PDA

View Full Version : Laughable Motley Fool article criticizing Ron Paul. Paul's stock holdings inside!

libertyisntdead
07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/07/19/ron-paul-should-learn-from-bernankes-heroism.aspx

"Congressman Paul's personal portfolio is practically a gold-mining ETF unto itself, with a beefy $500,001 to $1,000,000 stake in Goldcorp (NYSE: GG ) , $250,001 to $500,000 stakes in Newmont Mining (NYSE: NEM ) and Barrick Gold (NYSE: ABX ) , a $100,001 to $250,000 stake in IAMGOLD (NYSE: IAG ) , and $50,001 to $100,000 stakes in Pan American Silver (Nasdaq: PAAS ) and MAG Silver (AMEX: MVG ) . If I were looking for a comprehensive list of gold-mining stocks to buy, I could hardly do better than the congressman's own positions."

He then goes on to say that this is clearly a conflict of interest with his chairman position since if we did return to the gold standard Ron Paul would profit immensely from this. However last time I checked Ron Paul has been fighting to restore the gold standard for the last 40 years and his interest is in freeing the American people from debt bondage to the Federal Reserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFKvgrbYgA

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 10:14 AM
They should know better. It is actually against his interest since the price of gold, now benefiting from fear of the dollar, would not have the same trajectory.

But he has had the same investment plan since the 70s, and the same principles. They just should have listened to him when gold was $35 an ounce.

specsaregood
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
They should know better. It is actually against his interest since the price of gold, now benefiting from fear of the dollar, would not have the same trajectory.

But he has had the same investment plan since the 70s, and the same principles. They just should have listened to him when gold was $35 an ounce.

Perhaps the author should focus on the fact that presently congress exempts itself from insider trading rules. And profits from it immensely.

freshjiva
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
More incompetence. I am constantly amazed how stupid people are.

libertyisntdead
07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
More incompetence. I am constantly amazed how stupid people are.

And GREEDY.