PDA

View Full Version : Web designers, writers, etc. wanted.

No Opinion
10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I will be hosting a Pro Ron Paul website.

I am looking for the following;

Web designer - I'm looking for the best. There will be minimal oversight, your artistic freedom should be able to flourish.

Political Researchers - Knowledge of the other Republican Candidates is a must.

Also someone to transfer the domain to, I can't be associated with the site. Domain name and host is payed for past the 2008 elections. We're all set.

Please PM me.

Thanks.

smdesignworks
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Hello, just a thought that may help.

You may want to look into www.sitepoint.com/contests as a way to get the website designed. The gist is you run a "contest" and designers will compete for the prize, the whole time the contest is running you get to offer feedback as to what you like and dislike. Its pretty effective if you drop $300 or more, you can do $150, but that's the minimum and I wouldn't recommend it. The whole idea by doing it this way is you drop a few links and provide some information on who Ron Paul is and what he is all about and you may even be able to expose Ron Paul to a bunch of web designers.

Of coarse you can really utilize this and I could go into it much further, but that's the basic idea, I would actually suggest doing a lot of other things but I am trying to keep it short and informational, check out the site to get an idea of what its all about. Just remember if you use something like that only have it "designed" there, don't have it coded as coding work scares away a lot of potential designers who don't code.

I can also code the site for free if its pro Ron Paul. I am a valid tableless CSS/XHTML Strict coder who happens to be pretty good at it. However you may be better off going with a CMS system like Wordpress.org (self hosted of coarse) but would need more info.

-Scott Nix (admin@smdesignworks.com)

I can provide coding examples and explain anything you have questions about, not to mention I have tons of pre made templates and sites I have already coded and can stripe down or alter to even make it easier, or code the whole thing from scratch (with a psd) only takes about a day, not including advanced functions such as searches, contact forms, php, etc....

reillym
11-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I second that Sitepoint recommendation. It's a great site, and I participate in the contests. (I'm a web designer)

d4ron
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
PM'd you