PDA

View Full Version : Send For Liberty Recut to all IA reps / senators?

muzzled dogg
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd like to put a copy of For Liberty Recut into the hands of every Republican in both houses of the Iowa General Assembly with an accompanying letter urging them to endorse Ron.

For those who haven't seen the DVD: http://ronpaulfilm.com/

Ideally we'd get these out before the straw poll. Are we too late?

60 reps + 24 senators = 84 DVD's = chump change, we could chip-in that no problem

But we'd need to"
1) draft the letter,
2) find someone local to buy envelopes and handwrite the letters/envelopes if we agree that it's a worthwhile cause, and
3) have someone local hand deliver the packages if we want to avoid having to pay shipping.

I'd like to do something like this for New Hampshire, but we can worry about that later.

This ain't my project so if you're down to try this get started without me :D

Eric21ND
07-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Great idea, and great bang for the buck!

thehighwaymanq
07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Great idea! I would throw in a few bucks

Eric21ND
07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Should we draft a statement or handwritten letters?

muzzled dogg
07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
i think we should first draft something and then decide from there if we wanna handwrite it 100 times

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Bump?

angelatc
07-21-2011, 09:00 AM
I like it, but not sure how I can help.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I need someone to help with the letter

What did the letter to rnc delegates look like?

MJU1983
07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
If sending to Republicans in Iowa I think the letter should highlight Dr. Pauls record as a medical doctor (OB/GYN) as well as his position on abortion. His faith, family, and marriage should be mentioned and highlighted. It should be noted that his record in Congress is the most conservative of any member since 1937 according to research (http://voteview.com/Is_John_Kerry_A_Liberal.htm)*.

Due to the economy, his record and positions in regards to fiscal and monetary policies should be highlighted. Heck, monetary policy was the reason he got into politics in the 1970's!

The letter should make everyone reading it want to watch the DVD. The Ronald Reagan endorsement of Ron should probably be included...

*According to University of Georgia political scientist Keith Poole, Paul had the most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937. One scoring method published in the American Journal of Political Science found Paul the most conservative of all 3,320 members of Congress from 1937 to 2002.

Bergie Bergeron
07-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I'd chip-in.

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Good points mjU

MJU1983
07-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Good points mjU

Thanks, I wrote this using my points. Feel free to utilize, change, etc as you wish.

Dear ,

It is with a great sense of urgency that I, along with millions of supporters around the Country write to you. Yes, it is in regards to a specific candidate for President, but the cause that this candidate represents is much larger than any individual. The cause that Dr. Ron Paul represents is that of Liberty. No other candidate in our lifetime has maintained a conservative record like Dr. Paul's. According to University of Georgia political scientist Keith Poole, Dr. Paul has the most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937. Dr. Paul is an individual that should be highly regarded, appreciated, and welcomed in politics. He is what the founders of this country would label as a "Citizen Statesman". Dr. Paul has a great understanding of our Constitution as well as the proper role of the Federal Government.

Prior to entering politics, Dr. Paul practiced medicine first as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force and later in private practice as an OB/GYN. As an OB/GYN Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. It was during his medical residency in 1960's that Dr. Paul came face to face with the issue of the day at that time, abortion. You can read his position on the topic in his newest book, [I]Liberty Defined, which details his reasons for believing in and maintaining a strong pro-life position. As Dr. Paul himself wrote: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

Dr. Paul also has strong beliefs in his faith, his Creator, and in a strong defense of the family structure. Dr. Paul was raised as a Lutheran and later became a Baptist. Dr. Paul has been married to his wife Carol for more than 50 years and together they have 5 children and 18 grandchildren. His principled positions are very much a part of his entire life: he doesn't waver, waffle, or flip flop. You can count on Dr. Paul's honesty and integrity and consider him a dependable ally, which in politics can be a rarity.

The reason that Dr. Paul entered politics in the first place was due to what he believed to be poor policies within the Federal Government and the Federal Reserve in regards to fiscal and monetary issues. He is the Founder and Honorary Chairman of the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education. Dr. Paul has authored many books, articles, speeches, and videos in regards to economics and monetary policy. Dr. Paul is highly respected and one of few people who accurately predicted the financial bubbles that have threatened our entire economy. Dr. Paul is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services (Banking Committee), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, and a member of the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade. With his experience and wisdom, Dr. Paul will bring a sense of honor back to the Presidency and our Country.

