PDA

View Full Version : Money Bomb Raises $600,000 For Ames Straw Poll!

Matt Collins
07-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Ron Paul Campaign in Iowa Touts Ames Money Bomb Result

Strong interest in Ames Straw Poll raises $600,000

ANKENY, Iowa– The Iowa component of the 2012 Ron Paul presidential campaign applauded the success of yesterday’s “Ready, Ames, Fire” money bomb that raised more than $600,000. In particular, Ron Paul 2012 Iowa Campaign Chairman Drew Ivers praised the fact that the Hawkeye State and Ames were the key selling points for attracting such a large amount of donations, mainly smaller increments from Dr. Paul’s devoted nationwide following.

“I am excited and pleased that Ron Paul’s ‘Ready, Ames, Fire’ money bomb garnered so many generous donations for the purpose of keeping Dr. Paul competitive all over Iowa and at the Ames Straw Poll,” said Ivers. “Dr. Paul visits Iowa about once a week, he acquired the most coveted piece of straw poll real estate, and his get-out-the-vote operation here is among the most sophisticated I have ever witnessed.”

“Make no mistake, yesterday’s money bomb was Ames-themed and Iowa-centric. It reflects the high stakes nature of the representative Ames Straw Poll and the momentum Dr. Paul has earned through his campaign’s far-reaching strategy. Today, then, is a great day for Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign nationally and for his Iowa effort,” Mr. Ivers continued.

On Monday, July 25th Ron Paul will be in Iowa to speak and greet Iowa voters. Details of those imminent events are as follows.

Monday, July 25, 2011

9:30 a.m.
Meet & Greet
Hilton Garden Inn (Grand Ballroom)
1325 Dickinson Avenue
Ames, IA 50014

12:00 p.m.
Meet & Greet
Marriott (Rosewood Room)
1200 Collins Road NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
They should have mentioned that it had a $500,000 target....

grump.

Glad he's pleased, though. I've seen NO media on this.