PDA

View Full Version : NBC/WSJ National Poll: Romney 30%, Bachmann 20%, Perry 11%, Paul 9% ...

MRoCkEd
07-19-2011, 03:41 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/19/7113880-nbcwsj-poll-bachmann-surges-to-2nd-place-in-12-gop-field?ocid=twitter

Romney 30%
Bachmann 16%
Perry (unannounced) 11%
Paul 9%
Gingrich 8%
Cain 5%
Santorum 3%
Pawlenty 2%
Huntsman 2%

BrendenR
07-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Sucks not to be second right now, but damn it feels good to be ahead of Cain, Pawlenty, Huntsman. Media "top tier" favorites.

newbitech
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Romney narrowly leads Bachmann among Tea Party supporters, 24 to 20 percent

Am I missing something here? How does Romney get ANY support from Tea Party voters? What a discredit to "The Tea Party"

MRoCkEd
07-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Am I missing something here? How does Romney get ANY support from Tea Party voters? What a discredit to "The Tea Party"

"Tea Party supporters" are essentially most republicans, as opposed to"Tea Party activists." The activists are more Paul-Palin-Bachmann types than Romney types.

Maximus
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Good to see Cain at 5%, that sounds about right. He has hardly any buzz right now.

amonasro
07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Excellent.

Bachmann doesn't have staying power due to her social stances.
Perry is already being rejected by the Tea Party AND he's a former Democrat.

NEXT

Cowlesy
Bachmann.......................................... seriously people???????????

mit26chell
So does this mean Perry siphons off the most votes from Paul, seeing Paul would definitely be 3rd if Perry were removed if we look at data from most recent polls?

I don't see how that's possible.

PastaRocket848
07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
doesnt really matter considering it's 99.99999% certain Perry is running.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 04:01 PM
well i guess 9% isn't bad nationwide. What it really comes down to is Iowa. If we win Iowa we will be able to springboard that momentum.

jbuttell
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
amazing how many articles still try to say Ron Paul has a "tiny" following, when their own numbers have him at nearly 10%.. if thats tiny, what's it say about the other candidates they don't call tiny who have half or less his support?

sailingaway
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Bachmann.......................................... seriously people???????????

Most people aren't doing research this early. They are just going with who looks and sounds good and seems to be 'in the running'. I can imagine now how I must have frustrated people in the forum I used to go to where people were telling me I'd like Ron and I'd say, yeah, well that part sounds good, but I've heard some other things, but I'll be sure to research it before I vote......(I did donate to the big money bombs but didn't commit until January for a February election....)

Sorry, but politics as they are give people every reason to be apathetic. Others now are where I was then. And the Constitution was not what people were bragging about for Ron, and it is what sucked me in big time when I looked into it. His principled Constitutionalist record. Every time I see that Bachmann ad that pretends she is a Constitutional conservative despite voting for the Patriot Act etc, I gag.

At least this time Ron is definitely 'in the running'.

mit26chell
07-19-2011, 04:10 PM
If Perry does run, the campaign better come out swinging - gloves off. The man has a terrible record, and should be pretty easily exposed. He is a piece of garbage.

Perry signed an EO in Texas 'mandating' Gardasil vaccines for all 6th grade girls. The vaccine was known to be incredibly dangerous and the cause of many deaths in girls who received it. Those issues didn't seem to bother Perry though, as his chief of staff was a lobbyist for Merck.

This issue alone is what the campaign should focus on if Perry runs, but Paul needs to be the first to address it since he is the medical doctor. It wreaks of everything that is not republican - invasion into health care matters, mandates, etc.

sailingaway
07-19-2011, 04:10 PM
well i guess 9% isn't bad nationwide. What it really comes down to is Iowa. If we win Iowa we will be able to springboard that momentum.

9% would be not so hot if the primaries were tomorrow, but they aren't. He's clearly in the mix, and Perry is going to be known for who he is not long away, and then he'll be only be taking from the globalist vote, which Ron would be fighting, whomever picked up that mantle.