Join me and the millions of supporters and do as Ronald Reagan did, endorse and support Ron Paul.

"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country." - Ronald Reagan

Our armed forces are hearing Dr. Paul's message and have voted with their dollars. Dr. Paul is receiving donations at a rate of 2x the amount of all the other GOP candidates, combined. Please take the time to watch the enclosed DVD to find out why.

Best Regards,
[Your Name Here]

Canderson
07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
A quote by Dr. Paul from Liberty Defined that really puts things in perspective: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

id change it to 'As Dr. Paul himself wrote: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

ThomJohn
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
This is a wonderful idea. Bumpin' this thread!

netwalker
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks, I wrote this using my points. Feel free to utilize, change, etc as you wish.

Dear ,

It is with a great sense of urgency that I, along with millions of supporters around the Country write to you. Yes, it is in regards to a specific candidate for President, but the cause that this candidate represents is much larger than any individual. The cause that Dr. Ron Paul represents is that of Liberty. No other candidate in our lifetime has maintained a conservative record like Dr. Paul's. According to University of Georgia political scientist Keith Poole, Dr. Paul has the most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937. Dr. Paul is an individual that should be highly regarded, appreciated, and welcomed in politics. He is what the founders of this country would label as a "Citizen Statesman". Dr. Paul has a great understanding of our Constitution as well as the proper role of the Federal Government.

Prior to entering politics, Dr. Paul practiced medicine first as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force and later in private practice as an OB/GYN. As an OB/GYN Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. It was during his medical residency in 1960's that Dr. Paul came face to face with the issue of the day at that time, abortion. You can read his position on the topic in his newest book, [I]Liberty Defined, which details his reasons for believing in and maintaing a strong pro-life position. A quote by Dr. Paul from Liberty Defined that really puts things in perspective: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

Dr. Paul also has strong beliefs in his faith, his Creator, and in a strong defense of the family structure. Dr. Paul was raised as a Lutheran and later became a Baptist. Dr. Paul has been married to his wife Carol for more than 50 years and together they have 5 children and 18 grandchildren. His principled positions are very much a part of his entire life: he doesn't waver, waffle, or flip flop. You can count on Dr. Paul's honesty and integrity and consider him a dependable ally, which in politics can be a rarity.

The reason that Dr. Paul entered politics in the first place was due to what he believed to be poor policies within the Federal Government and the Federal Reserve in regards to fiscal and monetary issues. He is the Founder and honorary chairman of the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education. Dr. Paul has authored many books, articles, speeches, and videos in regards to economics and monetary policy. Dr. Paul is highly respected and one of few people who accurately predicted the financial bubbles that have threatened our entire economy. Dr. Paul is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services (Banking Committee), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, and a member of the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade. With his experience and wisdom, Dr. Paul will bring a sense of honor back to the Presidency and our Country.

Join me and the millions of supporters and do as Ronald Reagan did, endorse and support Ron Paul.

"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country." - Ronald Reagan

Our armed forces are hearing Dr. Paul's message and have voted with their dollars. Dr. Paul is receiving donations at a rate of 2x the amount of all the other GOP candidates, combined.

Best Regards,
[Your Name Here]

I like it.

It needs to be cleaned up in a couple of places. Maybe have a paragraph at the end inviting the reader to "view the attached DVD" or something. Great start!

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
How specifically would you clean it up?

d1sCo
07-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Love this idea, I am not a writer but I will gladly chip in a little to help cover the costs.

MJU1983
07-21-2011, 12:13 PM
id change it to 'As Dr. Paul himself wrote: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

I like that, good tip!

MJU1983
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I like it.

It needs to be cleaned up in a couple of places. Maybe have a paragraph at the end inviting the reader to "view the attached DVD" or something. Great start!

Thanks, I edited to include that.

netwalker
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Dear ,

Prior to entering politics, Dr. Paul practiced medicine first as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force and later in private practice as an OB/GYN. As an OB/GYN, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. It was during his medical residency in 1960's that Dr. Paul came face to face with the issue of the day at that time,--abortion. You can read his position on the topic in his newest book, Liberty Defined, which details his reasons for believing in and maintaing maintaining a strong pro-life position. A quote by Dr. Paul from Liberty Defined that really puts things his pro-life position in perspective: "If all life is not precious, how can all liberty be held up as important?"

