PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Next moneybomb Aug 20th, Ron Paul Birthday Bomb!

afwjam
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow! What a successful money bomb! Ron Paul now has a 4.6 million dollar war chest!!! Most of that money is going to be used by the campaign to win the Ames straw poll. I truly believe we will win the Ames straw poll with lots of hardwork and money!
People think that we are having to many moneybombs, but that is not true!
Ron Paul needs the money now! Moneybombs are a dual edged sword, while we raise big money on one day, like our 10% addition to the war chest today... The other side of the moneybomb sword is that people wait to donate at the next moneybomb. This could be verified by the last quarter results, almost all the money was raised on moneybomb days. So if the next moneybomb is not until September and the campaign uses up the money to win Ames, that leaves the campaign with little to no money for months. So we have to have a moneybomb in Aug, and it will be successful! People did not have much money this time because they were tapped out from the end of quarter and there is little excitement. After a win at Ames there will be lots of excitement and we will have a week to capitalize on this to promote a moneybomb for Aug 20th! a million or more would surly be a great birthday present for Ron Paul and would keep the campaign financed until the real excitement starts in the fall. There will be multi-million dollar moneybombs in the fall, we need these smaller more often moneybombs now! 1 dollar now is like 5 dollars later on in the campaign. 1 million dollars in Aug, is like 5 million dollars in Nov.

Corydoras
07-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I agree. The sooner the campaign gets the money, the better. There is no reason to hold back. When they have the money in hand, they can plan their ad buys.

kill the banks
07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
yes agree on needing money earlier ... off to bed

KCIndy
07-19-2011, 11:10 PM
a million or more would surly be a great birthday present for Ron Paul and would keep the campaign financed until the real excitement starts in the fall. There will be multi-million dollar moneybombs in the fall, we need these smaller more often moneybombs now! 1 dollar now is like 5 dollars later on in the campaign. 1 million dollars in Aug, is like 5 million dollars in Nov.

I agree...

I know there are some here who are disappointed by the fact that we didn't bust through the million dollar mark tonight. It would have been nice, but let's face it - today's (okay, yesterday's) moneybomb still brought in enough for a real good ad buy in Iowa. And most critical of all, we got this money to the campaign well before the Ames Straw Poll! As of midnight Central, the cash ticker stood at just under $568,000. We can do more and bigger fundraisers in the future, but having this cash NOW before Ames is really going to help. Half a million bucks can buy an awful lot of air time.

August 20th is exactly one month from now. There are a few paydays before then!

Compare where we're at with where the campaign was in '07. More money, more name recognition for Dr. Paul, who is already polling at 9%.

I don't see anything wrong with hitting it again on August 20.

We can do this, folks.

Paul4Prez
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Moneybombs are a dual edged sword, while we raise big money on one day, like our 10% addition to the war chest today... The other side of the moneybomb sword is that people wait to donate at the next moneybomb. This could be verified by the last quarter results, almost all the money was raised on moneybomb days.

You're assuming that without the money bombs, that money would have been donated anyway. Some of it surely would, but part of the success of the money bombs is in creating excitement, enticing and reminding people to donate when they otherwise might not. The November and December money bombs from 2007 definitely raised money that wouldn't have come in otherwise, and a lot of it.

Restore-America-NOW
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
I still disagree. It's too soon and will likely be smaller than today's moneybomb. A 2 week End of Quarter Push starting on September 17th (Constitution Day) is a much better option and will bring in big numbers.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I still disagree. It's too soon and will likely be smaller than today's moneybomb. A 2 week End of Quarter Push starting on September 17th (Constitution Day) is a much better option and will bring in big numbers.

It's a month from now, it's Ron Paul's birthday and it'll be right after Paul's (hopefully) Ames win. What's not to like about August 20th?

afwjam
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM

Why would it be smaller then todays? The end of quarter push is a given no matter what. How do you think the campaign should fund itself until the end of Sep?

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 11:21 PM
couple things guys, for those of you wary about promoting this moneybomb read the quoted statement below (i'm quoting what i said in another thread)

If we win Ames i believe we will attract a bunch of new donors, and we will also be having a end of quarter push around late september so i don't think a constitution day moneybomb makes as much sense logistically as a birthday moneybomb even though a birthday moneybomb might attract the wrong attention to Ron.

also, what if we promoted the Ron Paul Power Hour rather than a traditional moneybomb? I think this would be too cool! details below...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304092-Brilliant-idea-please-read-this-might-be-a-game-changer-for-Ron-Paul!

Also, its important to note that this moneybomb (or power hour) could be HUGE since this bomb will be post-Ames. If we win i;m sure we will have a bunch of new donors but im not sure if these new donors will be tech savy (hopefully not, i hope we get a bunch of retired folks donating because that's what we need to win :))

If we don't meet expectations @ Ames then this moneybomb could flop considering its proximity to the Straw Poll but that will be the least of our troubles if we do poorly in Ames.

evilfunnystuff
07-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm in for the Aug 20th

Treat it like boxin yo, stick and move, stick and move...