BUSHLIED
07-19-2011, 04:11 PM
RCP has Ron at the average of 7% which is third place among declared candidates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

TomtheTinker
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
We must get the Rcp average closing in on 10% before ames..if we do that and win ames it will be pretty difficult to make the argument that dr paul can't win. The way I look at it is gingrich pawlenty and others are the ones who can't win. If anything its rp who they will do and say anything to prop up the myth of rp being unelectable.

Esoteric
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
i-o-w-a.... i-o-w-a.... i-o-w-a....

Tarzan
07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
This has undoubtedly been asked before... but, I am really befuddled. How does Romknee get 30%???

I don't know of anyone supporting him!!!
Where are they getting these poll number?
Who the hell are they polling?

genuinely perplexed :confused:

RP Supporter
07-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Huntsman and Gingrich were polling well before they ran too. And everyone remembers Fred Thompson. When Perry announces he'll get a boost, but unless he campaigns vigorously(Something I doubt, seeing how long it's taken him to get this thing that he'd have a decent chance in) his numbers will only go downward.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
i-o-w-a.... i-o-w-a.... i-o-w-a....

yeah, Iowa should be goal #1

johnrocks
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
We need Democrats/independents/libertarians and others that opposes wars/insane spending/violation of our rights/etc. to swallow back the vomit and register Republican to get these numbers up, that is as important as money bombs,imho.

Carehn
07-19-2011, 06:17 PM
every time i see one of these polls it makes me hate what the people of this country have become just a little more.

Carehn
07-19-2011, 06:25 PM
This has undoubtedly been asked before... but, I am really befuddled. How does Romknee get 30%???

The only people i know that support him are mormons. They tend to stick together and do everything together. They go to church for 3 hours. they buy and sell to each other. They vote in blocks. The only thing they do not do together is drink. And thats why you never bring just one mormon fishing with you, he will drink all the beer. bring 2 and they wont have a drop.

Mormons are the most cultist of all christians. Its rare to meet one that is capable of abstract thought. Not to say they are not nice and all. They seem quit but never mind there own bizz. Always up in your shit.

any way what i mean is romnee has the mormon vote. ALL OF IT. and they are a growing voting block. they breed like rats. At the age of 14 its customary for them to be on the 2 chilled. I would guess 8 kids a woman is about the average.

Never run out of gas in a small town in utah. Never stop in a small town in utah. Never go to utah.

FSP-Rebel
07-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Johnson should have the decency now to throw in the towel and let us get that ~1% back.

Luciconsort
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Bachmann's out cause she gets "headaches" and is "incapacitated" for days at a time. Perry isn't even in the race, so that's 2 down. Duck and cover Mitt.... you're next!

Carehn
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Johnson should have the decency now to throw in the towel and let us get that ~1% back.

I think thats been the plan all along. I don't think he thought he had a chance and agree i would like to see more like him run, but all along i bet he knew and so did ron that he would throw in the towel at some point and back ron.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I think thats been the plan all along. I don't think he thought he had a chance and agree i would like to see more like him run, but all along i bet he knew and so did ron that he would throw in the towel at some point and back ron.

i think he thought Ron was going to pass him the torch.

Carehn
07-19-2011, 06:53 PM
i think he thought Ron was going to pass him the torch.

I don't. Don't you think they talk at all. Not like they talk all the time but i would guess they talked.

Luciconsort
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
the thing with Johnson imo is he wants to run govt like a business, which it's not. It produces nothing, if anything it's a failed business that should be shuttered and never re-opened. I think he should run for a lower office to start and build a more solid reputation like the good Dr. You can look back 30 years and see Dr. Paul's track record, Johnson's a little premature at this point. He'll make a for a very valuable ally in the ongoing struggle though.

Romulus
07-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Romney is always going to poll up there because he's view as some kind of 'winner' no matter how artificial. Bachman is completely within striking distance... her novelty will wear off soon, then we will be in second. That is our strength - slow and steady increasing numbers.

