PDA

View Full Version : TX - Family calls cops for help with home invasion, cops show up and shoot family dog dead

Anti Federalist
07-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah, again. :mad:

Sad part about this is that the homeowner, unarmed, already chased off the home invaders, at that point the cop was nothing but a glorified clerk, there to fill out paperwork.

Do not call cops, if at all possible, wait until the situation is stabilized as best as you can make it.

Call cops into a "hot scene" and more and more, it is likely that somebody or something you love will end up dead.

Family hires attorney after police shoot dog

http://www.kcbd.com/story/15100830/dog-shot-by-police-family-upset

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 2:10 PM EST
By Christie Post - bio | email
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

http://kcbd.images.worldnow.com/images/15100830_BG2.jpg

A Lubbock family has now hired an attorney after a police officer shot their dog while responding to their home being invaded last week.

John Espinoza, the owner of the house on the 6400 block of 33rd Street, said he left his garage open while he and his family were at home. He says intruders armed with large guns entered his home through the garage and asked for his wallet and his wife's purse. Espinoza refused to surrender the items, he said. Unarmed, he chased the assailants through the backyard to the next street, he said.

"At the time I didn't care if they shot me, I wasn't going to stop," said Espinoza, "The reason why they didn't take anything is they came in and I put up a fight. I got out and it's one o'clock in the afternoon. I'm yelling and kicking the gate."

That's when Payton, the family's Saint Bernard got out, Espinoza said.

Espinoza's wife called the police and officers responded to the home invasion call. The family is thankful they are safe, but it's the actions of the police that have them considering a lawsuit.

Police say when officers approached the house, the dog ran aggressively at them out of the open garage. Police shot the dog in the front yard. Espinoza says the officer shot Payton in front of his wife and two daughters.

"The officer just shot him in the head and she said when he shot him, she just saw his head rock and dust everywhere and he just fell down," said Espinoza.

He says police refused to let them have the body and instead called the pound for removal and disposal. Espinoza says their family dog was kind and gentle.

"It was excessive use of force, he didn't have to shoot the dog like that in the head. I feel like they have batons or bean bags," said Espinoza.

Police say it is procedure for an officer to use deadly force to defend themselves if an animal puts them in danger.

"If he walked up to the officer, he might have walked up to him to greet him, but I can guarantee he didn't go up there growling or barking," said Espinoza. "There were people that saw and they say the dog wasn't doing anything, he wouldn't hurt a fly."

They also say it is procedure to call animal services to pick up the animal. Police say this is not the first aggressive dog that's been shot by police.

Espinoza says his family will miss their best friend.

"My kids have just been crying, they have pictures of the dog Payton because they were attached to him," said Espinoza.

Espinoza's lawyer, David Guinn says they plan to pursue a claim for property damage if the law allows. If not, they simply want an apology.

Meanwhile, police say they are still looking for one black male and an off-white Mitsubishi. They say there could possibly be more suspects as well. If you have any information about the home invasion call Crime Line at 806-741-1000.

DamianTV
07-18-2011, 11:37 PM
There are known signs to look for in people that identify severly problematic individuals that go on to become the most famous serial killers, murderers, rapists, and thieves. Many of them begin very young with Animal Abuse.

So, how long have these people that are the potential Serial Killers been misdiagnosed as "normal", then get hired on to a "Police Force"? How would you feel if Charles Manson was your resident Sheriff? How many laws do you think he could break and get away with? How many people could die by his hand before he would be stopped? And we are expected to put our Trust into Police Officers when Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahlmer are running the Precinct? Who is going to Protect us from the people that are Protecting us?

Brian4Liberty
07-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Terrible. Thankfully it was not what the truncated title under New Posts said:

"TX - Family calls cops for help with home invasion, cops show up and shoot family"

Anti Federalist
07-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Terrible. Thankfully it was not what the truncated title under New Posts said:

"TX - Family calls cops for help with home invasion, cops show up and shoot family"

Oh, it's happened, remember that little girl in Detroit?

Damn it though, I tried to make that headline as short as possible.

Carehn
07-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I love dogs man. I have a big Akita and I just know they would shoot if they came. They would not understand she is a BIG puppy. I hope they never come to my house.

Not only that but it starts with dogs. Like serial killers its a sign of a nut to kill animals for fun... To an extent. ground hogs and shit don't count.

But ya wont be long before they start killing the most fit male.

DamianTV
07-19-2011, 06:30 AM
They already do. Even if the "most fit male" is an 88 year old Alzheimers Patient in a Hospital Bed in a Coma. Oh, he is the only male? Well, he isnt responding to your questions. Quick! Tazer his sorry ass!

Krugerrand
07-19-2011, 07:10 AM
According to this source ... the dog "ran belligerently." How could you expect them not to shoot a belligerently running dog?

That's when Payton, the family's Saint Bernard escaped. Police say when officers approached the house, the dog ran belligerently toward them. Police shot the dog in the front yard in front of Espinoza’s wife and two daughters.
http://newsradio1420.com/newsradio/newsMaker.asp?storyID=25335

Notice that the news stories do not name the officer.

http://i51.tinypic.com/29q12bm.jpg

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 12:26 AM
///

Rael
07-20-2011, 02:01 AM
OMG. I have that exact same bedspread and pillows.

Seriously though, why are these cops so damn afraid of dogs? Why couldn't they pepper spray the dog?

I'm not usually in favor of more government laws, but I think there should be a law requiring cops to use non lethal means on family pets when possible, the same way they are SUPPOSED to do with people, not that they seem to give a shit about that either. :mad:

Rael
07-20-2011, 02:06 AM
AF, is there a good article you would recommend that I could send to family and friends warning them of the danger of calling the cops? Maybe something concise that will get their attention, unfortunately the people I know tend to have short attention spans

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
AF, is there a good article you would recommend that I could send to family and friends warning them of the danger of calling the cops? Maybe something concise that will get their attention, unfortunately the people I know tend to have short attention spans

Well, now, I guess you've just assigned me a project, because as far as I know, the answer is no.

There are some out there that I've read, but mostly, it's just people reporting these incidents as they occur, not really describing the pattern to it, as it relates to new training and a new "attitude" among the enforcers of the state.

If anybody has, however it would be Will Grigg, I'll look into for you.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2011, 08:35 PM
According to this source ... the dog "ran belligerently." How could you expect them not to shoot a belligerently running dog?

Notice that the news stories do not name the officer.

http://i51.tinypic.com/29q12bm.jpg

Bump because daviddee hasn't picked it up for site yet http://www.dogmurderers.com/

flightlesskiwi
07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
sh*t. a report about dog murdering cops finally surfaces in my neck of the woods. noted. can't imagine watching someone put a bullet into my dog's head. i am glad no humans were shot.

DamianTV
07-21-2011, 03:39 AM
sh*t. a report about dog murdering cops finally surfaces in my neck of the woods. noted. can't imagine watching someone put a bullet into my dog's head. i am glad no humans were shot.

I'm not. There is one human in particular that I think should have sampled the Lead Flavored Lobotomy Sample, and he barely qualifies as a Human Being.