PDA

View Full Version : TSA to End Person-Specific Body Scan Images

bobbyw24
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Body scanners at U.S. airports will stop using person-specific images for passenger screening, the U.S. Transportation Security Administration said.

The TSA will install software that will detect items that could pose a threat to passengers by using a generic body outline, the Washington-based agency said in a statement today. Passengers will be able to view the same outline TSA officers can see, according to the statement. If scanners identify a potential threat, additional screening will be required.

“This software upgrade enables us to continue providing a high level of security through advanced imaging technology screening, while improving the passenger experience at checkpoints,” TSA Administrator John Pistole said in the statement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-20/tsa-to-end-person-specific-body-scan-images.html

pacelli
07-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Still nothing about the radiation.

fisharmor
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
So... how does this new software make them different from metal detectors, exactly?

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
There goes your "opt out" choice.

jmdrake
07-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah right. :rolleyes: Didn't they say that a year ago? So why then do they need this "upgrade"? And what about the fact that the GAO said these scanners wouldn't have stopped the underwear bomber anyway? And what about the fact that the TSA is still letting people on airplanes with fake passports? And what point do we hold the TSA accountable for anything?

hillbilly123069
07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
This is a tactic to control the onslaught of demands to disband this modern day nazi ss. "We heard you and we made it easier and more private to keep you SAFE."
I wonder if this has anything to do with Rumsfeld getting felt up by TSA last week.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah right. :rolleyes: Didn't they say that a year ago? So why then do they need this "upgrade"? And what about the fact that the GAO said these scanners wouldn't have stopped the underwear bomber anyway? And what about the fact that the TSA is still letting people on airplanes with fake passports? And what point do we hold the TSA accountable for anything?

If one believes the official story of 9/11, about the same time any of those people who "failed to connect the dots" get held accountable.

Safe bet to say, I ain't holding my breath.

jm1776
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Still nothing about the radiation.
that ^^

Standing Like A Rock
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Still nothing about the radiation.that ^^

This.

When ever I go to the dentist and have xrays of my teeth, they put an apron 2 inches thick of LEAD over the rest of my body and everybody else leaves the room. And this is just for a specific xray of my teeth. These body scanners bombard your entire body with radiation and you get no protection. I do not want to develop cancer 20 or 30 years from now, or worse, have children with birth defects because of this crap.

iamse7en
07-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Hey, TSA. Go to hell. I mean that.

Romulus
07-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't believe this though-they are probably lying like the do about everything else.... they think this will pacify us, but it won't. I won't go in the cancer machine or get groped.