PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Day Money Bomb?

Raw Liver
07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
September 17th is constitution day. There are roughly 5,000 words in the full text of the Constitution of the United States (Bill of Rights included). I propose a money bomb for this date, but instead of having the usual donations ticker, we use the text of the constitution. To explain: the graphic will start out as an empty piece of parchment and for every $x donated another word will appear until eventually it includes the full text, the bill of rights and all of the appropriate signatures. As I was writing this I also came up with the idea that perhaps all those who donate (and choose to have their name public, like on the traditional donations ticker) can be included with the signatures at the bottom of the document to show support for the Constitution.

I believe that people may find this to be a better incentive to donate than the usual ticker used for money bombs. I would definitely be much more upset to see the constitution left incomplete than to see a red bar not get tall enough.

I know that there is a lot of discussion about money bombs recently and September 17 may be too close to yesterday's Ames money bomb, so I'm just looking for feedback.

Thoughts?

truthdivides
07-20-2011, 04:05 PM
That sounds like a sweet idea. I like it.

EDIT: Maybe not as a money bomb though. I there is a consensus that Constitution Day will kick off the end of quarter push. I think this idea should be used for that though.

sabu140
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I think that Constitution Day would be better used as a campaign day for Ron Paul.

sailingaway
07-21-2011, 11:35 AM
People were talking about having that start an end of quarter push for Ron, because whatever we have, they will want one of those, and this time not accounting for it meant the next, too soon money bomb, was less than grass roots usually expect (even though it exceeded what the campaign asked for.)

Paul4Prez
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Constitution Day (9/17) is the perfect date for the next moneybomb. Make it a big one, and the end of quarter push won't matter much. If 9/17 is big enough, people who missed it will be excited to join in for the end of quarter push.