Carolina.

literatim
10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
The mainstream media is getting pretty desperate. :)

steph3n
10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
condemn the spammers that did this, that is the only, and proper response.

rp4prez
10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
if you look the story is actually from wired.com

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot

pcosmar
10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
condemn the spammers that did this, that is the only, and proper response.

As yet there are only allegations.
Are they Ron Paul supporters?
Was a supporters computer compromised?
Is this an attack by some rival?

Too many questions, and not enough evidence to condemn anyone.

Brutus
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
So, I can get a thousand enhancement e-mails, two thousand "please help me get my money out of suck-i-tania" pleas and three thousand offers for rolex look alike watches every day, but someone does a spam with the name Ron Paul in it and it is a criminal act?

garrettwombat
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
egggghh i just think its funny how stupid they are starting to sound.
they are apparently very afraid... and they should be.....

American
10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Whats this, I think this is also a repost that is in the news section.

Hi Everybody!
The fake Ron Paul article we talked about on aim has been published. Hopefully it will help accomplish your goals.

Please email me your feedback stirland@gmail.com

Also, please send my payment via paypal to the above email addy.

I can't vote for Rudy, i'm not a citizen, but hope this article helps.

Kudos!
Sarah
http://www.rudygiulianiforum.com/index.php?topic=34.0

Of course its all hearsay, but I found this this afternoon?

K1RBY
10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
i honestly do not believe this story. this is something they can toss out there to stir shit up, and they will never have to prove what they say is true.

garrettwombat
10-31-2007, 10:26 PM
wow if we were all a bunch of hackers and botters im pretty sure stirland@gmail.com would be toast

Highmesa
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
if you look the story is actually from wired.com

Yes, it came from Wired. You can go over there and give the author a piece of your mind for this shoddy piece. She's trying to defend her thinly veiled, piece of crap accusations in the comments.

yaz
10-31-2007, 10:36 PM
i'm a bot. shhh don't tell anyone.

RevolutionSD
10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
They're clearly trying to dig up dirt on supporters since there is none on Ron Paul. Faux News is laughable. Why give them any credibility?

filmmaker58
10-31-2007, 10:42 PM
The last Fox debate had a phone poll. Are we all using Phonebots too? Pretty well equiped group.

jd603
10-31-2007, 11:06 PM
This is absolute bull.... probably the most outrageous thing I've seen in awhile. Anyone involved with supporting his campaign knows we aren't a "botnet" and we "aren't just the internet" . :)

slantedview
10-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Hahahahaha. Fox news is so pathetic. What losers.

sickmint79
11-01-2007, 12:16 AM
well, the e-mails are true. i was annoyed to see them. but i got them. as did a friend who isn't trolling around ron paul stuff constantly. dunno what idiot is running a spam campaign under the guise that it is a good idea. very stupid. but, true - there is ron paul spam out there. i've deleted at least 4 e-mails.

CMoore
11-01-2007, 12:28 AM
I read the Wired article and then I read the CAN-SPAM act. The act is directed specifically to COMMERCIAL email. Since there is a distinction between commercial speech and political speech, the argument could be made there is also a distinction between commercial email and political email. This is not an attempt to justify spamming people with Ron Paul email, but rather to point out that the so-called "researcher" is pretty much ignorant of the law. I am worried that someone with FBI ties is attempting to smear the campaign and label them as criminals. Given how much spam is out there on the internet, it is strange to me that this guy is singling out the Ron Paul campaign.

eloquensanity
11-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Maybe some of the Huckabee trolls did it.
j/k ......sort of.

aravoth
11-01-2007, 12:53 AM
These guys are idiots. If I was going to hack anything, I'd bring down everything they had connected to the internet, I wouldn't waste my time on some meaningless poll.

foofighter20x
11-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Anyone could have done this attack from behind the anonymity that is pervasive throughout the internet.

It very well could be that opponents of Dr Paul are doing this just to smear him.

It's called planting evidence. :rolleyes:

lapi7
11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL...READ THIS...IF IT WE"RE NOT SO TRUE IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!

I wonder how a computer bot or a cell phone bot can produce over $5 million dollars in the 3rd quarter and most likley over $10 million dollars in this 4th quater?

FOX News will most likley say "It's not real money...Ron Paul supporters have somehow hacked into the computers that relay the final quarter figures to make it "APPEAR" as if Ron Paul has this money...when after talking to a true computer finance wizard (who works for the Guliani Campagin) informs us that according to his calculations Ron Paul really has only $63.22...yes, that's right folks, you heard it first here on FOX"

RON PAUL wins the New Hampshire Primary!!!

Here's a FOX News Special Report...Ron Paul has not...repeat...HAS NOT won the New Hampshire Primary. FOX News has found an expert in mesmerism and hypnosis (who works for the Guliani Campagin) who, according to his expert opinion, tells us that all the people of New Hampshire were mesmerized by Ron Paul supporters and implanted with the suggestion "Vote for Ron Paul...Vote for Ron Paul" This diabolical mind twisting took place ovrer a peroid of several months and thus makes it APPEAR that Ron Paul won the primary when in fact he actually came in 38th out of the 8 candidates. FOX News is currently in touch with the Bush Administration as well as the Supreme Court to resolve this insane twisting of the truth. Yes, that's right folks, you heard it first here on FOX"

lapi7
11-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Don't laugh...that's how desperate and frightened these people are!!!

framecut
11-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Somebody needs to goto the Foxnews headquarters and start crackin skulls! Pronto!

Dr. Paul loves the Fox network audience. He repeatedly mentioned this in his post-interview debates.

So if you want to 'crack skulls', Dr. Paul would have to be the first one since he supports the 1st Amendment (And Fox's right to report).

Want to win over people to Dr. Paul's campaign? Simple: ENCOURAGE DEBATE.

pcosmar
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Dr. Paul loves the Fox network audience. He repeatedly mentioned this in his post-interview debates.

So if you want to 'crack skulls', Dr. Paul would have to be the first one since he supports the 1st Amendment (And Fox's right to report).

Want to win over people to Dr. Paul's campaign? Simple: ENCOURAGE DEBATE.

Debate is fine.
This borders on slander.
The 1st amendment does not protect slander.

framecut
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Debate is fine.
This borders on slander.
The 1st amendment does not protect slander.

I'd rather have a *lot* of "borderline slander" than to encroach on the 1st amendment.