Tarzan
07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
The only people i know that support him are mormons. They tend to stick together and do everything together. They go to church for 3 hours. they buy and sell to each other. They vote in blocks. The only thing they do not do together is drink.

Romney is always going to poll up there because he's view as some kind of 'winner' no matter how artificial. Bachman is completely within striking distance... her novelty will wear off soon, then we will be in second. That is our strength - slow and steady increasing numbers.

I get all that... but really, who are they polling? Has anybody here been polled? Is it the way they are asking the polling questions?

I'm in Texas and don't know ANYONE supporting him. Where the hell are they getting these numbers???

parocks
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
where is Palin, if Perry is there?

Carehn
07-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I get all that... but really, who are they polling? Has anybody here been polled? Is it the way they are asking the polling questions?

I'm in Texas and don't know ANYONE supporting him. Where the hell are they getting these numbers???

Honestly it may be the way they ask. I know it sounds like im living in my own reality but i don't think 30% is even close to reality. Maybe 15% romney.

Romulus
07-19-2011, 08:03 PM

I'm with you too... I find it completely hard to believe those numbers... No one I ever talk to is supporting Romney.

newbitech
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
"Tea Party supporters" are essentially most republicans, as opposed to"Tea Party activists." The activists are more Paul-Palin-Bachmann types than Romney types.

I'd like to hear any tea party activist pitch any other candidate besides RP. Are there any on this board? Do these other candidates have an online presence where I can have a discussion about their candidates? Perhaps a neutral site?

musicmax
07-19-2011, 08:23 PM
If Perry does run, the campaign better come out swinging - gloves off. The man has a terrible record, and should be pretty easily exposed. He is a piece of garbage.

Perry signed an EO in Texas 'mandating' Gardasil vaccines for all 6th grade girls. The vaccine was known to be incredibly dangerous and the cause of many deaths in girls who received it. Those issues didn't seem to bother Perry though, as his chief of staff was a lobbyist for Merck.

This issue alone is what the campaign should focus on if Perry runs, but Paul needs to be the first to address it since he is the medical doctor. It wreaks of everything that is not republican - invasion into health care matters, mandates, etc.

Absolutely. +rep

blakjak
07-19-2011, 08:28 PM
"The full NBC/Wall Street Journal poll -- which was conducted of 1,000 adults (200 reached by cell phone) from July 14-17."

Interesting they started polling cell phone users.

Carehn
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd like to hear any tea party activist pitch any other candidate besides RP. Are there any on this board? Do these other candidates have an online presence where I can have a discussion about their candidates? Perhaps a neutral site?

a lady in my town who has kinda taken over th tea party asked me if i would consider voting or working for anyone besides Ron Paul for przz so we could beat Obama. I told her no one. but at the time i did not know gary would run. though that is a mute point.

The tea party today is essentially just talk radio. Most of the thinking members no longer attend. now its just another name for the old guard repubs.

PaulConventionWV
07-19-2011, 08:44 PM
The only people i know that support him are mormons. They tend to stick together and do everything together. They go to church for 3 hours. they buy and sell to each other. They vote in blocks. The only thing they do not do together is drink. And thats why you never bring just one mormon fishing with you, he will drink all the beer. bring 2 and they wont have a drop.

Mormons are the most cultist of all christians. Its rare to meet one that is capable of abstract thought. Not to say they are not nice and all. They seem quit but never mind there own bizz. Always up in your shit.

any way what i mean is romnee has the mormon vote. ALL OF IT. and they are a growing voting block. they breed like rats. At the age of 14 its customary for them to be on the 2 chilled. I would guess 8 kids a woman is about the average.

Never run out of gas in a small town in utah. Never stop in a small town in utah. Never go to utah.

That sounds kind of Wrong Turn-ish.

Anyway, Romney doesn't have ALL the Mormon vote. Huntsman takes a little of it, and Paul is actually more popular among them now because some of his ideas about the role of government and freedom of religion match up with him. That's why we should try to win every heavily Mormon state (except Utah, since it is a lost cause already).