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 11:24 PM

that's where i believe you're wrong. The end of quarter push is supposed to be a supplementary effort to the moneybombs and a last-ditch-effort to increase our quarterly numbers. I don't think its something we should rely on as our primary funding source. Having a medium sized money bomb on August 20th and then a end of quarter push in semptember would be the best way to squeeze the most out of donors in my opinion.

Corydoras
07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
part of the success of the money bombs is in creating excitement, enticing and reminding people to donate when they otherwise might not.

So hold them often. Keep the excitement up, don't let people forget from month to month. Have one continuously in planning. That is to say, exactly as planned, every month.

And everyone else can donate as soon as they want. These moneybombs must NOT be an excuse for people to hold back - if they're going to donate it anyway, they should donate it as soon as they have it. That way the campaign can plan.

kill the banks
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
i'll just say a dollar now is worth 5 or 10 later ... we need to win early imo

qwerty
07-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Love the idea about Ronīs birthday!

sailingaway
07-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Why would we want every single story on it making a point of his age? I really don't get this one.

Aldanga
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Why would we want every single story on it making a point of his age? I really don't get this one.
+rep

Learn the lessons from the last campaign, people. Although we raised a ton of money, November 5th was a horrible idea. The birthday idea, while a good one, can be spun in a lot of negative ways.

evilfunnystuff
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM

Well we certainly need one shortly after ames, we cant be waitin around for and end of quarter push.

afwjam
07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't think the money bomb will get so much press that it will matter. On the other hand, what Ron Paul supporter would not want to give $75 on Dr. Pauls seventy-fifth?

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
I don't think the money bomb will get so much press that it will matter. On the other hand, what Ron Paul supporter would not want to give $75 on Dr. Pauls seventy-fifth?

uhm, its his 76th actually

Bergie Bergeron
07-19-2011, 11:47 PM
They already know how old he is.

Maximus
07-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Birthday bomb is awesome, who wouldn't want to give a gift to Ron on his birthday?

afwjam
07-19-2011, 11:49 PM
uhm, its his 76th actually

Right!:o

So $76 for his seventy-sixth! One dollar better!
or $1776 for the big donors....

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
+rep

Learn the lessons from the last campaign, people. Although we raised a ton of money, November 5th was a horrible idea. The birthday idea, while a good one, can be spun in a lot of negative ways.

although the media can spin it negatively, i believe there are more positives than negatives. I think people will find the cause worthy, and logistically its a GREAT day for a moneybomb. Middle of the quarter so it wont minimize the effectiveness of the end of quarter push, its a week after Ames so this is a great time to capitalize on our momentum from Ames, and its a great time to try the "Ron Paul Power Hour" idea.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Right!:o

So $76 for his seventy-sixth! One dollar better!
or $1776 for the big donors....

nice, good thinking

sailingaway
07-19-2011, 11:52 PM

They don't always FOCUS on it. I vote for a different day, personally.

smartguy911
07-19-2011, 11:52 PM

Well i didn't know his age until other posted mentioned it above. Attracting too much attention in my opinion. Nothing wrong with having a money bomb but to advertise his age is not a good idea.

evilfunnystuff
07-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Maybe do a Ron Pauls Birthday Pool Party Theme.

Reagan would approve.
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/22959/slide_22959_273508_large.jpg?1307397311107
http://www.glittarazzi.com/storage/Ron-Paul-Topless.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13087725425 41

TheTyke
07-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I like the idea of having one after Ames so we can get a bounce if we win... but I agree the birthday isn't a good theme.

afwjam
07-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Maybe do a Ron Pauls Birthday Pool Party Theme.

Reagan would approve.
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/22959/slide_22959_273508_large.jpg?1307397311107
http://www.glittarazzi.com/storage/Ron-Paul-Topless.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13087725425 41

LOL brilliant!
Ron Paul Birthday Pool Party Bomb!

harikaried
07-20-2011, 12:04 AM
The day after Ames would probably be best. August 14th. It's the sunday immediately a day after the straw poll. Looking at the news reports from 2007, it seems like the results come out pretty fast -- the day of?

If Ron Paul does well, the moneybomb will promote the win and convert those on the fence afraid that Dr. Paul can't win the primaries.
If not as well, people will push to make sure Dr. Paul gets enough money to win later polls.

So just making sure, straw poll results should be out the same day of the event by midnight when the moneybomb starts?

Then when the news starts up on Monday, it'll report Ron Paul winning the straw poll and making tons of money from it.

Edit: Scheduled straw poll win announcement is 7pm but in 2007 it was delayed until at least 8:30:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/11/straw-poll-results-expected-shortly/

smartguy911
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
The day after Ames would probably be best. August 14th. It's the sunday immediately a day after the straw poll. Looking at the news reports from 2007, it seems like the results come out pretty fast -- the day of?

If Ron Paul does well, the moneybomb will promote the win and convert those on the fence afraid that Dr. Paul can't win the primaries.
If not as well, people will push to make sure Dr. Paul gets enough money to win later polls.

