PDA

View Full Version : Floor Speech on Debt Ceiling July 19 2011 Ron Paul

PeacePlan
07-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Love where he says we should default and not pay the Fed the 1.6 trillion we owe them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqfm0zrRs9Q

Romulus
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Clear and consice - he's hitting on ALL cylinders. This is the best I have seen him.. we are witnessing him truly at his peak.

Kylie
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I like where he starts in on both parties, around 3:20.

Someone needs to shorten the video to that. It would be a good viral video.

TheViper
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
It is talk like this that cured my apathy.
It is talk like this opened my eyes.
It is talk like this that has earned my trust.
It is talk like this that can change the world.

And I yield back the balance of my post.

ord33
07-19-2011, 10:04 PM
I think Ron Paul is going to come out of this smelling like a rose. First, he produced the conviction ad for Iowa. He promised not to increase the debt limit and he has stayed true to his word. Meanwhile, we have the "Gang of Six" deal and the "Cut, Cap, and Balance" bill that both sides see as pieces of crap and have people infuriorated all across the board on all news articles I have seen. The way I see it, there may be a compromise, but the American people won't be happy with it (nor understand what it really involves). In this case Ron Paul comes out the winner because of his "Conviction" ad and sticking to his principles.

So we will be good politically with Ron Paul gaining some steam, but screwed with the legislation they pass!

headhawg7
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I think Ron Paul is going to come out of this smelling like a rose. First, he produced the conviction ad for Iowa. He promised not to increase the debt limit and he has stayed true to his word. Meanwhile, we have the "Gang of Six" deal and the "Cut, Cap, and Balance" bill that both sides see as pieces of crap and have people infuriorated all across the board on all news articles I have seen. The way I see it, there may be a compromise, but the American people won't be happy with it (nor understand what it really involves). In this case Ron Paul comes out the winner because of his "Conviction" ad and sticking to his principles.

So we will be good politically with Ron Paul gaining some steam, but screwed with the legislation they pass!

You're right. There will be a compromise. I have been saying this for weeks now. There will be minimal if any cuts and there will be some sort of tax increase through the closing of certain loopholes such as mortgage interest rate deductions. Both sides will claim victory and we will be back off to the races like a crack addict who just won the lottery.