Dr. Paul also has holds strong beliefs in his faith, his Creator, and in a strong the defense of the family structure. Dr. Paul was raised as a Lutheran and later became a Baptist. Dr. Paul has been married to his wife Carol for more than 50 years and together they have 5 children and 18 grandchildren. His principled positions are very much a part of his entire life: he doesn't waver, waffle, or flip flop. You can count on Dr. Paul's honesty and integrity and consider him a dependable ally, which in politics can be a rarity.

The reason that Dr. Paul entered politics in the first place was due to what he believed to be poor policies within the Federal Government and the Federal Reserve in regards to fiscal and monetary issues. He is the Founder and honorary chairman of the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education. Dr. Paul has authored many books, articles, speeches, and videos in regards to economics and monetary policy. Dr. Paul is highly respected and one of few people who accurately predicted the financial bubbles that have threatened our entire economy. Dr. Paul is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services (Banking Committee), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, and a member of the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade. With his experience and wisdom, Dr. Paul will bring a sense of honor back to the Presidency and our Country country.

Our armed forces are hearing Dr. Paul's message and have voted with their dollars. Dr. Paul is receiving donations at a rate of 2x the amount of all the other GOP candidates, combined.

Our armed forces are responding to Dr. Paul's message and are voting with their dollars. Dr. Paul is receiving donations at twice the rate of all the other GOP candidates, combined.

Please take the time to watch the included [I]For Liberty DVD to learn more about Dr. Paul's unwavering loyalty to liberty and the U.S. Constitution.

Best Regards,
[Your Name Here]

Take it or leave it, just my .02 :D

AdamT
07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Shem, we're almost sold out of our first run and have more ordered which takes 10 days. If you guys want me to set some aside for this project let me know and I'll hold them. What, around 100?

MJU1983
07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Take it or leave it, just my .02 :D

I'm liking the feedback and edited the original post a couple times, most recently for the typo "maintaining".

All of your suggestions look really nice!

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I'd like to get this out ASAP but we're yet to hear from anyone in IA who can receive the DVDs and do the legwork

I dont know if we're in a position yet to have you hold up for us. Thoughts? Anyone else?

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
But yes we'd be looking at about 100

Eric21ND
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Where are the letters we sent to the RNC delegates in 2008?

muzzled dogg
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Ya that's what I was askin

d1sCo
07-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Bump.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2011, 10:19 AM
thank you for bump

thehighwaymanq
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
BUMPing this

MJU1983
07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Realistically if we can't find someone local to do steps 2 and 3 we could probably send a nice package of everything to someone local so they only have to deliver the items completing step 3.

I think it's a great idea because the reps will have the information fresh in their mind (even if they don't watch the DVD) before Ames. A strong showing by Ron in the Straw Poll should encourage those that haven't given him a chance to do some further investigating, watching of the DVD, and perhaps an endorsement. Everyone likes to back a winner but they especially like to back someone who has principled integrity and also has a tremendous following that they can perhaps latch on to.

Aden
07-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Being as nobody local has stepped up, why not setup a chipin to pay for the DVDs and shipping, and just mail one to each rep?

muzzled dogg
07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
i think it would be more personal with an accompanying letter, not to mention it'd be a nightmare to to have to type in all the different address for adam

MJU1983
07-22-2011, 04:35 PM
i think it would be more personal with an accompanying letter, not to mention it'd be a nightmare to to have to type in all the different address for adam

Hand delivered by an Iowan would be a nice touch as well... Are there any Iowans on here? It just takes one near Des Moines. I'm about 5 hours south or I would do it.

muzzled dogg
07-22-2011, 04:43 PM
there are 46 uncommitted "Top Gets" in Iowa.

i suggest we try to send them out to these folks too.

finding mailing addressees for them all may be tough

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/iowa/endorsements/index.html

speciallyblend
07-25-2011, 09:57 AM
something tells me rpf member ninja homer will see this thread and come in and save the day!!!!!!! he is great at writing letters:)

muzzled dogg
07-25-2011, 04:43 PM
thanks i'll PM him

muzzled dogg
09-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Post Ames bump

Anyone wanna take the lead on this?

Eric21ND
09-01-2011, 07:00 AM
First thing we need a list of all the state reps, address, etc.

Pheonix
09-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I think I have what you are looking for...

