PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Exceeds Fundraising Goal During Ames Money Bomb

muzzled dogg
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Ron Paul Exceeds Fundraising Goal During Ames Money Bomb
The State Column | Staff | Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.), an official candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, exceeded his fundraising goal during his campaign’s “Ready for Ames” Money Bomb Radio Marathon on July 19th. Paul’s original goal for the Ames money bomb was $500,000, but the Texas Congressman exceeded his original goal by more than $50,000.

A money bomb is a grassroots fundraising effort to raise money in a short period of time. Paul’s “Ready for Ames” money bomb was held during a fifteen hour period from yesterday morning through midnight. However, Paul’s official presidential campaign website continued to accept donations on Wednesday. In fact, as of 5pm, Paul’s campaign had hauled in nearly $620,000 (according to his website’s fundraising ticker).

Paul’s supporters could listen to the “Ready for Ames” Money Bomb Radio Marathon online or hear a rebroadcast of the marathon on Wednesday. Paul’s campaign organized the money bomb to have a number of online and offline personalities and public figures participate in the radio marathon.

Paul’s son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), helped his dad out by joining the radio marathon at 3:30pm yesterday. Paul made an appearance at 6pm and Paul’s campaign manager, Jesse Benton, joined the radio marathon at 6:30pm.

A message on Paul’s website said that the money raised during the “Ready for Ames” money bomb would help the campaign grow its “first-class campaign in Iowa, air and produce more ads, and help get people to the Ames straw poll on August 13th.”

The Ames Straw Poll, which is held in Ames, Iowa on August 13th, is an important test of Paul’s candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination. It is also one of the first major tests for GOP candidates in the Hawkeye State, before Iowa’s presidential caucus in early 2012.

Paul’s campaign is looking to the Ames Straw Poll with eager eyes after the Texas Congressman grabbed the top spot at the Straw Poll auction at the end of June. This year, Paul was the highest bidder for a piece of prime real estate at the Ames Straw Poll (a spot that was claimed by Mitt Romney four years ago).

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/capitol/ron-paul-exceeds-fundraising-goal-during-ames-money-bomb/

rprprs
07-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Paul’s “Ready for Ames” money bomb was held during a fifteen hour period from yesterday morning through midnight.

Not that I mind this that much, but when it comes to Ron Paul, can't anybody in the media get anything right???!!! :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
07-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Who cares? It makes the fundraising look that much better.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2011, 04:33 PM
For once it was done right. Make the goal low and blow past it.

Surprised the ticker didn't read two million this time too.

anewvoice
07-20-2011, 05:06 PM

Pleasantly surprised!!

Agorism
07-20-2011, 05:36 PM
He could be Mitt Romney and claim he raised 10 million.

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
For once it was done right. Make the goal low and blow past it.

I'm glad, since the 'end of quarter push' was shoved between the existing money bombs.

afwjam
07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
They had a 2 million dollar ticker ready they just did not use it, I saw it when the ticker first went online.

brushfire
07-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Despite what some may say - the moneybomb f'n rocks.
Its a campaign trademark, synonymous with Ron Paul. Anyone who has opposed Ron Paul has always shown great respect for the moneybomb!

wgadget
07-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Next thing ya know, the other guys will be claiming they started the Money Bombs, just like they say started the "tea parties."

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
They had a 2 million dollar ticker ready they just did not use it, I saw it when the ticker first went online.

That was what they used last time, they just changed the graphic but it wasn't a real ticker, it was just the graphic link in his email. The real ticker was always at $500,000

speciallyblend
07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Win, Wolverines

KramerDSP
07-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Not that I mind this that much, but when it comes to Ron Paul, can't anybody in the media get anything right???!!! :rolleyes:

The people running that website are clearly Ron Paul supporters who somehow ended up on Google News Feeds. I'm still shocked Drudge linked to them for one RP story a few weeks ago.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-21-2011, 01:16 AM
After the donors were drained by The Push (for good reason, of course) donating something like 1.5 M, I think 600K is a very good result in less than 3 weeks' time :)