PDA

View Full Version : Anger at Government Highest in 19 years: poll

bobbyw24
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Dissatisfaction and anger with the federal government are at a nearly 20-year high, according to the results of a new ABC News/Washington Post poll released Wednesday.

When asked how they felt about the federal government, 80 percent of poll respondents said that they felt dissatisfied or even angry about the work the government is doing. The last time such a peak of ill will was felt was during 1992's economic slump, under President George Bush's leadership.

Report at:

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1125a2ThePoliticsofDebt.pdf

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/20/anger-at-government-highest-in-19-years-poll/

Pericles
07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Good news for us - the challenge is to get those angry people to do something useful to correct the problem.

fisharmor
07-20-2011, 09:59 AM
If that number of years was up to 235 I'd be more hopeful.

TheNcredibleEgg
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I worry about this poll - because I think a substantial number of those 80% are angry because they think gov't is not doing enough - and ought to fix the problems for them.

I wonder how many of those 80% would agree that gov't caused most of the current problems with the economy?

I wonder also how many of those 80% would be willing to follow a hard leftist type voice to fix their anger?

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I worry about this poll - because I think a substantial number of those 80% are angry because they think gov't is not doing enough - and ought to fix the problems for them.

I wonder how many of those 80% would agree that gov't caused most of the current problems with the economy?

I wonder also how many of those 80% would be willing to follow a hard leftist type voice to fix their anger?

Sadly, that is exactly what they are angry about.

Freedom 4 all
07-20-2011, 01:30 PM

This. Unfortunately. They still haven't figured out what the real problem is.

Freedom 4 all
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM

This. Unfortunately. They still haven't figured out what the real problem is.