PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Campaign has hired Jack Hunter?

Guitarzan
07-20-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59519.html#ixzz1Sgr0uXmO

CLARIFICATION: An earlier version of this article listed Jack Hunter as one of the organizers of the Revolution PAC, using information from the group. He has recently been hired by Paul’s campaign and cut his affiliation with the PAC

:)

muzzled dogg
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
wow

Carehn
07-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Not the Southern Avenger!!!
http://www.imaginarylife.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/guy-williams-as-zorro.jpg

Carehn
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
"CLARIFICATION: An earlier version of this article listed Jack Hunter as one of the organizers of the Revolution PAC, using information from the group. He has recently been hired by Paul’s campaign and cut his affiliation with the PAC."

flightlesskiwi
07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
I ♥ the Southern Avenger!!

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 06:10 PM
so what's he doing for the campaign?

Carehn
07-20-2011, 06:13 PM
so what's he doing for the campaign?

He will be avenging.

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
He will be avenging.

+rep

LibertyEagle
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Good for the campaign!! You guys are rockin' it, this time around. :)

wealeat
07-20-2011, 07:22 PM
This is definitely one of the best campaign news days I've seen. RevolutionPAC led by Tom Woods and now Jack Hunter being hired by the campaign.

:D

RCA
07-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Guns bans galore.

specsaregood
07-20-2011, 08:57 PM
so what does he bring to the campaign? does he have a lot of influence in SC or something?

brushfire
07-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm down with Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQUqqXoHauE

bolidew
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
He can help to shape up some talking points for Ron.

specsaregood
07-20-2011, 09:14 PM
He can help to shape up some talking points for Ron.

meh, wealready have hires that can do that. i hope it is more than that

RCA
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm down with Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQUqqXoHauE

I'm not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOz0jnOxPg4

JamesButabi
07-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I know Jack played a pretty important role in Rands campaign as well. Im lovin it :)

brushfire
07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not

He's arguing states rights - he's got a lot of work ahead of him, and a lot of other infringements to reverse (beyond the 2nd amendment).

NewRightLibertarian
07-20-2011, 09:27 PM
so what does he bring to the campaign?

He's brilliant. He brings that to the campaign. He's the guy you want carefully managing the message of the campaign IMO

RCA
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
He's arguing states rights - he's got a lot of work ahead of him, and a lot of other infringements to reverse (beyond the 2nd amendment).

State's don't have rights, individuals do. This man got it right when the issue was up for debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE&feature=related#t=2m05s

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 09:32 PM
He's brilliant. He brings that to the campaign. He's the guy you want carefully managing the message of the campaign IMO

We know he's smart, but the question is what will he be doing for the campaign?

brushfire
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
State's don't have rights, individuals do. This man got it right when the issue was up for debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE&feature=related#t=2m05s
The point Jack is trying to make goes beyond the 2nd amendment. "States rights" is referring to the 10th Amendment, and the unintended consequences of giving the Federal government jurisdiction over the States. I've been very fortunate to meet and speak with Otis McDonald on a couple of occasions - I'm thrilled we won in SCOTUS, and I'm looking forward to Shepard v Madigan. Just the same, I cant deny the overall point that Jack is trying to make. I dont dislike him for not wanting the Federal government to intervene - I've taken the same stance on the Thune amendment. I must admit, even to myself, that its probably too late to "sew the balls" back on the 10th amendment.

RCA
07-20-2011, 09:40 PM
The point Jack is trying to make goes beyond the 2nd amendment. "States rights" is referring to the 10th Amendment, and the unintended consequences of giving the Federal government jurisdiction over the States. I've been very fortunate to meet and speak with Otis McDonald on a couple of occasions - I'm thrilled we won in SCOTUS, and I'm looking forward to Shepard v Madigan. Just the same, I cant deny the overall point that Jack is trying to make. I dont dislike him for not wanting the Federal government to intervene - I've taken the same stance on the Thune amendment. I must admit, even to myself, that its probably too late to "sew the balls" back on the 10th amendment.

I'm an ancap. I don't think any State should exist, let alone have fictitious rights.

brushfire
07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm an ancap. I don't think any State should exist, let alone have fictitious rights.