I was working on an IA endorsement project a while ago that kinda died. The thread has a personally-tailored letter (just fill in the given blanks with the appropriate information) focusing on conservative values, a list of email addresses for IA representatives, and a website that links to all of their homepages (which includes their mailing address). Feel free to copy everything you need:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298905-Help-Ron-Paul-get-key-Republican-endorsements-in-Iowa!

Website with link to legislators' respective sites: http://www.p2012.org/chrniowa/iaendorse.html

Representative _______DAVE DEYOE______,

I would like to sincerely thank you for all of your service to the people of Iowa and _____STORY COUNTY_____. Your commitment to Iowa's conservative values have set you apart from many of your colleagues.

As you are much aware, Iowa is one of the most pivotal states in deciding 2012's presidential nominee from our party. While I certainly am pleased with our party candidates this election, one of them has stood apart from the rest for his integrity, commitment to the constitution, deeply rooted conservative values, and his ability to carry a win for our party against Obama in 2012. This person is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the pro-life candidate. Having delivered over 4,000 babies, Dr. Paul understand that life begins at conception, and will work to repeal Roe v. Wade for its assault on human life, something Dr. Paul has the record of bringing into this world. Ron Paul is also a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and has always voted on the side of gun owners, earning himself many national accolades from conservative groups. Also, Ron Paul believes that marriage is a union between one man and one woman, and has defended the Defense of Marriage Act against Barack Obama's overreach of authority.
Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase or an unbalanced budget, and has refused to take his own congressional pension. He has been called the taxpayers' best friend, a title he is most deserving of for his decades-long consistency in congress. Ron Paul is also the only candidate with military experience, being an Air Force veteran who personally understands the importance of maintaining a strong national defense. Unlike Barack Obama, he would never take troops into harm's way on "humanitarian missions" to appease international bodies such as the UN and NATO, and in doing so refusing to uphold the constitution.

More importantly in winning this election, Ron Paul knows how to get us out of our economic predicament. He predicted the collapse of the housing market in 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Gfz...&feature=feedf), while congress and the candidates he went up against in 2007 laughed at him. Having a candidate who is a well read economist like Ron Paul will make Rep. Paul a most formidable opponent to Obama in 2012, when the economy will be the most important issue facing our nation.

While many have suggested he isn't polling well, he has actually performed much better in national polls than many of the candidates that are considered to be top contenders - Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum, e.g. In fact, in New Hampshire he was recently placed in 2nd in a Fox News sponsored poll. Though Ron Paul's victory will be a somewhat uphill battle, the support of Iowans like yourself ____Mr. DEYOE________, can help him attain victory. That is why I am asking you to represent our state and its values in endorsing Dr. Paul, and in doing so providing a better hope for our children's future.

Ron Paul currently has the largest key endorsements of any candidate in Iowa, meaning you would not be alone in this commitment; consider Iowa House newcomers Glen Massie and Kim Pearson, or Iowa State Central Committee members Jeremiah Johnson, David Fischer, A.J. Spiker, and Drew Ivers. All of them have joined in supporting Ron Paul, knowing that he has a realistic chance of winning not only the nomination, but also the presidency, and will bring with him the true conservative values of our Founding Fathers and great personalities like the late Ronald Reagan.

I wrote this long letter to you ____Mr. Deyoe___ because I know that you, as a representative of our district, can impact this 2012 election. Ron Paul can win against Obama: national polls have made this clear. He has political stances that appeal to more Americans than the other Republican candidates and even President Obama himself. Furthermore, his grassroots support is phenomenal, and would secure a new age of Republican youth, disenchanted with the present political landscape, into our party. If Ron Paul can carry a win in Iowa, he will demonstrate that he is a formidable candidate. I guarantee you he has the fundraising and grassroots power to carry this election for our party, but the support of someone like yourself will be a necessary first step.

Thank you ____Rep. Deyoe___ and keep up the great work you're doing for the district! Let me know how I can help.

Sincerely,

____NAME____
Concerned Citizen

bluesc
09-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Bump

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
i think we should first draft something and then decide from there if we wanna handwrite it 100 times I suggest it not be handwritten but signed at the bottom with handwriting. It would look more appealing and easier for the reader.

Eric21ND
09-01-2011, 06:23 PM
We should also send them a book. For Liberty or The Revolution?

muzzled dogg
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM
dunno that could get pricey

but if revPAC is paying then ok

AJ187
09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
This might be a good idea for all the states as each of them has their primaries and caucuses. Those DVD's have proved to be very effective in my personal experiences.