PDA

View Full Version : Halloween stories

Elwar
10-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Does anyone have any Halloween stories?

I handed out candy and gave the kids slim jims and told them it was for their parents (or handed it to the parents if they were close by).

Was kinda disappointed in the turnout...I had bags and bags of candy...about 2 dozen kids stopped by. I still have bags and bags of candy.

thehittgirl
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have any Halloween stories?

I handed out candy and gave the kids slim jims and told them it was for their parents (or handed it to the parents if they were close by).

Was kinda disappointed in the turnout...I had bags and bags of candy...about 2 dozen kids stopped by. I still have bags and bags of candy.

I handed out 4 DVDs and a liberty card and some kids took stuff from the table..I sat outside with stuff spread out. It's not much but I was kind of afraid to put stuff in the bags...didn't want to tick anyone off. I am sure everyone would know where it came from-lol. A lot of people saw the yard sign too, so that was cool. :cool:

Corydoras
10-31-2007, 08:20 PM
I had bags and bags of candy...about 2 dozen kids stopped by. I still have bags and bags of candy.

At my office, we're eating Valentine's candy until Fourth of July, Easter candy until Labor Day, Halloween candy until St. Patrick's Day, Christmas candy until Memorial Day... you get the idea. Take it to work.
:o

im_a_pepper
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
I felt awkward handing out Ron Paul material, but if anyone seen my Ron Paul pumpkin and asked I would inform them. Had maybe 100 or so trick-or-treaters. Every year I usually do a different superhero every year, and the kids flock to see who I did this Halloween. EVERYONE asked about my pumpkin since my carvings have become pretty popular. Almost all of the kids asked "Where is your superhero?" or " Which superhero is he?!" I would casually tell them, "Oh he is! But this time a real one." Kind of funny after 10 years of doing comic book superheroes, this is the first time I carved an actual person for Halloween.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/rtcrump/IM000699.jpghttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/rtcrump/IM000677.jpg

On another note. I live south of St. Louis, MO in your typical mostly white middle class neighborhood. 70 parents: 30 knew who he was, and of those 30, 25 said they were voting for him. The other 5 knew him because their spouse was voting for them, and those 5 ALL said they supported Hillary. Anyways Happy Halloween to all I hope.

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
I felt awkward handing out Ron Paul material, but if anyone seen my Ron Paul pumpkin and asked I would inform them. Had maybe 100 or so trick-or-treaters. Every year I usually do a different superhero every year, and the kids flock to see who I did this Halloween. EVERYONE asked about my pumpkin since my carvings have become pretty popular. Almost all of the kids asked "Where is your superhero?" or " Which superhero is he?!" I would casually tell them, "Oh he is! But this time a real one." Kind of funny after 10 years of doing comic book superheroes, this is the first time I carved an actual person for Halloween.

On another note. I live south of St. Louis, MO in your typical mostly white middle class neighborhood. 70 parents: 30 knew who he was, and of those 30, 25 said they were voting for him. The other 5 knew him because their spouse was voting for them, and those 5 ALL said they supported Hillary. Anyways Happy Halloween to all I hope.

I wanna move to your neighborhood!

c0unterph0bia
10-31-2007, 08:55 PM
I was at Ohio University on the 27th (The day Athens Ohio has its Halloween party).

I decided not to promote Ron Paul heavily that night, because I try to avoid doing such things while I am too drunk to walk. Anyways, among the tens of thousands of people downtown on the blocked off streets, somewhere between the 21 bars we bounced between that night, I happened to stumble upon the courthouse.

When I looked up at the courthouse and saw the steps lined with people holding Ron Paul signs, I almost started crying. If I wasn't in town visiting my friends, I would have much rather been up on those stares, proudly waving the Ron Paul sign I drive around with in my truck. God Bless you guys, your signs were very noticeable and you surely got a lot of exposure for a meet up group of 30 people.

It was extremely patriotic and really tugged a heart string to see you guys trading your night of pagan bliss to promote Hope for America.

TexMac
10-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I just handed out 200 slimjims with SkullPops taped to them to parents. Some of them asked for DVDs!

It was a good Pauloween.

ItsTime
10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I ran out of candy and biz cards :) Everyone who shows up at my door already knows I support Ron Paul. I live in a full blown Mormon zone :( But I did see Ron Paul signs spring up at a few intersections today :)

hopeforamerica
10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Man, we had a great time! I have a big surprise for everyone, but it's not quite ready yet. My husband set up a bunch of RP signs and sat with his bowl of candy and RP goodies. He said at least 50% of the parents were very interested in taking the stuff. We had bumper stickers and slim jims handy.

Sean Morly (Val Venis) Stopped by!!! I had no idea he was our neighbor. He didn't have a bumper sticker or yard sign yet!!! Needless to say, we set him up. He has an adorable little two year old girl.

The biggest surprise, is that the older kids know Ron Paul and asked tons of questions. They really wanted to know more about him. We started putting the business cards in with the candy, and the kids took both a piece of candy and a card! It was just an awesome and positive night.

Stay tuned for my big surprise......

thehittgirl
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
>I was at Ohio University on the 27th (The day Athens Ohio has its Halloween party).

I decided not to promote Ron Paul heavily that night, because I try to avoid doing such things while I am too drunk to walk.>

LOL! Well, back in August, I had one of my best proselytizing moments with a few drinks in me, because I was able to be bold. I had just come from my cousin's wedding and we stopped for gas. I noticed a van with an anti-Hillary bumper sticker. I got right out to talk to the driver. The woman was very open, accepted the DVD and it turned out her husband was an obstetrician too :D

Dorfsmith
10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
My 4-year-old son wanted to help me hand out the candy (after we got back from taking him out to get his candy) and we had about 15 kids show up. He handed them all a Ron Paul sticker with the candy. I had slim jims ready for the parents but none of the parents came up to the door. Anyway, at least we got 15 stickers out there. Who knows where the kids will stick them :D

ronpaulfan
10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
The other 5 knew him because their spouse was voting for them, and those 5 ALL said they supported Hillary.
I see that to. There is an army of brainwashed crazy women out there that will vote for Hillary solely because of her alleged vagina.

surf
10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
i'm ready for the surprise

Birdlady
10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I see that to. There is an army of brainwashed crazy women out there that will vote for Hillary solely because of her alleged vagina.

LOL :D

hopeforamerica
11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
i'm ready for the surprise

Hehe...check this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=30459

:cool:

Primbs
11-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Washington D.C. : Georgetown. Tens of thousands of costumed young people and one large party for Ron Paul with signs on the outside of the building near the corner of M.st. and Wisconsin Avenue.

Roxi
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
while trick or treating I handed a slim jim and liberty card to each house... only one comment, the wife took the slim jim and said "Ron Paul!, hey hes voting for him, showed it to her husband and said "theres more of you"... i replied, oh theres A LOT more of us, gave them our tulsa site and said to join the meetup group.

i also talked one of the parents we were with into voting for him.

mavtek
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I handed out around 40 slim jims 20 or so when I walked around with my daughter and another 20 or so when I got home and kids came to my door. My 2 year old got tired pretty quick :)

thehittgirl
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
I handed out around 40 slim jims 20 or so when I walked around with my daughter and another 20 or so when I got home and kids came to my door. My 2 year old got tired pretty quick :)

My son got tired, so we drove over to a couple of neighborhoods with McMansions in it and ready to hand out slim jims, but no one was out at all, so I drove him trick or treating the rest of the way. Evil mom wanted more candy. :D