Then there's a heck of a lot we still have in common - but perhaps not this.

NewRightLibertarian
07-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Fair enough. But don't you think states rights are better than the current federal government dominated system? States rights is an easier idea to sell to conservatives than anarcho capitalism & it's a good stepping stone to get to freedom

RCA
07-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Fair enough. But don't you think states rights are better than the current federal government dominated system? States rights is an easier idea to sell to conservatives than anarcho capitalism & it's a good stepping stone to get to freedom

In the U.S., I believe there is only one State that has many different departments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISm7IJosMU

Carehn
07-20-2011, 10:06 PM

You would argue with a possum. In this case i agree with you but god damn I am willing to support state rights if it slows down the fed.

RCA
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
You would argue with a possum. In this case i agree with you but god damn I am willing to support state rights if it slows down the fed.

Either taxation is theft or it is not. What's your position?

mconder
07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Awesome.

Tom in NYC
07-20-2011, 10:32 PM
This is a great hire. Jack puts things in ways that really hit voters the right way. He'll flourish in whatever capacity he's assigned.

Matt Collins
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes it's true, more will be released ASAP.

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes it's true, more will be released ASAP.

Such a tease!

Can't release anything regarding his status in the campaign? Possible South Carolina staff position, or a national position?

KingRobbStark
07-20-2011, 10:43 PM
This is a great addition to the team. I hope he surfs this forum often though.

Carehn
07-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Either taxation is theft or it is not. What's your position?

O its theft alright. But im not about to alienate myself from the rest of the world just to fit in with the 7 ancaps that exist in America. I feel its best to try and reason with people and work with them when it fits. States don't have rights and Zorro knows that. Its a saying that im willing to put up with because it advocates power moving in the direction of the individual. When we get to the point that we are arguing over county right and individual rights i will leave him behind but till them im willing to work with the man.

http://www.bobinoz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/possum-by-andyroo64.jpg

angelatc
07-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Such a tease!

Can't release anything regarding his status in the campaign? Possible South Carolina staff position, or a national position?

Matt's such a drama queen. Did anybody ask if it was true? No, they didn't.

Jack's guest hosting on the Mike Church show tomorrow from 6-9 AM EST. Somebody with satellite radio should call in and ask him: 866-95-PATRIOT.

PaulConventionWV
07-20-2011, 10:53 PM

Then your problem isn't just with Jack Hunter.

bunklocoempire
07-20-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna get alot of mileage with fence sitters out of this. The fence sitters I deal with do love the Avenger.:)

Bunkloco

NewRightLibertarian
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
In the U.S., I believe there is only one State that has many different departments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISm7IJosMU

Do you have your own arguments or are you just going to defer to a philosopher because you are lazy?

I want to know why you don't support states rights. Please make an argument yourself without relying on another person.

Carehn
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Do you have your own arguments or are you just going to defer to a philosopher because you are lazy?

I want to know why you don't support states rights. Please make an argument yourself without relying on another person.

A state is just an organization that does not deal in reason, trade, and all the other means by witch men live. A state uses force. Now it does have all the other rights an individual would have, yet no individual has the right to enslave, murder, rob. If a person gets his property by theft he has no right to it. if a person runs his shop with slaves he has no right to the product of his shop. if a person kills he has no right to live. DON"T pick through the details, you know damn well what i mean.

That's why a state can never have rights unless it starts existing like a civilized person. Individuals and or groups cannot lay claim to rights they them self's do not respect.

If a state is 100% voluntary it has a right to rights. But in that case it would just be like a corporation running condos and land and stuff.

Rights are a thing of reason and i think it was Rand who said 'reason ends where a gun begins.'
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/26/2674/L42UD00Z/art-print/eric-woods-common-brushtail-possum-queensland-australia.jpg

RCA
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Then your problem isn't just with Jack Hunter.

I never said it was.

RCA
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM

I've already done that>>>All taxation is theft. Now, it's your turn to tell me why a state SHOULD exist and why taxation of any kind is moral.

