PDA

View Full Version : By The Numbers---the Leno Effect

Shink
10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't have all the numbers, I'd like any help in that regard.

I read on Rockwell that 11 million saw the show last night. Is this just average viewership?

How many of you got others to watch?

Those that were there--how saturated with us was the audience/how many people were there total? Did signwavers get some buzz in CA?

Any known impact from all the flowers sent?

And best of all--have there been spikes in donations and alexa rankings?

How much $ is on lady liberty?

goRPaul
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes, numbers please.

Speaking of numbers, anybody think we'll see a bump in the next poll? I hope its as good as when we got the Colbert bump.

Brendan Wenzel
10-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Leno made Ron look good last night and I was very pleased with the show. We should see a response from it.

0zzy
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
It was about 4.8million? Above all the other talk shows. Either way it's great. Something like, 4% of America watched it, 10% of Americans watching TV at that time watched it.

ronpaulyourmom
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
It was about 4.8million? Above all the other talk shows. Either way it's great. Something like, 4% of America watched it, 10% of Americans watching TV at that time watched it.

4% of America would be 12 million.

0zzy
10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
4% of America would be 12 million.

I lied then :).

austin356
10-31-2007, 06:38 PM

4.8 million households. More than one person is watching on average.

ronpaulyourmom
10-31-2007, 06:41 PM
4.8 million households. More than one person is watching on average.

So am I to understand that he scored a 4.8/10 rating? Because that would be significantly higher than the 3.9/10 from the day before.

Tina
10-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Leno made Ron look good last night and I was very pleased with the show. We should see a response from it.

That's a very odd way to put it don't you think? Ron made Leno look good IMO.:p

fj45lvr
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
there is no noticeable bump in donations today.

Hopefully the message will sprout like a weed in some people eventually.

Kregener
10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
My sister watched it, and she has never seen Ron Paul say anything.

She was impressed by him.

Shink
10-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Hmm...maybe holdouts for the moneybomb are skewing results, leaving a big chunk of today's donations coming from new converts? Just a thought.

My sister watched it, and she has never seen Ron Paul say anything.

She was impressed by him.

Hey, that's good news.:)

Minlawc
10-31-2007, 07:18 PM

Well, alot of people just don't donate to politicians.

JenHarris
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

I don't think people rush to donate money to a candidate right after they hear about them. I know it took me about 2 months after first hearing Ron Paul on Real Time before I donated. Think of Leno as seeds that were planted for our Nov Dec fund raising as people look into him more. Also, a lot of people just don't donate to politics; it never occurred to me that I would do it until I discovered this campaign.

OptionsTrader
10-31-2007, 07:30 PM
How much $ is on lady liberty?

We'll see a Leno bump, but keep in mind people aren't going to donate immediately if they learned of him for the first time less than 24 hours ago. The Ron Paul bug takes a little while to take hold.

MsDoodahs
10-31-2007, 07:41 PM
I got my aunt (85 yrs) to watch. Called her today and asked if she saw Ron. She said, yes, he wants to get rid of social security. I quickly said, Not for YOU and she said Oh, I KNOW - he wants to get rid of it for Bobby (her great grandson, aged 13).

She liked Dr. Paul.

:D