PaulConventionWV
07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
a lady in my town who has kinda taken over th tea party asked me if i would consider voting or working for anyone besides Ron Paul for przz so we could beat Obama. I told her no one. but at the time i did not know gary would run. though that is a mute point.

The tea party today is essentially just talk radio. Most of the thinking members no longer attend. now its just another name for the old guard repubs.

It's "moot point."

nocompromises
07-19-2011, 08:52 PM
This is why it is going to take millions of dollars to win Iowa.

We can win Iowa and the primaries, but we need lots of money.

I think we need some Ross Perot style infomercials.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
This is why it is going to take millions of dollars to win Iowa.

We can win Iowa and the primaries, but we need lots of money.

I think we need some Ross Perot style infomercials.

We tried that last time, didnt work. Voters don't have a 30 minute attention span despite how much we would like them to.

nocompromises
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
What about a ten minute informercial?

We could have several of them focused on different issues. For example...

The Debt

The Federal Reserve

The War on Terror

The War on Drugs

etc

AlexMerced
07-19-2011, 09:18 PM
What about a ten minute informercial?

We could have several of them focused on different issues. For example...

The Debt

The Federal Reserve

The War on Terror

The War on Drugs

etc

we're going to have to do this the old fashion way, face to face, with simple clear messaging

Liberty is good
The Constitution Protect Liberty
Ron Paul Follows the Constitution
So Ron Paul is Good
Vote Ron Paul

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm with you too... I find it completely hard to believe those numbers... No one I ever talk to is supporting Romney.

how many folks do you talk to that are between 55 and 70? That is the largest voting segment in the GOP. Wanna know who's going to win? Go ask that group.

blakjak
07-19-2011, 09:23 PM
how many folks do you talk to that are between 55 and 70? That is the largest voting segment in the GOP. Wanna know who's going to win? Go ask that group.

+1. If you ever break down the poll numbers you see 70% are over the age of 50. And yup, these are the majority of voters.

nocompromises
07-19-2011, 09:24 PM
The bad thing is that voting equals jury duty in my area.

BUSHLIED
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Ron polling from last couple of PPP National Polls by individual age bracket:

---------------------------18-29 - 30-45 46-65- 65+

July 19 : Ron Paul = (9%): 19% - 16% - 7% - 4%
July 06 : Ron Paul = (9%): 17% - 15% - 6% - 8%
June 16: Ron Paul = (7%): 06% - 08% 07% - 5%
May 23 : Ron Paul = (7%): 14% - 10% - 9% - 7%
May 05 : Ron Paul = (8%): 10% - 14% - 7% - 4%
Average: ------------------ 13.2% -12.6% 7.2% 5.6%

Quite frankly, it is the 65+ voting block that Ron needs to work on appealing to, to win!

There is no other way to win, he need to be at least 10% among this group of voters or you can put the lights out.

I have seen the nursing homes bus all the old folks to the polls, when they are at the nursing home, all they do is watch movies and sit in front of the TV...watching the national corrupt media outlets...that is how they get fed information...at least the ones I went to for Paul by in 07 to drop off slim jims...

if you had to the time you could ask to do a talk at local nursing homes about Paul...that's the ticket!

Paul4Prez
07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
The bad thing is that voting equals jury duty in my area.

No one likes jury duty, but if that's what it takes to get Ron Paul elected, sign me up.

Good poll results -- the momentum is starting to build.....

parocks
07-20-2011, 12:34 AM
And "international conspiracy" - Bilderberg.

Carehn
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM
we're going to have to do this the old fashion way, face to face, with simple clear messaging

Liberty is good
The Constitution Protect Liberty
Ron Paul Follows the Constitution
So Ron Paul is Good
Vote Ron Paul
Bumper sticker.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-20-2011, 09:38 PM
No one likes jury duty, but if that's what it takes to get Ron Paul elected, sign me up.Speaking of which, I have jury duty on Friday. :( I hope all the cases get cancelled that day.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 09:56 PM

The same people that were giving Donald Trump the lead a month or two back.