RCA
07-20-2011, 11:25 PM
A state is just an organization that does not deal in reason, trade, and all the other means by witch men live. A state uses force. Now it does have all the other rights an individual would have, yet no individual has the right to enslave, murder, rob. If a person gets his property by theft he has no right to it. if a person runs his shop with slaves he has no right to the product of his shop. if a person kills he has no right to live. DON"T pick through the details, you know damn well what i mean.

That's why a state can never have rights unless it starts existing like a civilized person. Individuals and or groups cannot lay claim to rights they them self's do not respect.

If a state is 100% voluntary it has a right to rights. But in that case it would just be like a corporation running condos and land and stuff.

Rights are a thing of reason and i think it was Rand who said 'reason ends where a gun begins.'
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/26/2674/L42UD00Z/art-print/eric-woods-common-brushtail-possum-queensland-australia.jpg

Nice.

iamse7en
07-21-2011, 12:40 AM
"Governments were instituted of God for the benefit of man; and that he holds men accountable for their acts in relation to them, both in making laws and administering them, for the good and safety of society."

"Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you...in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land. And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil."

Paul Revered
07-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Couldn't find that one.

"Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins." --Ayn Rand

RCA
07-21-2011, 01:11 AM
"Governments were instituted of God for the benefit of man; and that he holds men accountable for their acts in relation to them, both in making laws and administering them, for the good and safety of society."

"Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you...in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land. And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil."

What about "Thou Shalt Not Steal"? Does it not apply to everybody? After all, governments are nothing more than a few people doing bad things to others and getting away with it.

TER
07-21-2011, 01:18 AM
This is great news! :)

Tarzan
07-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Matt's such a drama queen. Did anybody ask if it was true? No, they didn't.

You shouldn't be unkind to Matt...
It appears he is unable to keep from being an :collins:hole

Thanks goodness Matt is here post unattributed information (that sailingaway found and posted hours earlier), without proper links and pretend to have secret insider information. It saves all of us here the trouble of having to watch Reality TV shows or Entertainment Tonight.

devil21
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
This is a great addition to the team. I hope he surfs this forum often though.

He does follow the forum occasionally.

Cap
07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
This is good news!

HOLLYWOOD
07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Have you added supporting comments to the POLITICO article?

Matt Collins
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Matt's such a drama queen.

You shouldn't be unkind to Matt...
It appears he is unable to keep from being an :collins:hole

Thanks goodness Matt is here post unattributed information (that sailingaway found and posted hours earlier), without proper links and pretend to have secret insider information. It saves all of us here the trouble of having to watch Reality TV shows or Entertainment Tonight.
That's because the two of you are highly ignorant of what is actually going on behind the scenes. :rolleyes:

Aratus
07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Matt...

okay...

spill...

you have
MY okay!

devil21
07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
From my inbox, RP2012 press release:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110721006908/en/Ron-Paul-Campaign-Welcomes-Jack-Hunter-2012

Ron Paul Campaign Welcomes Jack Hunter to 2012 Team
‘Southern Avenger’ signs on to blog, energize voters

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The campaign for 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has gained a key media figure with the hiring of conservative commentator and columnist Jack Hunter as official campaign blogger.

“Jack Hunter is one of the nation’s foremost conservative commentators and his signing onto the campaign as blogger will be a great help in spreading Dr. Paul’s message of limited government and individual liberty”

“It is a genuine privilege to be a part of the Ron Paul 2012 presidential campaign,” Hunter said. “Dr. Paul’s common sense and consistency with respect to truly authentic conservatism has gained wider attention, and he is the one candidate that takes principled stands on every issue.”

Hunter, a long-time radio host and The American Conservative Magazine columnist, is a prominent figure on the conservative political scene. He also assisted Sen. Rand Paul with his book The Tea Party Goes to Washington.

“Jack Hunter is one of the nation’s foremost conservative commentators and his signing onto the campaign as blogger will be a great help in spreading Dr. Paul’s message of limited government and individual liberty,” said Ron Paul 2012 spokesman Jesse Benton.

Hunter has worked for WTMA 1250 AM talk radio in Charleston, South Carolina, and writes a column for the Charleston City Paper. Jack also produces widely popular weekly video podcasts. In officially joining the Ron Paul 2012 presidential campaign, Mr. Hunter has stepped down from his position as an Advisory Board Member of the Revolution Super PAC.