PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Impact of a Perry entry or Palin entry, or both?

Pro-Life Libertarian
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
What would an entry by Rick Perry do to Ron Paul's chances?

What would an entry by Sarah Palin do to Ron Paul's chances?

What would an entry of Rick Perry and Sarah Palin do to Ron Paul's chances?

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, we've seen some polls, one today puttiing him ahead of Ron which is irritating because he hasn't declared and without him, Ron might have been 3rd nationally (instead of 4th). However, the truth is those who don't know him are more likely to think he is tea party than those who do. But I think people will find out. I think he will get genuine neocon/globalist support and confused tea party support at first, and by the end a most of the tea party support will be gone. I think he dilutes the establishment vote.

Palin helps them at this point, but that is because currently it is Bachmann getting the 'drifting conservative vote' that went first to Trump, then to Cain and now is with Bachmann (and may go temporarily to Perry). Before she announced Ron had more of it, so some may come back to him if she doesn't come in. Right now, though, it mostly hurts Bachmann and actually levels things for Ron a bit.

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
The latter might be the best because otherwise I think eventually Palin might endorse Perry, which would be a bad combination. Ron's people aren't leaving Ron. Those who end up really looking into issues will likely consider Ron. It is good to split up the dazed and confused between other candidates and not have them all go to one 'popular' one.

wgadget
07-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't get all the hoo-ha about how great Texas' economy is...It's a lie.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-taxes/2011-budget-shortfall/about/

parocks
07-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Palin will be a strong candidate. The most popular and the most famous Republican to Republicans.

Perry will do well in the south. He hurts Gingrich.

Perry is evil, Bilderberg, "international conspiracy". Having Bilderberg on his resume means some people certainly like him. The bad guys.