So just making sure, straw poll results should be out the same day of the event by midnight when the moneybomb starts?

Then when the news starts up on Monday, it'll report Ron Paul winning the straw poll and making tons of money from it.

Edit: Scheduled straw poll win announcement is 7pm but in 2007 it was delayed until at least 8:30:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/11/straw-poll-results-expected-shortly/

Yeah August 14 makes more sense for the next money bomb.

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 12:19 AM

O.k. i'm not opposed to a moneybomb the day of Ames or day after but still i dont think its as good as the birthday bomb for a couple reasons...

1. logistically (i dont think it will give enough time for the results to sink in and new donors to learn about the bomb if it is the day after Ames as opposed to a week after Ames)

2. I dont think the theme will take off as well as the birthday theme within the grassroots, and we've already used "Ames" so it would be kind of recycled.

harikaried
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
1. logistically (i dont think it will give enough time for the results to sink in and new donors to learn about the bomb if it is the day after Ames as opposed to a week after Ames)Any reason why it can't be a week-long push? Or at least a few days to catch the news cycle?

2. I dont think the theme will take off as well as the birthday theme within the grassroots, and we've already used "Ames" so it would be kind of recycled.Ron Paul Wins would be a new theme. Although I suppose the theme needs to be prepared ahead of time when spreading the word and preparing graphics.

smartguy911
07-20-2011, 12:31 AM
O.k. i'm not opposed to a moneybomb the day of Ames or day after but still i dont think its as good as the birthday bomb for a couple reasons...

1. logistically (i dont think it will give enough time for the results to sink in and new donors to learn about the bomb if it is the day after Ames as opposed to a week after Ames)

2. I dont think the theme will take off as well as the birthday theme within the grassroots, and we've already used "Ames" so it would be kind of recycled.

- Don't call it a birthday bomb. Make it themed something else.
- I think the day after Ames Straw poll is perfect.
- If we do well, the next day (Sunday) people might look into Ron Paul by going to the website and might consider donating if they see the ticker on the website mentioning the money bomb.

harikaried
07-20-2011, 12:39 AM
If you want a theme, how about "bring the troops home" to reinforce the fact that Dr. Paul does great with active duty members.

If you need a weak tie to the date of related theme, V-J Day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-J_Day
Although it would be best to highlight the victory day as troops being able to return home as opposed to japan surrendering.

harikaried
07-20-2011, 12:42 AM
A great picture to use for this V-J Day theme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Legendary_kiss_V%E2%80%93J_day_in_Times_Squar e_Alfred_Eisenstaedt.jpg
(Most people have likely seen it before. It's the random sailor grabbing a random nurse and kissing her in Times Square.)

[Although I wonder what's the copyright status..]

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Any reason why it can't be a week-long push? Or at least a few days to catch the news cycle?

Ron Paul Wins would be a new theme. Although I suppose the theme needs to be prepared ahead of time when spreading the word and preparing graphics.

1. traditionally single day bombs have worked the best, and i'm wokring under the assumption that a shorter style bomb (hourly) would be easier than extending the moneybomb, but i could be wrong. I've never seen a week long push properly executed by the grassroots (note: the campaign has done it) Also, the end of the quarter will be a week long push so a week-long push for this moneybomb might diminish the effects of a end of quarter push.

2. what would the theme be? Granted it might not matter to you and I, but we have to take into consideration that we need something that will catch on among those of us who dont eat, sleep, and breathe Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Another reason: to keep the streak going.

There were money bombs on August 20, 2009 and August 20, 2010.

Why not August 20, 2011?

davidt!
07-20-2011, 01:09 AM

afwjam
07-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Aug 20th is the perfect date regardless of Dr. Pauls birthday. Its exactly one month away, one week after the straw poll, and halfway through the quarter. I really think Ron Paul's birthday is a great theme for a moneybomb, one that will resonate well with likely donors.

Patriot123
07-20-2011, 01:23 AM
afwjam, why don't we combine our efforts? This is a little silly, everyone trying to do a moneybomb. I had an idea for a one-hour moneybomb in the next few weeks. If you're going to do it on August 20th, ours would be right around the same date. Let's just combine them, perhaps? PM me -- I'm all ready working on a website that should be at least semi-up in the next day or two. I'll give you access to the account I'm creating, and we can work from there. Strength through numbers, right? Better to have one big moneybomb as opposed to two.

MJU1983
07-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Another reason: to keep the streak going.

There were money bombs on August 20, 2009 and August 20, 2010.

Why not August 20, 2011?

Too bad August 15th is on a Monday...would be a nice "end of the gold standard" (semi-gold standard) moneybomb. :)

I was searching "on this day in history" for August 20th to see what we could call it, if we want to direct the focus/attention off of his birthday...

Couldn't really find anything that would be a better Moneybomb topic.

LatinsforPaul
07-20-2011, 02:20 AM
Paul for Peace Moneybomb

To finally end the wars

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304108-Using-moneybombs-to-highlight-positions-and-facts-(end-all-wars-troops-support-Ron-Paul)